Ending SAN-BOS service?

Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Ending SAN-BOS service?

I saw this route map and just wondering if Alaska is ending service between San Diego and Boston? Does anyone know?

Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'm pretty sure that's just an oversight
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:12 pm

I doubt it. That flight has to be ridiculously profitable by now. Any time I shop it 2-4 weeks out, fares are high and it's nearly full. I'm actually a little surprised that Delta hasn't jumped on this route or that AS hasn't added a morning flight from BOS.

Remember easy upgrades and $198RT specials?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Not sure where this route map is from, but if it's meant to cover all the AS nonstops from SAN, SAN-BWI isn't mentioned on this route map either. Lovely route addition.

Would love to see an afternoon departure from SAN added to the schedule. I've been flying BWI-SAN nonstop and then just taking a connecting flight on AA or VX back to avoid the red-eye.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I doubt it. That flight has to be ridiculously profitable by now. Any time I shop it 2-4 weeks out, fares are high and it's nearly full. I'm actually a little surprised that Delta hasn't jumped on this route or that AS hasn't added a morning flight from BOS.

Remember easy upgrades and $198RT specials?
yea even DL silver were getting them and i was in half empty cabins. The price has gone way up but i suppose someday it may go down with MINT on the route, if it has any effect on coach passengers.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
that map is nice but it's sort of a mess. the SAN-SMF line appears to be drawn twice and SMF doesn't appear to be 'dot worthy'...even the 'little unlabeled dot' that OMA and ABQ get. meanwhile, PVR gets a 'big unlabeled dot'. Michigan is a giant blob, and there are weird route lines showing up within Washington state.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
that map is nice but it's sort of a mess. the SAN-SMF line appears to be drawn twice and SMF doesn't appear to be 'dot worthy'...even the 'little unlabeled dot' that OMA and ABQ get. meanwhile, PVR gets a 'big unlabeled dot'. Michigan is a giant blob, and there are weird route lines showing up within Washington state.
God, it is a mess. I hope it's just a draft, not a published image. Looks like they drew LAX-SMF, hence the two lines going to SMF. Or maybe that's LAX-SJC and a separate SJC-SMF flight which doesn't exist. No matter what, given all the sloppiness, I can't imagine that it portends route changes.

It looks like another version of this map:

Apparently Alaska's graphic artist doesn't believe in Great Lakes, making New York and Michigan weirdly distorted in both versions of the map. They also took some of northern Wisconsin away and gave it to Superior Michigan.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ashill
God, it is a mess. I hope it's just a draft, not a published image. Looks like they drew LAX-SMF, hence the two lines going to SMF. Or maybe that's LAX-SJC and a separate SJC-SMF flight which doesn't exist. No matter what, given all the sloppiness, I can't imagine that it portends route changes.
No. I've been getting the image of that map in a few of my MP emails (SAN based address) the past couple of months. And yes, it is a mess.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:09 pm

Hopefully someone at AS will pass this on and they will stop using it!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:17 pm

Why is Ontario shaped like a whale?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Why is Ontario shaped like a whale?
That is what Ontario is shaped like if you draw the boundaries without regard for what is water (Great Lakes) or land.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by HiFlyerAS
Hopefully someone at AS will pass this on and they will stop using it!
She (probably) already has.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.