Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Some AS operations moved to SFO T2 on 26 April 2017

Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ashill
no two gates at DFW are more than 15 minutes apart or so.
I would say that International A <->T2 would be similar.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Was there Thursday, I found it humerous my AS flight to PSP at 3 was at 50B and the VX. Flight at 2:35 was at 50A, they shared a CSA booth and walkway to the planes which landed minutes apart at a very slow PSP airport in July. Seems they need to eliminate one of those flights. The Admirals club is a nice one, and it's a big airy and bright terminal. This will be a nicer experience than the old 22/23 gates or the international terminal IMHO.
Does the SFO-PSP AS flight always leave from Terminal 2 now? I will be on it the 24th of this month. My itinerary says International terminal, but no gate yet.

AS389 now shows gate 50A (though I have to go to the terminal map to confirm that that's in T2; the app doesn't say). AS should do better here, I think.
Terminal 2 is gates 50-59

Originally Posted by akdancer
The international terminal at SFO has gates "A" or "G". No "I" gates there. Terminals at SFO are numbered 1-3, though I don't think Int'l Terminal has a number. AS needs to do more about putting a terminal ID on all references to gates at SFO.
"I" is the International terminal with both A and G gates A1-12 and G91-102 (not connected airside to each other)

Terminal 1 has the B20-28 and C40-48 gates

Terminal 2 has the D50-59 gates

Terminal 3 has the E60-69 and F70-90 gates
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:44 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dayone
I would say that International A <->T2 would be similar.
I doubt that. Remember at SFO you have to clear security again unless you are going between T2 and T1. Also, security at T2 is often a total zoo. I have on occasion walked land side from T2 to T1 to go through the security gates there instead.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by stc
I doubt that. Remember at SFO you have to clear security again unless you are going between T2 and T1. Also, security at T2 is often a total zoo. I have on occasion walked land side from T2 to T1 to go through the security gates there instead.
Yeah. Tiny sample size, but the one time I've flown out of SFO in recent decades (a month ago), the pre check line at the international terminal (A) was 15 minutes alone. And at the very least, having to clear security adds an unpredictability factor that you don't have at DFW.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by akdancer
The international terminal at SFO has gates "A" or "G". No "I" gates there. Terminals at SFO are numbered 1-3, though I don't think Int'l Terminal has a number. AS needs to do more about putting a terminal ID on all references to gates at SFO.
The terminal ID for GDS and airline systems is "I" for all international terminal gates (even though there are no "I" gates). Every pier has an associated letter, but only A and G have them as part of the gate designation. It is easy to understand someone's confusion by seeing an "I" on an itinerary.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Total cluster tonight at SFO for AS223 to PDX. I flew into SFO and looked at gate 50A which my app said is my flight but the monitors say gate A2, and 50A has a much later SEA flight. So I start to go to A2 but refreshed the app which still says 50A in T2. Half way there I went back to T2, back to 50A but screens still says a later SEA Alaska flight. Thank god I asked the CSA and she said they can't change the screens and 50A really is the correct gate. As I sit here on the plane it seems 1/2 the people who are supposed to be on the plane are not here. I'm betting many get left behind as it leaves in a few minutes and luckily I am not one of them. This particular flight comes into SFO from Mexico, so clearly landed in the international terminal. AS need to fix this, it was messed up last week too.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
"All departures to Palm Springs, Portland, or Seattle check in at Terminal 2."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...rnational.aspx

Is your itinerary old? This was a recent change
I'm using google search (flights?) which indicate that Friday's PDX flight is out of terminal International even though Thursday's and recent days all were out of T2. It's just a tad confusing but ft makes life better. Thanks!

We are going on Saturday. We don't have pre but are flying in F - can we use premium security like on Vx F? Does AS have curbside - I only remember Vx curbside because most flights are with Vx.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG UA Gold Aeroplan 35K HHonors Gold Marriott Plat IHG Plat Hertz 5* Nat'l Exec
Not just Int'l and T2 but T1

With the addition of various AS flights into the mix at SFO T2, there are situations where there are not enough gates available and, balkanizing things further, VX uses gate 47 in T1. I flew VX 938 out of gate 47 tonight (and another VX flight from same gate over a month ago).

While T1 and T2 are connected airside, and AA splits its flights between the two terminals (primarily with former US destinations, like CLT and PHX, in T1), it is still inconvenient, particularly if your timing is tight, security lines slow, etc. As Alaska grows at SFO (with the new flights starting next month and more destinations coming), will the three-way terminal split become even more common?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by stc
Not true. You can walk between Gate 60 (T-3, E wing) and Gate 100 (Int Terminal) airside without going thru security again. However you cannot go from AS international (G wing) to T-2 without going landside. I never have a problem at T-2 but then again I have Pre-Check and CLEAR. Well worth the $$$ for anybody who calls SFO home.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
Just landed at gate 59B via BUS

Flew in from SNA and the pilot announced we would be arriving at Terminal 2. However we parked by the construction @ Terminal 1 and were bussed to terminal 2. Added about 25 minutes to the trip (took forever to position the stairs).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mmaster737
Flew in from SNA and the pilot announced we would be arriving at Terminal 2. However we parked by the construction @ Terminal 1 and were bussed to terminal 2. Added about 25 minutes to the trip (took forever to position the stairs).
Count yourself lucky. They could have had you board the bus at SNA for the trip to the gate at SFO
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
The Alaska app lists neither the departure gate nor the terminal for flights today (eastern time, i.e. July 15) out of SFO, though it does list the arrival gate in PDX (C7 for AS389, the 06:00 departure). The app really ought to list at least the departure terminal in this situation, IMO.
Ask and you shall receive, apparently! The latest update to the iPhone app (downloading now and I won't be able to test it until my next flight on Thursday) says the the flight card will now list the arrival and departure terminals. ^
ctporter likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:44 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not true. You can walk between Gate 60 (T-3, E wing) and Gate 100 (Int Terminal) airside without going thru security again. However you cannot go from AS international (G wing) to T-2 without going landside. I never have a problem at T-2 but then again I have Pre-Check and CLEAR. Well worth the $$$ for anybody who calls SFO home.
I have PreCheck too and have found it faster to talk from T1 to T2 rather than try to deal with PreCheck at T2.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by stc
I have PreCheck too and have found it faster to talk from T1 to T2 rather than try to deal with PreCheck at T2.
I have found T-2 Pre-Check to rarely have a problem. I have CLEAR too, but never needed to use it there.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ptownca
I have found T-2 Pre-Check to rarely have a problem. I have CLEAR too, but never needed to use it there.
My maximum waits have been about 15 minutes but my minimum waits over the past year (not too many) have been about 10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.