FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS Million Mile Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1852811-million-mile-program.html)

dave1013 Feb 5, 2018 8:05 am

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 29376067)
A week or so after I got home I got a phone call from the AS Station Manager in Anchorage. He congratulated me and asked if there was a time he could stop by with my 1MM model Airplane. A few days later I had my plane. A couple of weeks after that I got the luggage tags, 1MM card and some other things in the mail.

Pretty much the same experience here. Some of my friends at work were skeptical of my MM claims; others, who had observed the final push of MR's, questioned my sanity (I later told them to get in line). So when the nice AS lady from Anchorage was here in Juneau to drop off my mementos and attend to other business, I asked her to come by the office, where I had reserved one of our small conference rooms for a proper ceremony. Thus were the doubters silenced!

lalala Feb 5, 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 29380494)
With just under 1.2 MM I do not have a countdown bar to 2MM. I do have it on good authority that 2MM does give you MVPG/75K for life. I have not heard of any other benefits.

And you need to let me know which flight you will be on. It would be fun to fly with you on that flight. (and TH's flight also)

I would love that.

Baze Feb 5, 2018 10:33 pm

Even a FA saying something is more than I got from UA when I passed 1MM on them.

seahawks10177 Feb 5, 2018 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Orwaid (Post 29380730)
I remember the 1MM bar did not appear until after you had 300K (or something like that).

yeah mine appeared after like 50,000 miles (when I was 19)

Angoon Feb 6, 2018 12:52 am

[img]webkit-fake-url://f5b99e73-a748-4114-ba51-e1c690868238/imagepng[/img]My first million posted today - no 2 M “bar” on the page but that’s OK, by my calculation I’ll hit 2 Million Miles 25 years from now, at age 89. In the meantime, waiting for the bar will give me something to live for!

VegasGambler Feb 6, 2018 1:10 am

Originally Posted by CalanMan (Post 29380806)
Definitely no longer the case. Here's my mom's account:

Here's mine:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e351a68ef0.png

So... umm... they don't count legacy VX flights...

rustykettel Feb 6, 2018 10:28 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 29384702)
Here's mine:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e351a68ef0.png

So... umm... they don't count legacy VX flights...

Were those credited to an Elevate account? Flights from the acquisition date are supposed to be added to your Mileage Plan at some point. Flights prior to Alaska purchasing VX will not. My VX flights credited to Mileage Plan last fall all incremented the lifetime miles as soon as they posted.

VegasGambler Feb 6, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 29386137)

Were those credited to an Elevate account? Flights from the acquisition date are supposed to be added to your Mileage Plan at some point. Flights prior to Alaska purchasing VX will not. My VX flights credited to Mileage Plan last fall all incremented the lifetime miles as soon as they posted.

What do you mean, "credited"? I flew the flights (many post-merger) with an elevate FF number on VX metal. I earned elevate points. Last month I converted my elevate pts to AS miles at a 1.3:1 ratio. I was Elevate Gold in 2017 (earned in 2016), but did not fly much last year so I only would have been elevate silver this year, if elevate still existed. So they made me MVP (not MVP Gold). This all seems fair; I don't think I'm due anything in terms of award miles or status. Those 500+ miles in my lifetime account are from a flight I took on AS metal (which happened to be post-merger).

I've only ever flown on AS once before that, RT to hawaii, about 5 years ago. I still have the emails about that flight in my gmail account; I checked and I didn't seem to have an FF number attached to that reservation. I thought I had created an account and applied credit after the flight, but I can't find emails about that in my archive so I probably just never got around to it. I used to fly Southwest back then so I probably didn't care.

As far as MM lifetime miles, I'm not sure if my VX flights with an elevate FF number attached should count.

rustykettel Feb 6, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 29386670)
What do you mean, "credited"? I flew the flights (many post-merger) with an elevate FF number on VX metal. I earned elevate points. Last month I converted my elevate pts to AS miles at a 1.3:1 ratio. I was Elevate Gold in 2017 (earned in 2016), but did not fly much last year so I only would have been elevate silver this year, if elevate still existed. So they made me MVP (not MVP Gold). This all seems fair; I don't think I'm due anything in terms of award miles or status. Those 500+ miles in my lifetime account are from a flight I took on AS metal (which happened to be post-merger).

I've only ever flown on AS once before that, RT to hawaii, about 5 years ago. I still have the emails about that flight in my gmail account; I checked and I didn't seem to have an FF number attached to that reservation. I thought I had created an account and applied credit after the flight, but I can't find emails about that in my archive so I probably just never got around to it. I used to fly Southwest back then so I probably didn't care.

As far as MM lifetime miles, I'm not sure if my VX flights with an elevate FF number attached should count.

By crediting, meant which frequent flyer number (and by extension the program) was on the flights. Alaska has announced that all VX flights after the acquisition date (Dec 2016 I think) will count towards lifetime AS miles, regardless if an Elevate or Mileage Plan number was in the reservation, but it's apparently not transferred over yet. This is seperate from the converted Elevate points. When the dust settles, your lifetime miles should go up.^

BOB W Feb 6, 2018 10:23 pm

A friend of mine is at 1.8MM on AS. He sent a screen shot of his mileage page which I will not post for his privacy. It does not show a countdown to 2MM. He fell to Gold in 2017 due to lack of flights but will be back in the air the rest of this year so he still has a good chance to get to 2MM.

BayAreaTrvler Dec 3, 2023 10:50 am

AS Million Miler Gifts

Interested in others’ views here. I hit a million on AS earlier this year, and received an email with a link to several gift choices. I made my selection - a men’s’ travel bag - and awaited its arrival. Then, one day I received an email from the 3rd party they apparently use for fulfillment. Apparently they didn’t actually have what AS offered, and what I selected. Instead, they offered me four choices: a toy plane, wine, coffee, or a ladies’ handbag. I’ve been holding off redeeming my code ever since, because I don’t need a ladies’ handbag, I’m not thrilled with the wine or coffee selections and honestly I don’t need another shelf ornament. What would you suggest AS offer for flying one million miles on their airplanes? I would be satisfied with something like a laptop bag or backpack, which is what motivated my original choice, Something I can actually USE. Their choices today reveal a lack of imagination, creativity, and care.

anteater Dec 3, 2023 11:33 am

You could contact the AS MM team and express your concern. They may be able to help.

🤙🏻🍹

BOB W Jan 1, 2024 7:46 pm

Million Miler Question

As a 1MM, one of our benefits is 20,000 EQM's each year. This started in 2023. Any guesses when these miles will show up in our accounts? I know, it's only Jan. 1, but I am curious.

I know the 100K roll over miles won't post until February. Not sure if the 1MM miles will post then also.

Seattlenerd Jan 7, 2024 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 35867489)
As a 1MM, one of our benefits is 20,000 EQM's each year. This started in 2023. Any guesses when these miles will show up in our accounts? I know, it's only Jan. 1, but I am curious.

I know the 100K roll over miles won't post until February. Not sure if the 1MM miles will post then also.

It is now (nearly) a week later, and still no EQMs for this MM, but I can't find when they were credited in 2023. However, it appears four new GGUs have arrived with 12/31/2025 expiration dates.

BOB W Jan 7, 2024 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd (Post 35886474)
It is now (nearly) a week later, and still no EQMs for this MM, but I can't find when they were credited in 2023. However, it appears four new GGUs have arrived with 12/31/2025 expiration dates.

The rumor is that the 1MM miles will post in February at the same time as the 100K rollover miles post. We shall see.