Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Too bad we still get one choice, and the same "choice" all month, on my 1660 mile flight.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
It would be nice to have a choice between the normal F entree on shorter flights and a Fruit and Cheese plate. I would have enjoyed it on my recent SEA-PHX flight (wasn't hungry enough for the big hunk of chicken).
I've done 4 SEA <-> LAX segments this year where I asked for the fruit and cheese platter, and on 3 of them they happily gave it to me. The 4th one they were sold out, so I didn't get any. This past Sunday both myself and the lady across the aisle in row 1 had the fruit and cheese platter.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
On VX in F, the FA's (at least all flights but one that I have taken) proactively offer every item from coach if one doesn't want the F offerings. On my last flight last week, she went over every single coach offering, even bringing some up to show us what was available and I chose 2 items (the turkey sandwich and the cheese plate) as none of the F items were appealing. She proactively plated it beautifully as if it was the F meal all along. They really treat F pax as F pax - I could have asked for everything from the coach menu had I wanted it and not have been limited to just the 2 selections from F.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I wonder if preordering alters the entree loads at all.. example, on SEAFLL they had 12 omelettes (assuming 6 oatmeals?). If 8 of us order omelettes, is the plane still catered to 12 or do they add in a few more? (Any AA inflight readers?)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Was in F going to BWI and coming from DCA just this past week and if this was offered it's news to me.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP
First Class Food Pre-Ordering has Arrived

https://blog.alaskaair.com/food-and-...eal-preselect/
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Looks nice... still only transcons, and only some of them for now.
I would really hope this gets extended to mid-cons sometime. I am sick of eating the same thing out and back every week during the month.

I am getting more variety on VX in MCS!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Looks nice... still only transcons, and only some of them for now.
I would really hope this gets extended to mid-cons sometime. I am sick of eating the same thing out and back every week during the month.
No need for pre-ordering on midcons since there is currently no choice of meal. For right now, transcons are really the only flights with a choice of meal, apart from some of the short-haul breakfast flights.

To give credit where it's due, I like that Alaska is offering F pax the option to pre-select the fruit and cheese plate, free of charge!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
To give credit where it's due, I like that Alaska is offering F pax the option to pre-select the fruit and cheese plate, free of charge!
I was going to note that, hopefully it isn't just a test though and will be rolled out.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:56 am

Very excited for this, especially getting to try on my next TPA-SEA at the end of the month.

Also amusing @ the example showing the user selecting the granola breakfast, given the rants about it on the FC Food thread.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:26 am

Please please please let this roll out on Hawaii flights!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Nice.

Looking forward to future expansion for BOS or JFK/EWR flights....

Jiburi
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:42 pm
vgc

Originally Posted by jiburi
Nice.

Looking forward to future expansion for BOS or JFK/EWR flights....

Jiburi
Not looking forward to more flights in the new JFK terminal...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yay!

But none of the options in the test screen appeal to me. I want the Kauai Pasta Co. food on my transcons
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jiburi
...Looking forward to future expansion for BOS ...
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
... I like that Alaska is offering F pax the option to pre-select the fruit and cheese plate, free of charge!
AS marketing are you paying attention? please get this on BOS->SEA by 27 November

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.