Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Kacee
On outbound (OAK-HNL) pre-select not offered.
That's odd. I have a flight coming up in a few days and was offered three options: an omelette, spiced oatmeal, or a fruit and cheese plate.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
So for my upcoming flight HNL-SJC in upgraded F, the only pre-select meal option listed is the "cheese plate." For a 2:10 p.m. departure. I'm assuming this is a mistake.

On outbound (OAK-HNL) pre-select not offered.
I’m seeing the same for KOA-SEA flight for 11am departure. Hopefully it’s just system error.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:51 pm

My 2pm HNL-OAK in a few days also shows just the fruit and cheese plate.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Just a WAG, but could the lack of preorder options on ex-Hawaii flights be due to local catering?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Just a WAG, but could the lack of preorder options on ex-Hawaii flights be due to local catering?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

They probably list the Fruit and Cheese plate because they bring enough for both directions. The hot food is MIA because local catering can't commit to a set menu schedule. So the system ends up showing just the item that's guaranteed to be available.

So I think there's really 3 states for current pre-order feature:

1. Unavailable
2. Full pre-order available (hot and cold food)
3. Partial pre-order available (cold food only)

This is poor execution. They should just get rid of [3] to reduce confusion and default to [1].

I can kind of see management being misguided into thinking [3] can produce net good if they ignore the confusion and customer satisfaction part - and focus purely on inventory control. (e.g. understand how many fruit & cheese plate to bring for return flight, optimize order from local catering for hot food, etc). In theory it would reduce prediction miss which translates to money saved.

But for their sake, I hope they don't try to optimize / reduce hot food order based on this flawed ordering system [3]. It would result in lots of angry customers.

TLDR: Don't pre-order when the route only supports [3] since it could reduce everyone's options on-board.

Last edited by Sung Sam; Sep 16, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Another datapoint: no menu/reserve option showing for my SEA-LIH flight next week. Normal economy ticket upgraded at the window.

For the return LIH-SEA (in Y), the menu button is showing, but it gives the "not available" error when I try to click it.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
nothing offered to prebook on:

LAXFLL
MCOSEA (x2)
SEAMCO
SEAJNU (x2)

all are travel in the next 3 weeks
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:27 pm

Meal choices just appeared for my return to the Bay Area later this week (fruit and cheese plate, penne pasta, roast chicken).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:07 pm

First Class Meals Preorder via App

Anyone else have issues with this? Flying next week and its not in my reservation via the app. Called Alaska and they said its an ongoing IT issue. However, for a flight from SFO to JFK you would think this issue would be fix.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Anyone else have issues with this? Flying next week and its not in my reservation via the app. Called Alaska and they said its an ongoing IT issue. However, for a flight from SFO to JFK you would think this issue would be fix.
Are you on an airbus? I believe I read somewhere here that food reservations weren't working for pmVX aircraft.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as mentioned in the “What Will AS Be Serving in F” thread (Posts 767 and 840), AS849 (IAD-SEA) is a 739 ... pre-order was absent my last trip (13 Sep) and is absent for my trip next week ... haven’t heard back from AS
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Haven't had it work for the past few months. Airbus aircraft aren't supported (yet), but it seems to be pretty hit or miss on 737s as well.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:27 pm

Wish I was on an Airbus. On a Boeing but the service needs to be there on a prem transcon route like sfo to jfk otherwise far inferior product compare to Airlines like Delta and AA and JetBlue. Even UA to Newark is better. Alaska isn’t offering anything here
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Options for upcoming SEA-PHL breakfast are fruit and cheese plate, oatmeal or omelet (latter 2 described well in F meals thread.)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
For SAN-KOA next week, there is no option to reserve a meal on my upgraded return flight - only the outbound, in economy. I have been checking daily for the past 4 days, now 8 days prior to flight. Decided to call the MVP Gold line today, was told it is due to a pending menu change, I should check again tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.