Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM Earning on Hainan Airlines (HU)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by eethan
I got rejected by email first, and then pleaded on the phone, but to no avail. They keep pretty good records - are you referring to a more formal escalation then just calling in?
I wouldn't know about the escalation path, but it's definitely something you need to explore. Those flight number ranges aren't supposed to exclude arbitrary flights willy-nilly (at least generally--see BA CityFlyer), and I vaguely remember someone here on FT complaining to AS in a similar situation with a different partner and getting credit and an earning chart adjustment.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Previous thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-airlines.html
@missydarlin - any update?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Here is one even worse. Not only is the flight number out of range, Its a P fare which is not in the chart. Also CKG as the city. So some of these new routes are causing problems since HU flight numbers are fare classes are all over the place.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:04 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Hainan earnings charts have been updated.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Thanks @missydarlin for the quick save. - I got full credit. Coming from legacy carriers, I'm impressed how quickly things were put in order. We do things faster on the West coast!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Hainan earnings charts have been updated.
Any chance the same update could be made for AF 871 that flies CPT to CDG? The reverse route AF 864 credits correctly.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:31 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by pal02
Any chance the same update could be made for AF 871 that flies CPT to CDG? The reverse route AF 864 credits correctly.
At this point I'm going to say that it's unlikely.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
At this point I'm going to say that it's unlikely.
That's really disappointing to hear There's still a good 5 months left to earn miles on AF. I flew CPT-CDG two weeks ago and was counting on those 5800 EQMs to make status. I know at least another Alaska flyer on these forums took that flight recently and is looking to get it corrected as well.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
@missydarlin

The P fare that CDKing mentioned above is showing quite often now in standard coach tickets. Yet they are still missing from the AS award chart. I'm giving you guys a couple months heads up to update your chart before my next flight.

Seriously though, wouldn't it be more efficient for AS to just review this quarterly with Hainan? - Add a slide to your existing meeting agenda showing the new flight numbers and fare codes. Aren't airlines supposed to be really good at this kind of advanced planning?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:53 pm

Also, R is earning more than Z and I which doesn't make sense anymore as it's now the lowest Business class on HU's own chart.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
Also, R is earning more than Z and I which doesn't make sense anymore as it's now the lowest Business class on HU's own chart.
Its a holdover from when R was a first class fare. Regardless i don't know how this affects you. The other earnings (C/D/I) are not going to go up based in what R is now or may become at a later date.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Its a holdover from when R was a first class fare. Regardless i don't know how this affects you. The other earnings (C/D/I) are not going to go up based in what R is now or may become at a later date.
I am choosing from either CDG-XIY in Z or PRG-PEK-XIY in R, obvisouly the Z fare is cheaper and faster but it earns 75% less PQM which I might need to qualify next year. It won't be an issue if R earning is being changed and I won't consider it anymore...
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kurt
I flew LAX-CSX-LAX a couple of weeks ago and the miles posted perfectly (27,992 EQMs for the R/T and 45,488 RDMs). Quite lucrative when booked in D class. Very nice flights with empty adjacent seats, sweet flight attendants and food, food, food!

HAINAN AIRLINES Flight 7923 CSX LAX 6,998 15,746 22,744
HAINAN AIRLINES Flight 7924 LAX CSX 6,998 15,746 22,744
Was D class previously earning 100% EQM bonus? It's currently showing 25% EQM bonus. And has anyone been able to find R fares lately? Seems to more rare now these days.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:05 pm

Looks like the HU earning chart is finally being updated - R will not earn the 100% class of service bonus starting 10/1/18. C and D class bonuses go up to 150% and 100% respectively, from 50% and 25%.

Sad to see it go, but not unexpected.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
@missydarlin

Q, X, W, U, V are listed as both 50% & 30% post 10/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.