Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

More Gate Confusion for Upgrade List (FC vs PC)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

So here's a new one for me ( and at least 6 others that I saw). A different Upgrade list order at the gate display than what is on the mobile app (or that gate agent system). I was #3 on the mobile app and #20 on the gate display on my flight out to EWR today.

Here's some more color:

I was not on the PC upgrade list even though a G75. This is because I didn't want a middle PC when I have a good Exit Row Aisle. All good right? Well not so much if you look at the gate display which had me below then every flyer with PC seat assigned or on the PC waitlist. There were a few seats clearing to FC so I was wanting to make sure I was in fact #3 and not #20 .

So myself, and a few others who were confused, went to the GA and asked. She said there are two lists; a FC and a PC list. I said...well... I see only one here (and pointed to the display) and one here (pointed to my mobile app) and they are both showing PC and both showing FC... just differently.

She was confused too which caused more confusion. "Not to worry she said....let me look a the 'real' list. So she got on the computer and said... nope.... you are #3 to clear and don't worry about this list ( and pointed to the display). It is confusing."

Then over the next 10 minutes I saw another 4-5 passengers go up with the same question.

Looks like there are 3 lists... maybe more. Mobile, Gate Display, Gate Agent System and then the one you are on before T-24 hours.

You think someone at Alaska Air IT would get the physical experience at the gate aligned with the online experience on the mobile app together... at some point in the near future.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AS just acquired another airline...so I think their IT may be a bit busy trying to integrate that carrier at the moment. Yes this is a known issue discussed on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.