Redeeming Kids miles and fees

Old Jul 28, 17, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Plat, AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards
Redeeming Kids miles and fees

Has anyone used kid's award miles for a flight?

I wasn't allowed to have an online account for kids, so they made me set it up through the phone. I assume booking travel will be the same, need to access the account by phone.

So will they charge me the Call Center Fee for the Reservation? Sounds kind of cheesy since there would be no other option to use their miles to book the flight?

Or is there some tricky way to do it online afterall?
Old Jul 28, 17, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
After your child has accumulated enough miles for an award, you can call and request that an online account be made. Then you can do as you wish. That is what I did with my daughter.
Old Jul 29, 17, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Plat, AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards
Thanks, I'll try that.
Old Jul 31, 17, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by archstenton View Post
Has anyone used kid's award miles for a flight?

I wasn't allowed to have an online account for kids, so they made me set it up through the phone. I assume booking travel will be the same, need to access the account by phone.

So will they charge me the Call Center Fee for the Reservation? Sounds kind of cheesy since there would be no other option to use their miles to book the flight?

Or is there some tricky way to do it online afterall?
Once you set up the kids account over the phone you can set up online access (I may have had to call back up to set up online access). Once you have online access you can book tickets with the kids miles online.

The initial setup process was kind of a pain. I think this is something new because I thought I setup my first two kids all online (ages 10 & 6). But my youngest who is 3 I had to go through the process you discussed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: