Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Yup- just reserved for SEA-STL at T-2 weeks. ^
I’m still getting the same error message so I sent another message. BTW, two different Twitter messages over the past week have been completely ignored and gone unacknowledged. Seems Twitter is not the way to reach AS. I used Messenger.

I messaged that I was still unable to preorder and was told:

I apologize but we cannot order food on your behalf. I will relay this to our Mobile team so they can look into the issue

Another few days and I asked if there was any progress:

Not yet, our team is aware and looking at options to address this issue. We are looking at the next couple days, however, we do not have an exact time frame.

Not looking good for me.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
How did things work out?

I just bought a ticket for one week from today, on an eligible route, and the app says "Reserve now" but then gives me the "Menu not available" error when I click through...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
How did things work out?

I just bought a ticket for one week from today, on an eligible route, and the app says "Reserve now" but then gives me the "Menu not available" error when I click through...
Never did clear up, right up to T-24. A few more messages to AS yielded nothing more than yet more reports to the IT team. The last at the T-48 hour mark is below but it never did get resolved.

I do see the last the two reps have already put in report forms. So, we are hoping to get it resolved well before the flight is to take off. If it is not, then pls see a crew member on the flight to advise them of your preference for meals.

At T-18, I changed to the same flight 2 days later. Tried to preorder, again got the error so I wasn’t too hopeful. However I tried again an hour ago and it worked. But still not working for the return flight next week.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Having same issue for flight from OAK-LIH for later in the week. Clicking Reserve Now yields Menu Unavailable.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Have only been able to use this once since they rolled out the functionality - it's never worked, even when it's supposed to. I have confirmed upgrades on LAX-BOS and BOS-LAX later this week, on Boeing aircraft, and no option to view food reservation/menu or select anything. Given we're T-72, it should be well within the timeframe to order. Frustrating to hear about these new features and capabilities only to have them never work.

Tweeted at AS to ask why / let them know, and they responded "I'm sorry to hear this. I'll let our support team know.".

Last edited by be_rettSEA; Sep 5, 2018 at 10:52 am Reason: Added twitter response from AS
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:58 am

Seems to work on my paid F flights. Did you get a free upgrade or using a non-commisionable ticket?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Paid flights, but upgrade using GGU for one, and upgrade at MVPG window for other. I don't remember see anything in the details of the pre-ordering that stipulated it was for paid tickets only (like lounge access or something), but for all F passengers on flights of certain length or for certain routes. I certainly interpret LAX-BOS as a "coast to coast" flight, but maybe they really mean SEA-based transcons.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Paid flights, but upgrade using GGU for one, and upgrade at MVPG window for other. I don't remember see anything in the details of the pre-ordering that stipulated it was for paid tickets only (like lounge access or something), but for all F passengers on flights of certain length or for certain routes. I certainly interpret LAEvX-BOS as a "coast to coast" flight, but maybe they really mean SEA-based transcons.
Even some SEA based flights are not supported yet (SEA-PIT)...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
Outbound OAK-LIH did not work, return flight worked fine.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Have only been able to use this once since they rolled out the functionality - it's never worked, even when it's supposed to. I have confirmed upgrades on LAX-BOS and BOS-LAX later this week, on Boeing aircraft, and no option to view food reservation/menu or select anything. Given we're T-72, it should be well within the timeframe to order. Frustrating to hear about these new features and capabilities only to have them never work.

Tweeted at AS to ask why / let them know, and they responded "I'm sorry to hear this. I'll let our support team know.".
You’re not alone on this matter. The whole upgrade process and all parts to it require an instruction sheet if you ask me.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Even some SEA based flights are not supported yet (SEA-PIT)...
PIT-SEA is now working. I chose the Bulgogi Chicken yesterday. Should be good. ^
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:02 pm

Nice when it works, which is rarely for us

Just completed a paid, first round trip to Hawaii from the Bay Area, and on the outbound leg there was no food selection option shown. The return showed the food selection option, by clicking through returned the “menu unavailable” message. This seems to be an interesting idea that’s great when it works - once so far across all of our other flights thus far. I called in and suggested they stop making a big deal of this on their website until they actually have it working, which I suppose could also be said for the “quilted throws”, etc.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:54 pm

PIT-SEA is now working. I chose the Bulgogi Chicken yesterday. Should be good. ^
And the F/A was aware of the reservation too. Think 1/4 of the cabin all reserved the chicken (at least for those on FT).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS737
My bad. I could have sworn it was one week
It is two weeks. Exactly, to the minute, two weeks. And don't swear.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So for my upcoming flight HNL-SJC in upgraded F, the only pre-select meal option listed is the "cheese plate." For a 2:10 p.m. departure. I'm assuming this is a mistake.

On outbound (OAK-HNL) pre-select not offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.