Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink
Choose your meal before your flight.
First Class Pre-Select is available on most Boeing and Airbus flights over 3.5 hours. That's 100 flights daily, including all coast-to-coast and West Coast to/from Hawaii flights; we're planning to offer it on all flights in 2019. First Class guests can choose between two main dishes, or have an Alaska's Signature Fruit and Cheese platter, served on a plate.

To get started, make sure youre using the latest version of the Alaska Airlines mobile app.

Here's how First Class Pre-Select works

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.

Within the app, head to the Trips section and then select your upcoming flight.
Once you're looking at the full details for your upcoming flight, scroll down and click the "Food menu" option.
Next, you'll see a menu of the complimentary meals available on your flight.
Choose the meal you'd like, then click the arrow to confirm your choice.
Presto! Your meal is pre-selected. The flight attendant will deliver it during your flight's meal service.
Note: if you change flights, your meal choice will not transfer to the new flight. You'll need to make a new choice within that new reservation.

Please list routes/flight numbers plus date/time with success:

ASXXX SEA-XXX XX:XX AM March X, 2018

Transcon flights without pre-order and date/time:

AS754 SEA-RDU 8:15 AM March 2, 2018
AS767 BWI-SEA 6:59 PM March 1, 2018
Print Wikipost

Preordering First Class Meals

Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by zrs70
Our pre-orders available between Alaska and the mainland?
You did mean "lower 48" or "outside," didn't you?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by zrs70
Are pre-orders available between Alaska and the mainland?
Had it LAX-ANC
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Was excited a few moments ago to see the Food menu link appear in the app for the first time on an F flight. I thought I could finally try F pre-select...

But when I tap on it, I get a "We're sorry, the menu is not available for this flight" dialog box.

Do they test this stuff?

Do they care that it doesn't work???
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Was excited a few moments ago to see the Food menu link appear in the app for the first time on an F flight. I thought I could finally try F pre-select...

But when I tap on it, I get a "We're sorry, the menu is not available for this flight" dialog box.

Do they test this stuff?

What's the flight and how long until your departure?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Went back into that res today. The app took about 30 seconds refreshing itself and then the "Reserve Now" text appeared next to the Food Menu link

Then when I clicked on Food Menu I was indeed able to pre-select my Korean chicken entree.

Will report back on my onboard experience...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:29 pm

Went back into that res today. The app took about 30 seconds refreshing itself and then the "Reserve Now" text appeared next to the Food Menu link

Then when I clicked on Food Menu I was indeed able to pre-select my Korean chicken entree.

Will report back on my onboard experience...
Tasty choice ^
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
(Mods, please move if there's a better thread for this)

I'm booked DCA-PDX-ANC on July 16, and ANC-PDX-DCA on July 19, with confirmed upgrade to F on all legs.

Why, on the DCA-PDX/PDX-DCA segments, both of which are daytime flights, do both the app and the website show me an error message saying the menus aren't available for these flights, which are now within two weeks of departing? Can anything be done about it?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver

Originally Posted by discoverCSG

I'm booked DCA-PDX-ANC on July 16, and ANC-PDX-DCA on July 19, with confirmed upgrade to F on all legs.

Why, on the DCA-PDX/PDX-DCA segments, both of which are daytime flights, do both the app and the website show me an error message saying the menus aren't available for these flights, which are now within two weeks of departing? Can anything be done about it?
Not sure why it's not showing you the menu, but I just flew DCA to PDX on Tuesday, so guessing you'll have the same choices:

[img]webkit-fake-url://77275223-e3f5-4482-bf5b-b878f9763227/imagejpeg[/img]
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver

Hmm...let's try this again. My phone doesn't seem to want to upload pictures today
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

Do they test this stuff?

Been getting the same "We're sorry, the menu is not available for this flight" dialog box for the past two days after clicking the Reserve Now icon in the app. This is a flight that definitely offers preordering. A twitter message has gone unanswered so I tried Facebook message today. The rep asked if I was able to click on the Reserve Now icon. I said I was and got that message and sent a screenshot. The response? “Interesting. Maybe just try again later. There's nothing I can do on my end to help you reserve it -Jxxxx”.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by discoverCSG

Online pre-ordering is only available from one week before departure, up until 12 hours prior to departure, so I don't believe menu options show up until the week prior

Originally Posted by Finkface
Been getting the same "We're sorry, the menu is not available for this flight" dialog box for the past two days after clicking the Reserve Now icon in the app. This is a flight that definitely offers preordering. A twitter message has gone unanswered so I tried Facebook message today. The rep asked if I was able to click on the Reserve Now icon. I said I was and got that message and sent a screenshot. The response? Interesting. Maybe just try again later. There's nothing I can do on my end to help you reserve it -Jxxxx.
I'm not sure when your flight is, but see above
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by AS737
Online pre-ordering is only available from one week before departure, up until 12 hours prior to departure, so I don't believe menu options show up until the week prior...
Is the range of one week up until 12 hours before departure new? During the spring I was able to pre-order beginning up to 2 weeks in advance. I haven't ordered recently. The website specifies a range of 24 hours to 2 weeks in advance:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by AS737
Online pre-ordering is only available from one week before departure, up until 12 hours prior to departure, so I don't believe menu options show up until the week prior

I'm not sure when your flight is, but see above
Uh, no.

From Alaska’s own website, one can pre-order anytime from 24 hours to 2 weeks prior. Plus, I have personally done it many times right at the 2 week prior mark.

First Class meal options can be reserved from 24 hours to two weeks prior to your flight.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:44 pm

My bad. I could have sworn it was one week

Last edited by AS737; Aug 14, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Uh, no.

From Alaskas own website, one can pre-order anytime from 24 hours to 2 weeks prior. Plus, I have personally done it many times right at the 2 week prior mark.

Yup- just reserved for SEA-STL at T-2 weeks. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.