Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service Decline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
it's also obvious that people familiar with the user environment weren't part of requirements development or pre-delivery testing (or, for that matter, probably any testing)
Or they did all of that, but didn't test it with enough load to see the impact. They might have done all of the process, thought they'd nailed it, and were just wrong.

How they handled the project is totally opaque to anyone on the outside, so very little is truly obvious, and not much can even be inferred. As long as it's fixed, I'm not gonna worry about who to blame.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Calculon
How they handled the project is totally opaque to anyone on the outside, so very little is truly obvious, and not much can even be inferred.
+1. Assumptions as conclusions don't add much to the discussion.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wow, explains a bit when I was on hold for hours earlier in the year...

Thanks for the insight as always ^
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
I'm really sorry to hear you experienced an issue when calling the MVP/Gold line; this was an unintended problem that occurred when AS implemented the 'virtual hold' feature, allowing the system to "wait in line" for the caller when hold times were excessive.

Inbound calls were previously handled in this priority:

1. MVP/Gold line callers
2. Non-elite callers

When the "virtual hold" feature was turned on, here's how the system began prioritizing calls:

1. MVP/Gold callers who had asked for a callback
2. Non-elite callers who had asked for a callback
3. MVP/Gold callers
4. Non-elite callers

Unfortunately, this was only discovered after seeing all these non-elite customers suddenly, inexplicably, leapfrogging in the queue ahead of new calls from MVP/Gold callers, resulting in much longer holds for elite-level customers than was intended. The problem was identified and reported to our telecom provider, and the addition of dozens of new agents each week has already seen the wait times for elite and non-elite customers alike drop significantly.
If this was the case, I'm not sure why (as a 75K), I had several callbacks that took 45 minutes or more to be returned?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by flytoeat
If this was the case, I'm not sure why (as a 75K), I had several callbacks that took 45 minutes or more to be returned?
There were some weather events it seemed with an overabundance of cancellations. I'm guessing AS was overloaded.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by flytoeat
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience! Your experience was definitely not consistent with the service we try to provide each day. During some previous periods of extreme weather irregularities resulting in cancellations, the phone lines were swamped. In addition, that same "virtual hold" system had a different glitch that resulted in some callers getting called back multiple times, even after their problem had been resolved. That glitch has since been identified and corrected, and I'm hopeful you're being connected with an agent after little to no wait at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.