Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Present state(as of 4/30/18)
  • AS/VX flights consolidated from T8/T4 to T7 in late 2017
  • Terminal 7 under construction
    • No TSA Precheck
    • Limited restaurant choices
  • Lounges:
    • Purchased day pass option revoked for Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in T4
    • Alaska Lounge in T7 opened on April 30 2018. Accepts Priority Pass (usual caveats apply, see Priority Pass Denied Entry thread). Will be open 5 AM-10 PM, except 5 AM-5 PM on Saturdays.
    • No day pass access to BA lounge
Print Wikipost

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ashill
What exactly is "West Coast" about a fireplace? I only very rarely see fireplaces on the west coast (proper wood stoves are common in the mountains, but not open fireplaces), whereas many houses I've spent time in on the east coast have fireplaces.
"[Insert random item here] for a West Coast vibe" seems to be Alaska's primary marketing messaging right now. That being said, the color palette and materials do remind me of some of the better resorts I've stayed at in coastal Southern California for work events (I've sat on those very same barstools at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes) so I guess they are kinda hitting the mark.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sutrosam
"[Insert random item here] for a West Coast vibe" seems to be Alaska's primary marketing messaging right now. That being said, the color palette and materials do remind me of some of the better resorts I've stayed at in coastal Southern California for work events (I've sat on those very same barstools at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes) so I guess they are kinda hitting the mark.
And better yet, a "crap quality" resort wine/drink at the AL will be complimentary, and a "$20" resort wine/drink at the AL will be "only $8."
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:50 pm

I visited the new Lounge this morning. Fire place isn't set up yet but otherwise it is fully operational. Beautiful space and it does accept priority pass.

Meals are available to purchase.

https://singleflyer.com/2018/04/30/a...inal-7-at-jfk/

UAPremierExec likes this.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Apr 30, 2018 at 6:58 pm Reason: Added photo
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And better yet, a "crap quality" resort wine/drink at the AL will be complimentary, and a "$20" resort wine/drink at the AL will be "only $8."
I don't mind paying a premium for better beverages for people that want them, but honestly appreciate the (not the best, but definitely drinkable) wine and craft beer selection. I used a United Club pass for the first time in a while recently, and was told I'd have to pay $6 to get something on the level of a Blue Moon. Only Coors or Miller Light (or similar level) were complimentary, and the wine I tried made my teeth hurt. Ideally it'd all be free, but when I want that, I try to hit an AMEX lounge.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:36 pm

With the construction, is there a dedicated express security lane for MVPs set up? Or just one general line? I know there's no precheck either...
Old May 2, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by theken13
With the construction, is there a dedicated express security lane for MVPs set up? Or just one general line? I know there's no precheck either...
They've tried to accommodate PreCheck when possible but still no dedicated line. I've been told they are actively working with TSA to resolve this though.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:11 pm

I visited the lounge and it’s easily the nicest Alaska lounge in the system, with great views and lots of daylight. It seems most of the people inside the lounge are Priority Pass, and I’ll say some of them were pretty gross (like, bare disgusting feet, putting it up on furniture, etc.) Hopefully it was an anomaly.

The free food selection seems to be the same or slightly less (just english muffins and bagels) but the coffee bar set up is fantastic and easily the best in the entire terminal. The bathrooms are also a+ (even if there’s no shower) and nicer than the Concorde Room.

Ops in general seem much better in T7 now, though the terminal itself is still in really bad condition. Fortunately you can avoid most of it now and stay in the lounge right up until boarding, which I’d reccommend.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I heard that Alaska has a barista in the lounge?
Old May 9, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bkojote
Ops in general seem much better in T7 now, though the terminal itself is still in really bad condition. Fortunately you can avoid most of it now and stay in the lounge right up until boarding, which I’d reccommend.
I would imagine that JFK T7 will be much better as a finished product. BA also has incentive to add TSA Precheck facilities there since they're joining it soon, and JFK is their most important US station. In an ideal world AS wouldn't have moved there months before the lounge could open, the refurbs were done, but we rarely get an ideal world, especially when you're not an anchor tenant at an airport...
Old May 9, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bkojote
I visited the lounge and it’s easily the nicest Alaska lounge in the system, with great views and lots of daylight. It seems most of the people inside the lounge are Priority Pass, and I’ll say some of them were pretty gross (like, bare disgusting feet, putting it up on furniture, etc.) Hopefully it was an anomaly.

The free food selection seems to be the same or slightly less (just english muffins and bagels) but the coffee bar set up is fantastic and easily the best in the entire terminal. The bathrooms are also a+ (even if there’s no shower) and nicer than the Concorde Room.

Wow....based on reports, it sounded like the "No PP" sign has quickly made it's way to the entrance of the new JFK lounge so I just assumed most of the customers that could actually be admitted would be non-PP and non-Lounge Buddy members. On a side note, PP seems "concerned"....I got a message asking if I would provide the specific time of day the sign was out at JFK....perhaps they are thinking about scheduling PP vs. non-PP hours?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I heard that Alaska has a barista in the lounge?
I read somewhere (press release perhaps) that AS flew out someone from the Pikes Place location to train the JFK baristas

Wonder when the upgrade happens to the SEA lounge(s)?
Old May 9, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
I read somewhere (press release perhaps) that AS flew out someone from the Pikes Place location to train the JFK baristas

♫Imagine there's no upgrade, it's easy if you try. No barista service, for coffee, there's a line
Imagine all the people waiting to pour cream

We may call you a dreamer, and you are the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
In Alaska Reality ...♫♫
Old May 9, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
655pm flight jfk sfo
i have precheck but not sure a precheck line
at security yet and aren't there a bunch
of europe flights at that time

need to check a bag
what time would you guys arrive at t7?
Old May 9, 2018, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa

Correct. They flew out a manager from PIKE Place location (notice there is no "S") to train the staff. I was told that they decided to keep the barista as a Alaska employee (rather than contract with Starbucks) so as to provide Alaska level of service. All Lounge employees are true Alaska team members.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:50 pm

Yep, I was talking to the lounge staff and apparently they’ve all been trained.

Everything was really good from the coffee bar and it’s a nice perk. Apparently the next lounge to get this treatment is the N concourse lounge when it opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.