AS Million Mile Program

Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:56 pm
HDK
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
AS Million Mile Program

It's taken me a while (25 years) but I recently achieved million mile flyer status on AS. Not that I'm being an ingrate but I'm curious as to other recent 1MM achievers as far as recognition goes. It was my understanding that AS sent you an email shortly before your qualifying flight and then reached out with a letter or email from Brad and made arrangements for delivery of your model 737, luggage tags etc.

I have received no communication from AS regarding my 1MM status. The crew did make an announcement before we pushed back from ANC and again when we landed at SEA however. My profile and tier status shows me as a million mile flyer and the 8 GGU's were deposited into my account, other than that no other communication. My qualifying flight was on June 16th and it seems odd that there has been no contact from AS.

Also curious if 1MM flyer status is shown on the pax manifest. It's been rare lately but in the past flight attendants have acknowledged my MVPG or MVPG75K status. Wondering if they even know a passenger is a 1MM flyer?

TIA for any feedback...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Congrats!

It does sound like AS may have 'dropped the ball' in this case, or 'the package is in the mail'

AFAIK MM does show up on the manifest. Recently AS switched to an electronic one for most everything (except for the printout for drink orders) that has it listed.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah I believe the FAs know if someone is a MMer. For us non-MMers who are 75Ks and Golds, they seem to bunch us into one group when recognizing our statuses.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Also curious if 1MM flyer status is shown on the pax manifest. It's been rare lately but in the past flight attendants have acknowledged my MVPG or MVPG75K status. Wondering if they even know a passenger is a 1MM flyer?

Not sure about the manifest but the handhelds the FA's use during food and drink service does indicate MM status. So they do know, and I just about always have been thanked for my patronage.

And welcome to the party!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
AS does a great job of recognizing 1MM in the back of the plane, at least in my experience. Coming up on two years there was only one time when I was not recognized. After mentioning my status and the FA confirming it, all was good. They seem to take pleasure in keeping us (me?) happy.

In fact, I was in F a while back and asked for the fruit & cheese from the back (the F option was something I was tired of eating) and the FA told me that I basically could have anything I wanted at no charge. Why not? if I was flying in Y I would have gotten it at no charge anyway.

What is really fun is asking for the Prosecco from the Y cabin and having them make me (almost) unlimited Mimosas on the morning flights.
ctporter likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
What is really fun is asking for the Prosecco from the Y cabin and having them make me (almost) unlimited Mimosas on the morning flights.
Sadly, only four of them. Good enough for a quick flight to PDX, but not enough for the slightly longer flight to SFO.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:53 pm
HDK
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
Thanks for the input, I've emailed AS feedback/mileage plan asking them to confirm if they still give out the recognition swag to 1MM flyers.

As far as recognizing million mile flyers none of the FA's said anything to me on my trip last week to LAX and back. I was in FC both down and back and they did address me by name though.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
They rarely, if ever, say anything in the F cabin about 1MM's. Everyone up front either paid or has high status anyway. They almost always say something special on those occasions where I have been in the Y cabin.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've also heard announcements on the PA congratulating them (just thanking them, not on qualifying flights). Sometimes there's two onboard too.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
AS dropped the ball on my "recognition" in every way. You can read my sad tale here at post number 27 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-achiever.html

As far as knowing a MM is aboard, on a flight to Vegas last month the F flight attendant showed me that on her tablet it does NOT show me as a MM but on the printed manifest it does. As most FA's are using the tablet I am guessing that most FA's will not know if any MM's are on the flight. YMMV.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Air mm MVPG75k, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Smile

I just checked - It was a while ago but I didn't get an email when I was close. You have to pay attention and do the math yourself. I wasn't paying close attention (I knew it would happen on a particular trip just wasn't sure what leg) but knew what was up when they called me to the podium for the little ceremony. When I got mine, it just showed up on my mileage login page as my new status. My box with the plane and tags came in the mail about 2 months later. I've seen the MM status on the electronic manifests. They have to know because they never charge for drinks or food when I'm in Y. I have never had FA fail to acknowledge me personally, especially in Y, although the PA acknowledgement is pretty hit and miss. Just my personal experiences.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt
Today I’m flying Lihue to San Diego (I will my 1,000,000 on this flight). Then tomorrow San Diego to Seattle to Ketchikan. After 25 years of slogging through 40,000 miles per year/year after year .... thought it would be interesting to see what recognition AK would provide on my million mile flight. Nothing at ticket counter
or gate today. Maybe on flights tomorrow ....

Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:34 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk and the Alaska Airlines forum. ^
Hope someone realizes this for you. How far out did you book these flights? And have you had any other last minute purchases throwing off the calculus?Hope you had fun in LIH, although the forecast earlier in the week indicated a soggy eclipse...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I too am curious about recognition of qualifying flights - TH has roughly calculated when she’ll qualify and I’m planing on being on that flight as well.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt
Hi BECKOA: I made the LIH reservation in June 2017. I hit approx 990,000 miles in October, had 998,500 miles hit account 2 weeks ago. Never any question I’d hit 1,000,000 on return flight from LIH. Never made any changes to original reservation. On the flight tonight I mentioned to FA (so I could get free meal) / showed her my app / that I was hitting 1,000,000 miles. She was very nice, immediately very red-faced/she and other FA seemed embarrassed they weren’t aware. In any event, they were very nice, gave us free meals, chocolates, etc., kept asking if there was anything else we wanted, etc. I appreciated their sincere appreciation for the obvious years of business. However, the complete lack of AK Air acknowledgment, though, is - I think - a sad marketing failure on the AK Air “system’s” part (to ensure the system recognizes a customer is about to hit a significant milestone/and ensure a real person thanks the customer in real-time for many years of loyalty and business). Oh well, I appreciate Alaska Airlines doing an overall awesome job of flying me (and my family) safely all over Alaska and the continental US (and Hawaii) for the past 25 years - and otherwise operating the best airline in the Universe. Thanks.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 3, 2018 at 2:26 pm Reason: Removed PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.