Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Does the flight still show in your reservations? I find mine post later in the evening around 8:00 pm the day the segment drops out. Regardless, the rebook should post like any other segment you have flown.

James
It disappeared on Wednesday and was tacked on next to the cancelled flight. I DMed Alaska on twitter about this and they noticed that it "looked a little funny" too, but recommended waiting until tomorrow for full posting. On upside, the agent mentioned she left a note to post the miles anyway tomorrow if it doesn't automatically appear, so there's that.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Hit 75K with 90,315 miles on the Alaska/Partner counter on Dec 8th. Had several flights in paid BA F (A class) this year which made the difference.

I'm also Delta Plat, which expires on Jan 31. That was an 12 year run with Delta, but I'm tired of the SkyMiles program and the games played with it. Looking forward to experiencing life as a 75Ker.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP
After a year w/o status, I made it, just barely. Thank goodness I booked that connection in Portland over Thanksgiving.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:03 pm

Took a roundtrip from SEA to SEA to just barely make the MVP Gold cutoff
tobikosan likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:47 pm

I took a rescheduled last minute flight (family health issues) to SF to make it over 20K for MVP. I earned AA plat and A3 star gold but I was thrilled with my first 9 months with a gifted MVP status (so many upgrades) and look forward to a bunch of transcon trips to see places on the west coast I've yet to see. Been addicted ever since I used transfer miles to take cathay first to HKG then TLV.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Freshly minted MVP after my first several month period of (somewhat) frequent flying.
Looking forward to earning at a faster clip.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:52 am

I've been MVPG on segments, mostly MFR-PDX, for a few years now. With the fare structure changes, this is probably the end of that, however.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Long time VX elevate Gold; earning elevate gold last year and got transferred into MVP Gold for this year. I earned MVP gold this year with 40,628 EQM and 36 EQS all on Alaska, no partner flights this year. I have enjoyed AS over the UA/DL/AA carriers. I do admit i am a WN A+/CP holder and very happy with Southwest too. It works for me....short haul, WN - transcons or places where WN doesnt go, AS....

My 4 GGU (for what they are worth) already posted....I now have 8 to figure out how to use!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Wife made MVP this year. Our first elite status in a decade (Thanks, kids!). Mostly leisure, with 2 biz trips thrown in.

We are mostly looking forward to the baggage allowance and early boarding. Since we book as a family on one itinerary, I understand my wife is not eligible for premium or first class upgrades. We could book separately if those would occur with any frequency but my take from this forum is they will not. Right now it's nice that, as a family, I was able to seat us all in seats toward the front of the plane for our upcoming trips.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
My 12/27 flight posted today. Back to MVPG for 2019. Probably off to free agency and we will see where I end up. Likely reducing my cash flying for 2019 by quite a bit.

It’s definitely you, AS, not me, but it’s all right...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Just checked TH's account - she'll be over 100K this year again.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I plan it out from the start of the year. Once I figure out what I need to credit to just make it, I credit elsewhere or use miles instead. I cut it as close to 40k AS metal as I can with as little excess as possible. Cut it close? Last year, I made it with 10 miles to spare. This year, a bit more. Still bitter from not being included in the rollover miles a couple of years ago.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold

Fortunately, I flew some partner flights that haven't credited yet, though this is certainly a bit scary to look at
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
At this point I’m still 8800 AS miles short of hitting MVP Gold. I’m not sure if it’s theoretically possible to get that many miles in the next 30 hours, but I gave up a few days ago. Might need to try harder next year.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Half way between SFO and LAX right now. I'm just going to call myself Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.