Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Pre-ordering is available on the route between PDX and ORD. I was able to preorder on the Westbound evening flight (cod or ravioli) AS 687, but didn’t get my upgrade on the Eastbound flight AS 686 until check-in so preorder seems to be closed, but still displays the options (omelet or sweet potato hash)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by beckoa
Gotta pay first.

And only available 14 days out in the app...

Or check FT
Ok I am officially losing my AS virginity lol I already downloaded the application, I'm about 5 weeks out from travel date. When it is down to 14 days where will I see it on there?

Thanks!

Last edited by bmw745ion19s; Jan 24, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Ok I am officially losing my AK virginity lol I already downloaded the application, I'm about 5 weeks out from travel date. When it is down to 14 days where will I see it on there?

Thanks!
AS

Click on your reservation in the app, swipe to the flight (if multiple flights), and scroll down. It will appear below Flight Details as "Food reservation Reserve Now" in the iOS version of the app.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by rustykettel

AS

Click on your reservation in the app, swipe to the flight (if multiple flights), and scroll down. It will appear below Flight Details as "Food reservation Reserve Now" in the iOS version of the app.
I feel like a fool for mixing the airline code and state abbreviation lol Thanks for the "reminder" )
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
for all flights...

AS says:
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That includes coast-to-coast and Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

Your guess on this actually happening by year end?
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by philemer
AS says:
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That includes coast-to-coast and Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

Your guess on this actually happening by year end?
It's funny you mention this, I was just thinking about the same thing a few minutes ago. I've got quite a few D and B coded flights from SFO-SEA in the next few months and would love for this feature to be available.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
It's funny you mention this, I was just thinking about the same thing a few minutes ago. I've got quite a few D and B coded flights from SFO-SEA in the next few months and would love for this feature to be available.
SFO /SEA flights are about 2:15 flight time. I am not sure pre order will be available for such a short flight. We fly SEA/LAX quite a bit and would love to have pre order. Alas, I don’t think it will ever be available as AS site states 3.5 hour flights and above will have this feature.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pcoll

SFO /SEA flights are about 2:15 flight time. I am not sure pre order will be available for such a short flight. We fly SEA/LAX quite a bit and would love to have pre order. Alas, I don’t think it will ever be available as AS site states 3.5 hour flights and above will have this feature.
Right, but their wording says otherwise. Maybe in 2023...who knows.

"we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019"
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Pre-ordering on all flights is scheduled to happen right after the Airbus retrofit and mileage redemptions on Singapore.
jjmadison, NoLaGent and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Pre-ordering on all flights is scheduled to happen right after the Airbus retrofit and mileage redemptions on Singapore.
Probably right after all the former VX members get their lifetime miles credited, too.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
"First Class Pre-Select is available on MOST Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That includes coast-to-coast and Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019." emphasis mine
Yeah, my guess at what they were saying will be available by end of 2019 is ordering on the remaining flights over 3.5 hrs on Boeing, Airbus and maybe even Embraers.

Not likely on flights under 3.5 hrs.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I take it E175s are still a no go for pre-order? 12 days out and nothing showing up.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
BTW, the app now says "preorder not available" on some of my upcoming flights... Can't tell if that means "not yet available" or "will never be available"...
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Pre order worked on my trip to HNL this week, and both times the FA had my choice (although I offered to change my choice the way back tonight as they had high demand for one item and I didn't care that much).

American has had preorder for a while, but it is not offered on American Eagle flights that have meals, so we may see similar limitations on Alaska.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
BTW, the app now says "preorder not available" on some of my upcoming flights... Can't tell if that means "not yet available" or "will never be available"...
My Transcon SAN-MCO was doing this, but a day or two later it started working normally. I think if you try and reserve right on day 14 it's wonky.

AS IT strikes again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.