Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to 7H (Ravn Alaska) partnership?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Aliquot
What are they?
Mileage earning and standby cooperation, at least.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
Mileage earning and standby cooperation, at least.
What am I missing? The competitive routes do not earn miles. The web site says they haven't since 2014. I know years ago on Frontier they didn't either. There may have been a time in between whe the did.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aliquot
What am I missing? The competitive routes do not earn miles. The web site says they haven't since 2014. I know years ago on Frontier they didn't either. There may have been a time in between whe the did.
I've earned AS miles flying 7H on FAI-ANC and ANC-ADQ as recently as this year. There was a period of time when AS wouldn't award miles on Ravn's ANC-FAI and ANC-BET but it went away a while ago. They've been much more cooperative on those routes (until now).

AS miles could be earned on 7H to ADQ as long as I can remember.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
Intra-Alaska AS

I wonder if it makes economic sense for AS to dabble in the ENA and HOM's of AK. Funny enough, I was in a meeting in Homer last week about some airport ops and it seems that the community would welcome TSA to come down and enable easier connections in ANC.

The ENA terminal has had security previously (long ago), it could be done again.

I would bet that the partnership with 7H will end sooner rather than later - their ops are completely erratic and not the same one day to the next, as has been mentioned before. About six months ago I had an interesting conversation with an FA that lives on the Kenai Peninsula, and she had nothing good to say about 7H and will not commute with them - so maybe that attitude is shared at AS corporate?

I refuse to fly with them as well, so don't really have a personal stake in a termination of the partnership.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by AKDan
I wonder if it makes economic sense for AS to dabble in the ENA and HOM's of AK. Funny enough, I was in a meeting in Homer last week about some airport ops and it seems that the community would welcome TSA to come down and enable easier connections in ANC.

The ENA terminal has had security previously (long ago), it could be done again.

I would bet that the partnership with 7H will end sooner rather than later - their ops are completely erratic and not the same one day to the next, as has been mentioned before. About six months ago I had an interesting conversation with an FA that lives on the Kenai Peninsula, and she had nothing good to say about 7H and will not commute with them - so maybe that attitude is shared at AS corporate?

I refuse to fly with them as well, so don't really have a personal stake in a termination of the partnership.
Well the fly in TSA for Adak so i guess they could do the same for ENA.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
I've earned AS miles flying 7H on FAI-ANC and ANC-ADQ as recently as this year. There was a period of time when AS wouldn't award miles on Ravn's ANC-FAI and ANC-BET but it went away a while ago. They've been much more cooperative on those routes (until now).

AS miles could be earned on 7H to ADQ as long as I can remember.
That is contrary to what the web site says, and my experience. Although my last time on 7H was almost three years ago.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know, seems pretty straight forward to me, get 100% miles on any fare anywhere Ravn flies except for:

No mileage may be earned on flights from Anchorage to Barrow, Dillingham or Prudhoe Bay. No mileage may be earned between Fairbanks and Barrow, Kotzebue, Nome or Prudhoe Bay, or between Barrow and Prudhoe Bay.

To qualify, flights must be in the ranges of eligible flight numbers listed below and must be marketed and operated by Ravn Alaska.

Ravn Alaska

Eligible flight numbers

0001–0999
7000–7999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (7H) must precede the flight number (for example, 7H XXXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
And do not get any elite qualifying miles at all.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by CDKing
Well the fly in TSA for Adak .
Are you sure about that? Penair took seats out of their new Saabs so they are under the set count to require TSA at DUT. They did not want the expense of flying TSA into DUT on every flight and run the risk of putting them in hotels due to weather.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOB W
Are you sure about that? Penair took seats out of their new Saabs so they are under the set count to require TSA at DUT. They did not want the expense of flying TSA into DUT on every flight and run the risk of putting them in hotels due to weather.
Adak might be different since service is only twice weekly, not multiple dailies like DUT.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Bob W,

the TSA has some carve-outs for airlines operating in Alaska in a non-sterile environment. KS had to yank out seats for performance reasons in DUT; but its always easy for them to publicly blame the TSA. It has to do with the super short runway and the fact the Saab 2000 baggage pit is about the same size as a Saab 340 - so you have 16 more seats but the same baggage space. AND no overhead bins for the smaller carry-ons.

The airline could conduct its own screenings of passengers for airplanes larger than 50 seats - you will see this a lot with charters & what not at FBOs. Alaska and Hawaii both are different animals, so the rules don't apply in the same manner.

should AS/QX operate into ENA on a regular basis, they would probably just staff TDY or regular TSA agents there. TSA also flies in TSO's into GST daily for the single 737-400 to Juneau.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
ANC-ADQ Ravn flights not showing on AS

Trying to book flights ANC-ADQ return for early November. The only flights showing on AS are the two daily AS jet flights. The Ravn prop flights are no longer bookable on AS. Ravn has multiple flight each day that I could book on AS until recently. Anyone know what is going on?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
See post #24.

Last edited by dayone; Sep 23, 2017 at 8:45 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Bob W,
TSA also flies in TSO's into GST daily for the single 737-400 to Juneau.
...And the TSA agents do earn miles too ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.