Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge access on VX metal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Alaska Lounge access on VX metal?

with the upcoming VX move to T6 at LAX, anyone know what the situation is with paid F complimentary Alaska Lounge access?

A) VX flight number, VX metal
B) AS flight number, VX metal
C) VX flight number. AS metal
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AS
My understanding is that after the move to T-6
VX F boarding pass will get access to AS Lounge, as does PAID AS F boarding pass.
Before the move in May (about 12-14th)
VX F boarding pass can get The Loft lounge access with PP,(unless you are on long haul on VX F, then open access).
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Apparently VX Golds will also get access through 2017. After that there won't be VX Golds...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:32 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Apparently VX Golds will also get access through 2017. After that there won't be VX Golds...
+1 and +1.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AS
OP was only inquiring about VX. F.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Is there any lounge access in the morning at SFO when flying VX F? I know one can (or could in the past) use the VS Clubhouse but it only opens at 2:00pm. Does a VX F ticket get you into any other lounges at SFO?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
OP was only inquiring about VX. F.
Right, but there will be an additional access option to Alaska Lounges for a while: VX elite status.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Finkface
Is there any lounge access in the morning at SFO when flying VX F? I know one can (or could in the past) use the VS Clubhouse but it only opens at 2:00pm. Does a VX F ticket get you into any other lounges at SFO?
No, and honestly you won't miss it very much. AA has an AC Club in T-2 where you can buy a day pass, but unless you have a long layover, I would not bother. T-2 where VX flies from SFO is one of the most pleasant terminals in N.A. Light, airy , quiet, good food and shops. Rarely feels crowded. Lots of plugs and really comfy chairs.

Now, should you have the time to go over to the Intl side and the VX Clubhouse is open, it is worth it and a far better value than an AA day pass. A la carte dining with table service, top shelf booze and a great view. The price is definitely worth it. ^
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ptownca
No, and honestly you won't miss it very much. AA has an AC Club in T-2 where you can buy a day pass, but unless you have a long layover, I would not bother. T-2 where VX flies from SFO is one of the most pleasant terminals in N.A. Light, airy , quiet, good food and shops. Rarely feels crowded. Lots of plugs and really comfy chairs.

Now, should you have the time to go over to the Intl side and the VX Clubhouse is open, it is worth it and a far better value than an AA day pass. A la carte dining with table service, top shelf booze and a great view. The price is definitely worth it. ^
Not a big deal. It's a morning flight so no layover as I am coming from a hotel. Just thought I could pop into a lounge since I'm in paid F (got to get my money's worth ) if there was one available but it isn't necessary. And it sounds like the terminal is pretty nice as well so I'll have breakfast somewhere there.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Will fly VX LAX-SFO after the terminal move. I'm a LT Admirals Club member, and Priority Pass Select member. Rumor has it AS is denying PP members access. Any word on whether I will have loung access via my AC membership? If flying on AS would be granted, but VX?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Will fly VX LAX-SFO after the terminal move. I'm a LT Admirals Club member, and Priority Pass Select member. Rumor has it AS is denying PP members access. Any word on whether I will have loung access via my AC membership? If flying on AS would be granted, but VX?
Not at the present time according to missy. Still only AA or AS flights. The good news is that most of the PP denials have been for the PDX and SEA lounges.

Give Alaska feedback that you'd like to see reciprocal access for VX flights:

https://www.alaskaair.com/feedback
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Give Alaska feedback that you'd like to see reciprocal access for VX flights:https://www.alaskaair.com/feedback
Just submitted feedback. Lack of lounge access would discourage me from flying VX in the future.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Just submitted feedback. Lack of lounge access would discourage me from flying VX in the future.
My guess is you won't have AL access until VX flights disappear, just like how Bored Room™ members didn't have AAdmiral's Club access on US flights, just AA flights.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My guess is you won't have AL access until VX flights disappear, just like how Bored Room™ members didn't have AAdmiral's Club access on US flights, just AA flights.
My guess (no more solid that yours) is that it could happen Jan. 1. Maybe even a chance it could be late September, when AS systems gain access to VX.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
My guess (no more solid that yours) is that it could happen Jan. 1. Maybe even a chance it could be late September, when AS systems gain access to VX.
Why would AA lounge membership access privileges change based on what AS does? The access rules are governed by AA.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nge-access.jsp

As an Admirals Club annual or lifetime member, Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card primary cardholder, or AirPass member with Admirals Club privileges, you can enter:
Alaska Airlines Board Room Lounges in Anchorage, AK (ANC), Portland, OR (PDX), Los Angeles, CA (LAX) and Seattle, WA (SEA) when departing on the same day on American Airlines or Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights
AA and VX have never been partners- why would they start acting as partners now, instead of AA just waiting for VX tickets and flights to disappear, the same way AS waited for US tickets and flights to disappear? The exact same scenarios happened in reverse during the AA/US merger: you didn't have AS lounge access with US flights, you couldn't book US flights on AS awards, and so on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.