Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Oh, they would say that carrying an extra meal would add to the weight of the plane and result in $1 million dollars a year in extra fuel. So, if the F/A drops the meal, be prepared to starve or scoop it up off the floor.
On my flights (I don't fly transcons), it's rare that all F pax opt for the meal.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Member

Flying HNL-SEA in F on 16MAR. The pre-order option doesn’t show in the app within my res... any ideas?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Fisch
Flying HNL-SEA in F on 16MAR. The pre-order option doesn’t show in the app within my res... any ideas?
Redeye or daytime? Assuming it's daytime I've got no clue.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 11, 2018 at 10:38 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Member

Daytime: 10:55 departure
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fisch
Daytime: 10:55 departure
There is a post on 10/10 that says it's not available on Hawaii flts yet. It's a slooooow rollout.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by philemer
There is a post on 10/10 that says it's not available on Hawaii flts yet. It's a slooooow rollout.
A post where? It's not on this board.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
A post where? It's not on this board.
Really? Did you miss post no. 26 on 10/10 on this thread?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Lightbulb

Really? Did you miss post no. 26 on 10/10 on this thread?
Post #26 is from 5 months ago and says nothing except "Please please please let this roll out on Hawaii flights!". What does that have to do with what they are (and should be doing) NOW ?? Other, more current posts, show pre-ordering F meals on SMF-OGG-SMF seem" to be in effect now, but then there are contradictions. Why can't Alaska "JUST DO IT", like AA did??? They've had plenty of time to work out the details. What's SO complicated? If 4 people order a main course, just tell the caterer a day or two in advance to make 4. If 9 people want a fruit plate, then order 9 of it. And, then, train every single one of your F/A's how to read the passenger list and identify who ordered what. Shouldn't take but 10 minutes of training- so simple, but seemingly SO complicated for AS.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Worked for me 11MAR, SJC-EWR AS786, departing 09:00. Greeted nicely- "Good morning, Tom, and thank you for being an MVP Gold 75K. I see that you ordered the cheese omelet, and it I have it for you (points to the galley)." Very friendly and professional crew.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
SEA to DTW FA said we all had the ability to preorder but none had. I told her the option didn't show up for me. Some confusion about where and when to do it but I was following the screens from this forum. She thought you had to do it at check-in. I think SEA-DTW is just not in the system yet. SEA-MSY coming up so maybe on that one.
Flying SEA-MSY soon and option to pre-order still not available. Yes, it's 2K+ miles.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:48 am

Flying SEA-MSY soon and option to pre-order still not available. Yes, it's 2K+ miles.
It's been reported that SEA-MSY might have been downgraded to a midcon service.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I don't know when it started but was pleased to see that the option to order for my PHL-SEA dinner flight included available descriptions of the entire meal, not just the entrée. Nice to know ahead of time if Brussel sprouts are going to be staring at me from my plate.

Edited to add: To be clear, the description includes everything that's on the plate with the entrée. It doesn't include descriptions of the salad or dessert.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Mar 27, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I don't know when it started but was pleased to see that the option to order for my PHL-SEA dinner flight included available descriptions of the entire meal, not just the entrée. Nice to know ahead of time if Brussel sprouts are going to be staring at me from my plate.

Edited to add: To be clear, the description includes everything that's on the plate with the entrée. It doesn't include descriptions of the salad or dessert.

I'm glad to say I've never had to smell brussel sprouts on a plane. I'm going to have nightmares now about how bad that plane would stink.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
It's been reported that SEA-MSY might have been downgraded to a midcon service.
I'm going to MSY in a few weeks - what is a typical midcon meal these days? Do I need to bring additional food on the plane?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm going to MSY in a few weeks - what is a typical midcon meal these days? Do I need to bring additional food on the plane?
I have not been on a midcon since the new meal menus were implemented. In the past, assuming one was OK with the entrée, the offerings were sufficient for lunch and even more so for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.