Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by CDKing
According to the FA on my BOS-SAN flight today preorder was successful in SEA and is to go system wide in a couple weeks
That is fantastic news! I've been anxiously waiting for this to go live on more routes.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
When I try to pre-order for TPA-SEA it says that the menu isn't available even though I'm well within the pre-order period. Maybe the menu will load in time -- we'll see.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reason: Remove circular link after merge.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: MVPG
The FA on my last flight said the preorder fruit and cheese platter is not the same as the one sold in Coach. Has anyone tried it yet?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
I have a flight from IAH to SEA next week and I will try it out!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by gahyland
The FA on my last flight said the preorder fruit and cheese platter is not the same as the one sold in Coach. Has anyone tried it yet?
IIRC its very similar, but slightly different.

It does come plated
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:18 pm

I had my second trip with preordering recently(both were Seattle to DC flights) and again the flight attendants did not have any idea that I had pre ordered. One said that she didn't know how to look that up. I noticed someone across the aisle asking for a fruit and cheese platter and being told that they don't have them up front but she could get one from the back.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by wwongo
I had my second trip with preordering recently(both were Seattle to DC flights) and again the flight attendants did not have any idea that I had pre ordered. One said that she didn't know how to look that up. I noticed someone across the aisle asking for a fruit and cheese platter and being told that they don't have them up front but she could get one from the back.
Complain loud and clear to AS that this is not acceptable. All of the F/A's should have been trained by now. If that F/A didn't know how to find it, then he/she should have asked another F/A.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC its very similar, but slightly different.

It does come plated
And with a chocolate.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by gahyland
There are two differences that I've noticed. First is the obvious one where it is on a plate instead of in the tray. The second one is that it looks like 1 1/2 of the coach trays, if not 2 of them. It's a *lot* of fruit that comes on the plate in first.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by quemalo
There are two differences that I've noticed. First is the obvious one where it is on a plate instead of in the tray. The second one is that it looks like 1 1/2 of the coach trays, if not 2 of them. It's a *lot* of fruit that comes on the plate in first.
I don't think so...we always SPLIT the cheese plate in Y, and we each get 2 slices of apple. And while that looks like a lot of grapes, sometimes you get a small bunch of red and a small bunch of green. I think it looks exactly the same (although that brand of crackers does not look familiar). And the Y one includes the chocolate, too.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like pre-order option is available for Big Island to Mainland flights. There are 3 hot entrées and the Fruit & Cheese Plate showing up for my upcoming flight.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
Looks like pre-order option is available for Big Island to Mainland flights. There are 3 hot entrées and the Fruit & Cheese Plate showing up for my upcoming flight.
Nice. Do you mind sharing what they are? They weren't there for PDX-KOA earlier this week.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beckoa
Nice. Do you mind sharing what they are? They weren't there for PDX-KOA earlier this week.
The options showing up in the app are: Braised Beef Short Rib, Dijon Roasted Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast and Fruit & Cheese Plate.

(I originally truncated the information, because I didn't want to re-type - no cut and paste out of the app). The description in the app for the Beef - Braised beef short rib with Chianti rosemary demi and crispy sweet onions roasted garlic mashed potatoes, buttered asparagus. Dijon Chicken - Dijon mustard roasted chicken breast with roasted garlic red wine demi, sautéed haricot vert, rich brie risotto. Stuffed Chicken Breast - Stuffed chicken breast with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and basil with tomato caper sauce, angel hair pasta, sautéed zucchini and sweet onions.

Last edited by DaWhirledTraveller; Feb 1, 2018 at 10:44 am Reason: Added the descriptions.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
The options showing up in the app are: Braised Beef Short Rib, Dijon Roasted Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast and Fruit & Cheese Plate.
So is this similar to what the app always shows? They don't say what kind of sauce, what vegetables, etc? Or was it truncated here for less typing purposes? (strange that there are 2 chicken dishes).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So is this similar to what the app always shows? They don't say what kind of sauce, what vegetables, etc? Or was it truncated here for less typing purposes? (strange that there are 2 chicken dishes).
That is strange with two chicken options. I wish they had a pasta option. Looks good though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.