Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

Preordering First Class Meals

Preordering First Class Meals

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 1, 18, 2:28 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dayone
Wiki Link

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure youre using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 29, 21, 6:14 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I realize it's over the 2 weeks mark and not the end of the world. Just curious as to why I was able to place an order for one and not the other. Technical glitch?
Old Jan 31, 21, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
If you pre-order (and pay for) a fruit/cheese plate in Y and then get upgraded at the last minute, do we get refunded for the cost of the meal? When does the actual charge go through?
Even if you don't get upgraded, you can change your mind and get something else or decline a meal altogether. My general experience is that if I'm in back they come by early in the service and ask "Do you still want your [whatever I ordered]", otherwise they'll sell it to someone else. If I pre-order a meal in F, they usually come by at the start of service with "It looks like you ordered X, do you still want that?" before they go through and serve everyone else. Sometimes when loads were light it seemed that they were defaulting to 100% F&C except for pre-orders, so I'd get my item and they'd offer F&C to everybody else. Presumably I could switch and someone else might luck into a curry chicken wrap or something.

Also, Thursday night BUR-PDX when they were serving the chocolate chip cookies, I commented on the other cookies, and the FA referred to them as "Toffee". Was that the official designation of the indeterminate flavor? I thought they seemed butterscotchy, and others here refer to them as "pecan".
Old Jan 31, 21, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aw View Post
I realize it's over the 2 weeks mark and not the end of the world. Just curious as to why I was able to place an order for one and not the other. Technical glitch?
Maybe time of day and there not being any pre-orderable option on the second flight? What time does the second flight leave?
Old Jan 31, 21, 11:42 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
@chrisl137 AS 26 SEA-ORD leaving at 5:45P. I was able to pre-order the meal for the second flight.
Old Feb 1, 21, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Going to be flying from OGG-SEA, red eye flight, 11:50pm, are we likely to have any food options at all up front?
Old Feb 1, 21, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
On my flight this morning, at check-in time (T-24) when preorder was open, it was not possible to select the wrap, only the fruit and cheese.
And for my flight tomorrow, same experience, only fruit and cheese, the sandwich is blanked.
I don't know why.
Old Feb 1, 21, 9:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I ran into the same thing over the weekend FLL-SFO with the turkey sandwich listed but not being available, and only the fruit and cheese plate or "no meal" as my choices. Passenger next to me was able to pre-order a sandwich. I just figured they reached the maximum allocation of the sandwich and had none left for pre-order by the time my upgrade cleared.
Old Feb 2, 21, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
I ran into the same thing over the weekend FLL-SFO with the turkey sandwich listed but not being available, and only the fruit and cheese plate or "no meal" as my choices. Passenger next to me was able to pre-order a sandwich. I just figured they reached the maximum allocation of the sandwich and had none left for pre-order by the time my upgrade cleared.
I thought that the reason for the 20 hour cutoff was so that they can adjust the catering order to meet the preferences of the passengers on each flight. Otherwise it's a bit south of expected. The sandwich/meal choice has been unavailable at T-24 on each of my last two flights - so maybe the catering ratio is too low. Or maybe there is a shortage of ham and turkey?
be_rettSEA and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 2, 21, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by seacarl View Post
I thought that the reason for the 20 hour cutoff was so that they can adjust the catering order to meet the preferences of the passengers on each flight. Otherwise it's a bit south of expected. The sandwich/meal choice has been unavailable at T-24 on each of my last two flights - so maybe the catering ratio is too low. Or maybe there is a shortage of ham and turkey?
I've had the 'unavailable' problem on multiple reservations even when preordering food at the 2 week mark, and at various time points between when preorder opens and when it closes so I usually chalk it up to AS IT being funky.
Old Feb 2, 21, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam View Post
I've had the 'unavailable' problem on multiple reservations even when preordering food at the 2 week mark, and at various time points between when preorder opens and when it closes so I usually chalk it up to AS IT being funky.
Interesting - it has always worked for me prior to the last two days. I didn't consider IT problems.
Old Feb 3, 21, 10:36 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I was upgraded SEA to SJC (2454 on 2/6) Monday (T-114) and the meal pre-order option is still greyed out. Might be an indication of an IT glitch as I would have assumed it would have become active once I was upgraded.
Old Feb 3, 21, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I just got upgraded for a flight on 2/7 and was prompted to reselect a meal option (I had pre-ordered F&C). The F&C was there, in addition to the turkey sandwich. This is the first time the app has worked for me in months, although it sounds like it's a long way from "fixed" based on what others are saying.
Old Feb 3, 21, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have a SEA IAD flight in FC with an option to select the meal, and a EWR SEA flight in Main Cabin without the option on Feb 18, it is greyed out. Not sure if that is a glitch or due to Covid.
Old Feb 3, 21, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ctporter View Post
I have a SEA IAD flight in FC with an option to select the meal, and a EWR SEA flight in Main Cabin without the option on Feb 18, it is greyed out. Not sure if that is a glitch or due to Covid.
Pre-order for the flight on the 18th should show up tomorrow (14 days prior to departure).
Old Feb 3, 21, 11:48 pm
Suspended

I'm a little confused. I'm flying SFO-OGG in J in a couple weeks. We leave at 11:15am and it says the meal is a "snack". No lunch?

Search this Thread