Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

A slight change to this thread for 2018. Please include departure time along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
31DEC
SANSTL
Quiche with asparagus served with a salad and fruit

For some reason I would have sworn that the last time I took a SkyWest flight they had glassware; the FA serving F was great and swapped out two of the meals for a snackbox and cheese plate for my kids. Towards the end of the flight warm nuts were offered.

Quite like the fact that SANSTL has another option other than WN although with this flight clearly is relying on local traffic whereas WN can connect on both ends. Hopefully it will stick around, I'd say the flight was booked around 60%.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
For some reason I would have sworn that the last time I took a SkyWest flight they had glassware; the FA serving F was great and swapped out two of the meals for a snackbox and cheese plate for my kids. Towards the end of the flight warm nuts were offered..
Flew SAN - SLC - SEA on 12/31 and also didnt have glasswear on either OO flight.

SAN - SLC: Cold Cuts, digusting looking peppers, hummus, and small pita
SLC - SEA: caprese salad and cold cuts
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Remember, the Skywest operated E175s have a closet up front (unlike the Horizon operated E175s) which limits storage so you'll never get glassware on the Skywest flights....probably one of the only noticeable differences as far as first class service goes. I would think the Horizon version would have space for the entertainment tablet storage, but they are still absent from all E175 flights regardless of flight length.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Remember, the Skywest operated E175s have a closet up front (unlike the Horizon operated E175s) which limits storage so you'll never get glassware on the Skywest flights....probably one of the only noticeable differences as far as first class service goes. I would think the Horizon version would have space for the entertainment tablet storage, but they are still absent from all E175 flights regardless of flight length.
I had glassware on SEA - MKE, which is a OO flight. Pretty sure I had it on a PDX - AUS flight earlier this year too.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ive got an 810pm DEN-SEA flight and a 2pm SEA-LAX flight in F. Expert Flyer shows Dinner on the first flight and Lunch on the second, but I suspect it won't be a hot meal; just a snack. Any past experiences on these off-peak meal flights?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
My aunt had the shroom filled ravioli last night on AS127 SEA-ANC.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Obviously a woman that appreciates the finer things in life
JIMCHI and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa

i got this today (1/05) on AS 469 lax-sea departure 4:20pm
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
What is the F meal cutoff time, i.e breakfast is served on flights departing between xx am-xx am and dinner is between xx pm - xx pm, I know the big 3 have something similar where certain routes after a certain time don't get dinner and just a snack, wondering if AS has something similar and what the cutoff is.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
1/4 PHX-SEA 830p departure: cookie flight
1/5 SEA-PHX 345p departure: turkey sandwich that looked and smelled like pastrami, slaw and a bag of Tim’s chips (who knew Tim the moose had chips), and the prepackaged brownie. Didn’t eat it like usual, but it smelled good.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
you'll never get glassware on the Skywest flights....
False.
I had glassware PDX-DAL on 12/18/17.
And the "asparagus quiche with potato salad," which, in spite of being a truly awkward combination, I actually quite liked.
Probably because of the under-advertised BACON in that quiche!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: January 05, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 94 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 7:15pm
Length of flight: 3:00
Class of service: First
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Tumeric Chicken with cold faro salad and side garden salad. Pickled red onion garnish. Lemon bar for dessert.

Additional Comments: This meal has been described and discussed ad nauseum in 2017. Some like it, some don't. I like it. Tonight's meal included a good sized chicken breast and a decent portion of faro salad. Excellent service from the FA throughout. BOB meal was the coconut chicken bowl - another of my favorites. I hear they might be serving the mushroom ravioli on my SEA-FAI flight in a couple nights - I'll definitely spot the passenger in row 6 $8.00 to buy me a bowl for sure. Either that or Waji's Grilled Chicken and Veggies bowl.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Date of Flight: January 05, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 350 IAH-SEA
Time of Departure: 6am
Length of flight: 4:12
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Breakfast Quiche with asparagus served with fruit

Additional Comments: Wasn't the best but overall not bad
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

Date of Flight: January 10, 2018
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 749 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 10:45am
Length of flight: 2:30
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: Salad of quinoa, baby spinach and grilled chicken breast with Caesar dressing. Accompanied by dinner roll (no butter) and brownie

Additional Comments: For a flight of this length, I thought this was a pretty good lunch (by post 1985 standards). Attentive service from the FA and nicely cooked (not over-cooked or dry) chicken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.