Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Preordering First Class Meals

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Anyone flying in F tomorrow (June 1st)? Supposedly you'll be able to pre-order your meal 12 hours in-advance. Let us know how that goes...
pre-ordering testing for First Class meals begins for flights starting on 6/21 from SEA to DCA/IAD/BWI
Old May 31, 2017, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
pre-ordering testing for First Class meals begins for flights starting on 6/21 from SEA to DCA/IAD/BWI

This deserves it's own thread IMO ^
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks for letting us know....Alaska just said this starts in "June" so it's nice to have a specific date although I didn't realize this was going to be one of those dreaded "tests" which usually doesn't end with full implementation....case in point would be the "small plates" service, pre departure beverages, and blankets. To be honest, since most of Alaska's first class meal flights only offer one option, this new test will probably go unnoticed. Someday I would like to see them adopt the AA policy of being able to choose your meal up to 30 days in-advance on all first class meal flights. 12 hours just seems like a very narrow window of time especially since you can already check-in at T-24.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa

This deserves it's own thread IMO ^
Announcing that you can start pre-ordering first class meals in June and then only applying it to a few flights from Seattle kinda takes the wind out of the sails in my opinion.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Announcing that you can start pre-ordering first class meals in June and then only applying it to a few flights from Seattle kinda takes the wind out of the sails in my opinion.
Why are you surprised? Overpromise and underdeliver is the new motto
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Hey hey hey, being able to select what meal you want is FAR FAR FAR more complex then being able to assign a name to a seat in advance. I mean we should be lucky they can physically load little food trays onto the airplane; this is damn near rocket science that's going on!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
They promised the ability to pre-order in coach via the desktop site eons ago and it's still not available.

https://www.alaskaair.com/order-food...::ResponseLink

I assume that pre-ordering in F will mean we can select from the one or two F options that are scheduled to be available on that particular flight. Would be nice if we could instead select one of the coach options for our entrée if the F options don't work for us.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

true, but at least it works in the App. extending it to work in F for the app couldn't possibly be that difficult, even if for whatever reason they can't be bothered to get either F or Y working on the desktop website.
After finding out from AS Flyer that the F ordering is only being "tested" on a very limited number of DC-area routes from SEA, my guess is that systemwide F ordering is a LONG way from happening.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did this actually happen last month? There has been no official word from AS about this and I haven't heard of any trip reports on FT where this feature was offered.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Did this actually happen last month? There has been no official word from AS about this and I haven't heard of any trip reports on FT where this feature was offered.
To my knowledge, no. I was on an IAD flight and no preorders there that I could see.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Im flying MCO-SEA Sunday and no email about preorder.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Did this actually happen last month?
To my knowledge, no.
shcking
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
It would be nice to have a choice between the normal F entree on shorter flights and a Fruit and Cheese plate. I would have enjoyed it on my recent SEA-PHX flight (wasn't hungry enough for the big hunk of chicken).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
It would be helpful if an email or such would be sent out about this. I usually just tell them to give me whatever is left over, I don't care too much for most of the entrees, so I pick at the sides and eat the salads.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lalala
It would be helpful if an email or such would be sent out about this. I usually just tell them to give me whatever is left over, I don't care too much for most of the entrees, so I pick at the sides and eat the salads.
I'll trade you my salad

Hope AS gets this online... but then again it sounds like AS' IT has been busy with devAAluation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.