Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Want to credit JL flights to Mileage Plan. Does ticket stock matter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

I am buying some tickets for upcoming flights, all on JL metal. Does it matter whether I book them directly with JL or book them through AA on 001 stock?
Old May 17, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by fpc552
I am buying some tickets for upcoming flights, all on JL metal. Does it matter whether I book them directly with JL or book them through AA on 001 stock?
No, although technically if it's an AA codeshare of a JL flight, it doesn't earn miles, but as with other partner codeshares, as long as both the operating and codeshare carriers are AS partners, you'll receive credit based on the operating carrier's AS chart. I've credited JL flights and AA codeshares of JL flights, all on 001 tickets, to Mileage Plan.

Purchase whichever is cheaper or works for you! Do note that certain lower fare classes on JL flights will not be able to select seats until checkin and there have been issues checking in for AA codeshares on JL. For more on those, check the AA or JAL forums.

Keep your boarding passes in case you need to send them in! Partner codeshares are more likely to not post automatically.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Keep your boarding passes in case you need to send them in! Partner codeshares are more likely to not post automatically.
For what it's worth, having taken three partner-operated/partner-coded flights, not a single one has posted automatically. I get the impression that automatic posting in that situation is basically a fluke.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers. I'll make sure to hold onto the BPs and manually submit for mileage credit if it doesn't post automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.