Search

EK Awards Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by CDKing
hopefully for you but the message is still up on the AS site. Though looks like you will want to save those miles for future flights SQ - Though i bet EK awards will look cheap once that partnership is up and running.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...announced.html
I've wondered what the SQ rates will end up being. They've been able to negotiate rather fair redemption rates on JL and CX, so I'm hoping for the same on SQ.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I booked an EK business class award yesterday for two people. SFO-DXB January 3rd, 24 day layover, DXB-JNB January 30th. Both A380. Processed without error in about 30 seconds returning EK record locator. Logged into EK website and selected my seats and all confirmed within 5 minutes.

As a side note, I found two Etihad F apartments available on AUH-SYD on their website. I called AA to book them, gave him the date and told him I saw availability. His reply was "yes, there they are." Booked and call completed in inder 6 minutes. OMG! lol 😁
SanDiego1K and markprice22 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I've wondered what the SQ rates will end up being. They've been able to negotiate rather fair redemption rates on JL and CX, so I'm hoping for the same on SQ.
When I posted, I forgot that SQ rarely makes premium cabin available.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As a side note, I found two Etihad F apartments available on AUH-SYD on their website. I called AA to book them, gave him the date and told him I saw availability. His reply was "yes, there they are." Booked and call completed in inder 6 minutes. OMG! lol 😁
I know OT but from what I read EY foreign to foreign weren't an issue only to/from USA. Good news i guess since i hear the foreign call center has been hit by same inavailability. I need to hurry up and get one. I had to cancel my pre-deval AUH-MEL
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
When I posted, I forgot that SQ rarely makes premium cabin available.

I know OT but from what I read EY foreign to foreign weren't an issue only to/from USA. Good news i guess since i hear the foreign call center has been hit by same inavailability. I need to hurry up and get one. I had to cancel my pre-deval AUH-MEL
you said "pre-deval" just want to make sure there are no future devaluations and you're just referring to the already devalued AA chart?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you said "pre-deval" just want to make sure there are no future devaluations and you're just referring to the already devalued AA chart?
No that was the last one, though who knows what the future holds in the AA/EY partnership when the codeshare agreement goes away in 2018. The partnership could end as well for all we know.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What is the current devalue going on that you are referring to, if you don't mind sharing?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the current devalue going on that you are referring to, if you don't mind sharing?
The last deval is March 22, 2016. I had a 60K EY F award AUH-MEL it went to 100K and now I have miles for that.

I was also referring to AA dropping the QR/EY codeshares. QR is a OW members but since EY is not, that could lead to an end of the partnership

http://www.businessinsider.com/ameri...airways-2017-7

Nothing with AS/EK that i know of.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:58 pm

Anyone know if EK releases seats to partners closer to departure time? The flight im looking at is available on skywards but not AS
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I don't even see Emirates on the page anymore when I go to search on the website.
Still not seeing any EK, on anything. Any ETA on a fix/resolution?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Still not seeing any EK, on anything. Any ETA on a fix/resolution?
You must not be looking very hard. This was literally the first result I hit on a random date, SEA-DXB.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You must not be looking very hard. This was literally the first result I hit on a random date, SEA-DXB.
Sorry, I meant for next August (can't find anything DXB/BKK/BOM-US). It has already been established that there are flights earlier in the year. I guess my question should be, has AK restricted the time that EK flights are available to book? Perhaps, as a fix to the glitching?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Sorry, I meant for next August (can't find anything DXB/BKK/BOM-US). It has already been established that there are flights earlier in the year. I guess my question should be, has AK restricted the time that EK flights are available to book? Perhaps, as a fix to the glitching?
Looks like EK award availability TO the USA falls off a cliff 7/11/18. There's ex-USA availability after that but not ex-DXB. This is fairly easy to figure out if you use the calendar (the 82.5k and 42.5k mileage amounts in the first screenshot are EK J and EK Y, searches are SEA-DXB in the first, DXB-SEA in the second).

I kind of doubt it's a fix: "Sorry, you can only use Emirates to leave the USA, not come back. Thanks for being a loyal Alaska customer!" I suspect it's just more of the same flaky award data.
Attached Images   
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: UA, AS
Looks like EK award availability TO the USA falls off a cliff 7/11/18. There's ex-USA availability after that but not ex-DXB. This is fairly easy to figure out if you use the calendar (the 82.5k and 42.5k mileage amounts in the first screenshot are EK J and EK Y, searches are SEA-DXB in the first, DXB-SEA in the second).

I kind of doubt it's a fix: "Sorry, you can only use Emirates to leave the USA, not come back. Thanks for being a loyal Alaska customer!" I suspect it's just more of the same flaky award data.
Have you double checked availability through other sources? Qantas, EF? This may not be an Alaska issue.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Have you double checked availability through other sources? Qantas, EF? This may not be an Alaska issue.
No, because I'm not booking an EK award, merely answering someone's questions on FT that took about 10 minutes to research using the AS website and award calendar, and I'm lazy. I'm sure that if OP was using my booking service as a paying customer I'd be more diligent and willing to invest time and effort in this research for someone else.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

No, because I'm not booking an EK award, merely answering someone's questions on FT that took about 10 minutes to research using the AS website and award calendar, and I'm lazy. I'm sure that if OP was using my booking service as a paying customer I'd be more diligent and willing to invest time and effort in this research for someone else.
Yes you can find award availability, that is not the issue and has not been the problem. The issue has been going through the whole process, finding space, and getting to the final page to give payment info and then getting an error message and tickets not confirming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.