Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure youre using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
SEA-OGG last week in First; three options, Fruit/Cheese, Omelet, Oatmeal. Allowed to order one week in advance through mobile app.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
SEA-OGG last week in First; three options, Fruit/Cheese, Omelet, Oatmeal. Allowed to order one week in advance through mobile app.
Reserve option is supposed to appear on the app 2 weeks in advance.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ha! the AS IT gods smiled on me

Originally Posted by jrl767
as mentioned in the “What Will AS Be Serving in F” thread (Posts 767 and 840), AS849 (IAD-SEA) is a 739 ... pre-order was absent my last trip (13 Sep) and is absent for my trip next week ... haven’t heard back from AS
just checked “Trips” on the app ... pre-order is live for Fri 5 Oct flight
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I didn’t realize availability had expanded to flights other than transcons and Hawaii (shoulda read this thread!), so I was pleasantly surprised to see it for SEA-ORD and vice versa week after next.

Butternut squash ravioli or salmon with white beans for lunchtime outbound
Asiago gnocchi or rosemary chicken for dinner return

Both GGU’d upgrades.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by diver858
For SAN-KOA next week, there is no option to reserve a meal on my upgraded return flight - only the outbound, in economy. I have been checking daily for the past 4 days, now 8 days prior to flight. Decided to call the MVP Gold line today, was told it is due to a pending menu change, I should check again tomorrow.
Upgraded to first on Saturday for Tuesday flight, checking pre-order every morning, still not available for either leg
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Options for upcoming PHL-SEA dinner flight are the same braised beef, gnocchi and F&C Plate that have appeared elsewhere (see F meals thread.)

One oddity: The android app listed the asiago gnocchi twice, then the beef twice, followed by the F&C Plate once. So there were slots for 5 selections with 2 offered twice. Haven't seen that before.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by diver858
Reserve option is supposed to appear on the app 2 weeks in advance.
Could have been, I did not check my reservation until a week prior to departure.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:42 am

AS824 OGG-LAX 2:05 p.m. October 4, 2018 pre-order not available.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
AS 853 SEA-HNL 6 pm October 5 pre-order not available
Delicious HNL-SEA return of roast chicken is available for pre-order, but so much aloha.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
why does the pre-order meal option not appear on my forthcoming Alaska first class flight between EWR and LAX? There is something always so incredibly nice about the people of AS, but something incredibly [redacted] about their premium product offering.

I have so little faith that AS can get their head out of their [redacted] long enough to provide blankets and pillows on a transcon first experience that I am bringing my own. I wish leadership at AS could get their act together.

I really want to be a fan of AS but they seem to lack the same desire. I know there are a lot of fans of AS here. And I know that the airline has a lot of redeeming qualities especially with the genuine desire for employees to make flying more enjoyable, but there is no doubt that it is the least desirable premium product on the transcon routes I fly weekly.

AA and DL are both sold out in J and F nonstop this week when I need to fly, so I thought I would try AS again. My hopes are not high based on getting plastered with numerous promotional marketing emails about pre-ordering meals that does not deliver or work. Why announce and promote something before it is fully rolled out? It just makes me continue to lose faith that AS can show up to the market with a remotely competitive product.

[redacted as off-topic and not contributing to thread]

Ugh.

Last edited by jackal; Oct 11, 2018 at 8:22 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
AS743 SFO-HNL 7:10 PM October 3, 2018
Was able to pre-order any of the cold options right up until T-48 when I got upgraded to F. At that point, the meals menu became greyed out on the app. Barely got the last risotto by the time the FA got to me in row 2. As a vegetarian, I would really like this system to work so that I can be sure to get what I want. I rarely get upgraded, so it's not that big a deal, though.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Does anyone from AS read this thread? Do they care to actually get this feature working???
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by cyber1k
My hopes are not high based on getting plastered with numerous promotional marketing emails about pre-ordering meals that does not deliver or work. Why announce and promote something before it is fully rolled out?
Funny you should mention those. I had to explain to my disbelieving wife that pre-order wasn't an option for the flights on our last trip, and so had no real idea of what would be served. She was certain, based on a casual reading of those emails, that it was now available.

Last edited by rustykettel; Oct 14, 2018 at 1:16 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I successfully pre-ordered the gruyere omelet on OAK-HNL last week. The egg dish the guy next to me ordered on board looked better.

Originally Posted by cyber1k
why does the pre-order meal option not appear on my forthcoming Alaska first class flight between EWR and LAX?
Are you on a Boeing or an Airbus? Per the wiki, pre-order is not available on Airbus.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Kacee
I successfully pre-ordered the gruyere omelet on OAK-HNL last week. The egg dish the guy next to me ordered on board looked better.
That was probably the spiced oatmeal, eggs and sausage breakfast that I enjoyed , The onion leek gruyere omelet was on the same menu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.