Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Updated First Class Cabin and Seats (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated First Class Cabin and Seats (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
So... several months ago a new a/c type emerged on EF. 73J. That seems to be the code for the 739 reconfig...I think. Unless it's the AK series w/o ETOPS...

Have quite a few more 739 flights in the next week so will keep an eye on it.

On my first reconfiged 739ER and I do appreciate the extra legroom ^
73J is the 737-900ER. That code existed prior to the reconfiguration.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by beckoa
So... several months ago a new a/c type emerged on EF. 73J. That seems to be the code for the 739 reconfig...I think. Unless it's the AK series w/o ETOPS...
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
73J is the 737-900ER. That code existed prior to the reconfiguration.
AS doesn't distinguish between 737-900 & -900ER in GDS displays. 73J is indeed the code AS is using to identify a PC configured 739.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SOCguy
AS doesn't distinguish between 737-900 & -900ER in GDS displays. 73J is indeed the code AS is using to identify a PC configured 739.
Excellent.

Sad it was only my short segment with this product, but glad to sample it anyway.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: AS
I have tried to book flights with new configuration. Last two flights, equipment swap to 400 and 700. Best laid plans and all that.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Ok, Alaska - could you keep these super cute/cool Virgin America amenity kits for longer-haul flights - but maybe add lotion or lip balm?

Old May 11, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Ok, Alaska - could you keep these super cute/cool Virgin America amenity kits for longer-haul flights - but maybe add lotion or lip balm?
I'd settle for plain blankets. If DL can provide them on SEA-EUG, surely daytime midcons or transcons could be outfitted with them. I usually have the basics from an amenity kit with me already. I don't have something that will cover me from neck to toes.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
I'm pretty sure I saw the 73J code being used on flightstats.com at least two years ago...well before Premium Class arrived on the scene. I seem to recall it was applied to to distinguish a 737-900 with winglets from one without. But you are correct, it looks like the 73J designation is now being applied to reflect the PC configured 739s, because I see plenty of planes that are 900ERs that have the "739" designation.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; May 11, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by rustykettel
I'd settle for plain blankets. If DL can provide them on SEA-EUG, surely daytime midcons or transcons could be outfitted with them. I usually have the basics from an amenity kit with me already. I don't have something that will cover me from neck to toes.
I still remember when the blankets were "temporarily" removed because of Bird Flu
Old May 11, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QXflyer
I still remember when the blankets were "temporarily" removed because of Bird Flu
I don't think I've ever seen a blanket on any AS flight regardless of length. That was like the small plates food experiment in F....I feel like we get "teased" with blankets or improved F food and then one day, *poof*, it's gone and they say, "test is over".
Old May 11, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I don't think I've ever seen a blanket on any AS flight regardless of length. That was like the small plates food experiment in F....I feel like we get "teased" with blankets or improved F food and then one day, *poof*, it's gone and they say, "test is over".
In the early 2000s they used to be in the overheads on most (every?) flight, along with pillows. Alaska's were navy blue and Horizon's were burgundy.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
So, I'm out of touch on Alaska flying since I live in Florida now (but maintained 75K status, woohoo). But I swore on my last ANC-PDX flight I had a blanket in first because I stole it and took it with me.

Just like I may have also been told it was "OK" to take the Virgin America duvet last night after my MCO-LAX flight :-D

but omg Alaskanz... the VX pillows.. amazebahls too. We really need to make the Alaska people fly in F on VX on a LONG flight, then make them fly home in a ...... 737-900 in rows 2-4 to compare the two products :P
Old May 11, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by QXflyer
In the early 2000s they used to be in the overheads on most (every?) flight, along with pillows. Alaska's were navy blue and Horizon's were burgundy.
I remember even as recently as ten years ago, you would sometimes find a pillow and blanket at every seat in F upon boarding. I never liked the blankets that much, but would sometimes use them as a backrest. I also remember seeing fleet services come on board to change the pillows between flights. Still have one with the Alaska logo that somehow made it home with me.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
So, I'm out of touch on Alaska flying since I live in Florida now (but maintained 75K status, woohoo). But I swore on my last ANC-PDX flight I had a blanket in first because I stole it and took it with me.

Just like I may have also been told it was "OK" to take the Virgin America duvet last night after my MCO-LAX flight :-D

but omg Alaskanz... the VX pillows.. amazebahls too. We really need to make the Alaska people fly in F on VX on a LONG flight, then make them fly home in a ...... 737-900 in rows 2-4 to compare the two products :P
Flew ANC-PDX last night and yes there were blankets onboard in F.

They are on redeye flights.

It sounds like some folks get to avoid them
Old May 13, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I flew a red eye from Ogg to sea at the end of April. Had a blanket and a pillow, but had a hard time sleeping with those bright blue lights on for a good portion of the flight. Whining , I know, but still...
Old May 13, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by spamman808
I flew a red eye from Ogg to sea at the end of April. Had a blanket and a pillow, but had a hard time sleeping with those bright blue lights on for a good portion of the flight. Whining , I know, but still...
FA's probably need a reminder once in a while

Just give them a holler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.