Alaska Delayed/Canceled Compensation

Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Dec 18,2017
Flight 272 LAX to SJO
Scheduled 8:20am
Delayed to 10am for missing crew, delayed again. Boarded at 11am
De-boarded the plane at 12:20 as they can't locate crew. Given $12 voucher at this point.

Plane now scheduled to board at 1:30pm. So 5 hours and counting at this point.
On board at 2pm.
In the air at 2:15pm

Received an apology email at 10:45 am saying a discount credit for the next flight would be coming. Over 3 1/2 hours ago. The credit should be doubled.
Taking off at our original landing time.
Arrived SJO at 9:45pm.
To be continued

Last edited by mhdena; Dec 19, 2017 at 10:17 am
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I meant to put the above here rather than the other thread.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Date 12/18/2017
Route and Flight Number DFW-SEA, AS 669
Number of hours between originally scheduled arrival and actual arrival 2 hrs, on the dot
Compensation received $75

Please note if you needed to reach out to Alaska for further compensation. No. Email showed up the next day.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Resurrecting this thread since I couldn't find a "newer" version:

7/14/2018
LAS-JFK, AS1260 (legacy VX route)
Flight cancelled due to maintenance and entire cabin crew requiring medical evaluation, rebooked on DL775
8.5 hours late arrival once it was all said and done
$300 voucher; e-mails sent immediately

Scheduled 10pm depart, delayed for weather and maintenance issue (weird smell in cabin).
Pushed back at 10:40pm and taxied to runway, only to return to gate and de-board just after 11pm. Two passengers feeling light-headed/near passed out.
Flight cancelled just after midnight; two flight attendants removed from aircraft on stretchers by paramedics, remaining cabin crew taken to hospital for evaluation
Slummed it out at airport in LAS as DL775 was an 6:15am depart and it was nearly 1:00am by the time I was rebooked.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS
Wow, thank goodness it seems to,have worked out OK.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:15 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Jun 29, Friday afternoon
AS 1187 2:45pm SFO-EWR was cancelled with 2 hours notice

Everyone scrambling to get on any last replacement flights to the East Coast that afternoon.
I barely managed to get on one of the last UA flights not a redeye (paying $450), to make it to a vacation flight the next morning.

AS proactively offered $250 coupon (for this Gold 75). Is that reasonable?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by TA
Jun 29, Friday afternoon
AS 1187 2:45pm SFO-EWR was cancelled with 2 hours notice

Everyone scrambling to get on any last replacement flights to the East Coast that afternoon.
I barely managed to get on one of the last UA flights not a redeye (paying $450), to make it to a vacation flight the next morning.

AS proactively offered $250 coupon (for this Gold 75). Is that reasonable?
i think it is fine, i would also ask for a refund on the segment.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
And for RQM/EQM for the flight you were supposed to take at the rate you paid.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:24 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Klrduks
And for RQM/EQM for the flight you were supposed to take at the rate you paid.
Oh that is a good reminder. How would I claim that? Through a missing miles submission form, or would it take an email / phone call to customer service?

Edit: I note that the missing miles request form probably will not handle it correctly, because the ticket number is to be input, and my ticket will have been cancelled. I probably have to call?

Last edited by TA; Jul 26, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by TA
Oh that is a good reminder. How would I claim that? Through a missing miles submission form, or would it take an email / phone call to customer service?

Edit: I note that the missing miles request form probably will not handle it correctly, because the ticket number is to be input, and my ticket will have been cancelled. I probably have to call?
I'd call customer care.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
In March, I had rolling delays out of Phoenix and was eventually cancelled. They put me on a connecting AA flight that got me home within 2 hours of my original arrival time. I proactively got a $300 travel coupon.
July 21 flying MCO-SEA on AS 19 was delayed 5 hours (7:15pm departure to 12:15am). Was offered $125. I felt that was not enough (I'd rather have the cancellation than a 5 hour delay with children). I've asked for $300 and am waiting to hear back.

I'm 75k.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
I'd call customer care.
and use the term "original routing credit"
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
In March, I had rolling delays out of Phoenix and was eventually cancelled. They put me on a connecting AA flight that got me home within 2 hours of my original arrival time. I proactively got a $300 travel coupon.
July 21 flying MCO-SEA on AS 19 was delayed 5 hours (7:15pm departure to 12:15am). Was offered $125. I felt that was not enough (I'd rather have the cancellation than a 5 hour delay with children). I've asked for $300 and am waiting to hear back.

I'm 75k.
I assume you also asked for and received a refund on your ex-PHX departure?

Those reverse redeyes are rough on the body...3am SEA arrival, ouch....looks like on 7/23 that flight was up to the same tricks and eventually canceled but not before posting an ETD of 1:45am with a 4:45am arrival.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by TA
If AS rebooked you onto UA on your original ticket, you'll be able to claim it but it sounds like you purchased the UA flight yourself and they gave/will give you a refund. I doubt AS will give ORC on a refunded ticket.

I've had good luck with emailing [email protected] with my details, the original flight #, route & fare class along with a copy of the ticket receipt and boarding passes (if I had those), and that I'm requesting original routing credit as PV_Premier noted.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
~4.5hr MX delay, loss of confirmed at booking F (upfared instant upgrade), and 24 hour delay to final destination. Proactively sent $100 discount code per person.

Meal vouchers were issued for the entire party rather than individually, which reduced the utility a bit.

Last edited by rustykettel; Oct 8, 2018 at 10:16 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.