Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take the Dash for Miles Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I'm not even getting the activation email for Opinion Terminal; it's not in spam either. I contacted them, but haven't heard back yet.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:29 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I'm not even getting the activation email for Opinion Terminal; it's not in spam either.
I had the same issue. I waited several hours, then registered again. The activation email arrived in seconds.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I'm not even getting the activation email for Opinion Terminal; it's not in spam either. I contacted them, but haven't heard back yet.
i had that happen to me too. Have you participated in other SSI reward programs? Just try a different browser, different IP address, different email.. eventually I got it to work.

I just placed a $3 wal-mart site to store order for mileageplan shopping. Will be sweet to get another 1k so easily
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: All the Programs...
I signed up yesterday, got it quickly, but couldn't do any surveys due to massive traffic. Did a survey today, it instantly posted (both the 400 miles and the 1000 bonus miles).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:36 am

Opinion portal won't let me register despite testing 3 different browsers, is anyone else having issues?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The T&Cs say this: "Mileage Plan™ members who register for this offer and complete at least one transaction with each of Mileage Plan Dining, Mileage Plan Shopping, and Miles for Surveys during the promotional period will receive 1,000 bonus Miles for each partner they earn with."

Does "at least one transaction with each" mean that you have to do all 3 or you won't get any miles? There are no restaurants in my area for the dining program.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Does "at least one transaction with each" mean that you have to do all 3 or you won't get any miles? There are no restaurants in my area for the dining program.
I had initially read it that way but real life experiences says that each activity will get the 1000 point bonus. Several of us have completed the survey exercise and have received our 1000 points plus points for the survey.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone finding a good cheap shopping option? I can't find my usual suspects (iTunes, or gift cards through just about anyplace without terms that exclude them).
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone finding a good cheap shopping option? I can't find my usual suspects (iTunes, or gift cards through just about anyplace without terms that exclude them).
Someone suggested groupon but not that cheap, most of the options near me are almost 1/2 the cost of what it is just to buy 1k miles. Just hope you actually need to buy something anyways and can just do it through the portal.

*EDIT*

Looks like you can get an ebook for as low as $1 on Barnes and noble. Thats what i just did. Looks like ebooks are not excluded.

Not eligible on gift wrapping. Not eligible on SparkNotes. B&N Memberships are eligible. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 9, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks to the OP. Easy, 20 min., 1400 mile for survey.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by josephstern
i did Walmart.com in store pick up for a couple dollar sponges.. at least you can buy something useful. <fwiw hasn't credited yet but I believe it will>
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Another shopping option: raise.com is a discounted gift-card vendor. You can get gift cards from them for pretty much anywhere you'd normally shop, including supermarkets, department stores, pharmacies, Lyft and Uber, etc.. I just bought a Lyft gift card since I take them from the airport, and will likely buy several others.

Zilch for opinion terminal, though. Tried different emails and browsers, incognito mode, etc...nothing seems to work.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by CDKing
Someone suggested groupon but not that cheap, most of the options near me are almost 1/2 the cost of what it is just to buy 1k miles. Just hope you actually need to buy something anyways and can just do it through the portal.

*EDIT*

Looks like you can get an ebook for as low as $1 on Barnes and noble. Thats what i just did. Looks like ebooks are not excluded.
Upon checkout (trying the B&N ebook), do you need to enter in a promotional code?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I just bought something from Walmart I would have ordered soon anyway (coffee). Anyone know how long it typically takes for purchases to post to the MP account?

Signed up for the survey thing, tried two surveys but was disqualified right away on both, so got 2x5 pts plus 1000 bonus points. I can live with that, don't really want my time filling our surveys with fake information. Now for the dine... exactly one restaurant in town and not a lot of travel until 9/30.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried a B&N ebook for one of these once - never got credit.

I'll give raise.com a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.