Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Present state(as of 4/30/18)
  • AS/VX flights consolidated from T8/T4 to T7 in late 2017
  • Terminal 7 under construction
    • No TSA Precheck
    • Limited restaurant choices
  • Lounges:
    • Purchased day pass option revoked for Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in T4
    • Alaska Lounge in T7 opened on April 30 2018. Accepts Priority Pass (usual caveats apply, see Priority Pass Denied Entry thread). Will be open 5 AM-10 PM, except 5 AM-5 PM on Saturdays.
    • No day pass access to BA lounge
Print Wikipost

AS (and VX) Moved to T7 at JFK; New Alaska Lounge (April, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
So I flew my first flight out of Terminal 7 yesterday. I got there very early and it took 45 minutes from the Air Train to clearing security. I was not checking a bag which saved a lot of time as the line for baggage check appeared quite long. TSA had one lane open and it moved pretty slowly. There is so much construction in the terminal there is no way I could figure out which may be the new Lounge. There is exactly zero AS signage in the terminal so you have to keep an eye on things. In my case there was a gate change that was not announced and I just happened to look at the app and see the gates had changed. Restrooms were not as bad as reported and there were no lines. Food options were bleak at best, there are two food kiosk type things, one of which doesn't have a working coffee maker. If you want food or beverage plan on a long wait and a lot of money! Overall...its better than BOS....

I am happy to report a new never before seen first for AS!! The AS gate agent had a set of portable wireless speakers attached to his belt so everyone in the boarding area was treated to his dance music for about 40 minutes. It was even more fun when he had to talk to a customer as he didn't turn the music down, he just yelled over the top of the music. North of expected!!!

Last edited by jsguyrus; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sounds like a pmVX'er

Thanks for the report!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
I will have a layover from 5:30AM until 10:30AM in Terminal 7 on a scheduled mileage run in the next few days. Given the sad state of affairs in Terminal 7 and the fact I have about 5 hours to kill, are there any decent options on where to spend some time and get something to eat? Some of the comments in this thread make it sound like you can't even access other terminals.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by perktd
I will have a layover from 5:30AM until 10:30AM in Terminal 7 on a scheduled mileage run in the next few days. Given the sad state of affairs in Terminal 7 and the fact I have about 5 hours to kill, are there any decent options on where to spend some time and get something to eat? Some of the comments in this thread make it sound like you can't even access other terminals.
http://www.jfkairport.com/#/at-airpo...s-and-services

Note the "pre-security" options in other terminals.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm on that same mileage run in a few weeks...I wish they still ran the red-eye to DTW....that was a much easier double miles mileage run....back at PDX by 9am. Anyway, does the 5:30am inbound from PDX really just sit there until 10:45am or does go somewhere else like SEA? My plan is to use my PP to head over to the Wingtips Lounge for breakfast in terminal 4 which I had no problem accessing before. I have also thought of grabbing an Uber to Howard Beach for breakfast since 5 hours is a lot of time to hang out at JFK.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:13 am

Hi -

Not sure, but it is possible that the PDX redeye goes back to SEA at 715 while the SEA redeye goes back to PDX at 1045.

If you decide to leave the airport, remember to give yourself a little extra time to clear security. Once for me the line was brutal.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:21 pm

If you can get into another terminal for food, JetBlue's T5 and Delta T4 are great options. Even if you can't clear security, there's a full service diner in the arrivals area of T4 that's a better option for food than anything in T7.

Also, taking the Airtrain -> LIRR to Penn Station takes about an hour. May be worthwhile to head into the city.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
I really hope this new Boardroom is nice
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
I really hope this new Boardroom is nice

I hope Santa Claus will visit my house on Christmas Eve...

Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog

I hope Santa Claus will visit my house on Christmas Eve...

It's possible, you just gotta believe
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
will be sad if we get a new lounge in SFO before JFK....
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
will be sad if we get a new lounge in SFO before JFK....
Considering the one in JFK is under construction...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Feb 12, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Considering the on in JFK is under construction...
maybe done before the end of the year? 🙏
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seahawks10177

maybe done before the end of the year? ��

Spring 2018 doesn't look totally unreasonable given that actual construction has started behind those permits. It's down the hall from the BA lounges.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Spring 2018 doesn't look totally unreasonable given that actual construction has started behind those permits. It's down the hall from the BA lounges.
Wow. Well maybe they will expedite the process haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.