Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by johnp012001
Curious what the relevance of a MH flight is to Alaska Airlines or the Condor thread.
Ticket sold from Condor and at least 50% or 6180 miles of my flight credit to AS.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Ticket sold from Condor and at least 50% or 6180 miles of my flight credit to AS.
I wouldn't assume the MH flight will credit at all. MH is not an Alaska Airlines partner. AS will often credit in situations where a codeshare involves another AS partner (e.g., BA ticket, AA flight segment), but a flight segment involving a non-partner on a partner's ticket is not likely to credit.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I wouldn't assume the MH flight will credit at all. MH is not an Alaska Airlines partner. AS will often credit in situations where a codeshare involves another AS partner (e.g., BA ticket, AA flight segment), but a flight segment involving a non-partner on a partner's ticket is not likely to credit.
Yes I totally understand but often Condor codeshare with non- AS partner like SK or MH , especially to and from Europe. And I thought some experience I can find here how to find their fare class.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Yes I totally understand but often Condor codeshare with non- AS partner like SK or MH , especially to and from Europe. And I thought some experience I can find here how to find their fare class.
Condor codesharing with other airlines has nothing to do with AS. You won't earn any miles.
jinglish likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan
Condor codesharing with other airlines has nothing to do with AS. You won't earn any miles.
No worries as I cannot find useful information here.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most often it's LH (and apparently people just credit the LH flights to whatever *A program suits their fancy, since AS won't accept those for credit either).

This isn't actually a common question in the AS forum since, well, we're not really concerned with non-AS partner fare class mappings on a DE ticket (since those won't actually accrue to AS). Maybe check out the MH forum?

WhereToCredit seems to note that MH has a lot of coach earning classes that earn at 0 or 25%, and earning overall seems to be better in Enrich than in other programs. If this is a cheap coach ticket I'd assume you might well earn nothing on the MH segment except in MH... if it's PE or J you might have better luck.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Most often it's LH (and apparently people just credit the LH flights to whatever *A program suits their fancy, since AS won't accept those for credit either).

This isn't actually a common question in the AS forum since, well, we're not really concerned with non-AS partner fare class mappings on a DE ticket (since those won't actually accrue to AS). Maybe check out the MH forum?

WhereToCredit seems to note that MH has a lot of coach earning classes that earn at 0 or 25%, and earning overall seems to be better in Enrich than in other programs. If this is a cheap coach ticket I'd assume you might well earn nothing on the MH segment except in MH... if it's PE or J you might have better luck.
Thanks I will certainly try the MH forum , I assume if I book j in Condor but MH leg only show economy that may be a full fare Y.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks I will certainly try the MH forum , I assume if I book j in Condor but MH leg only show economy that may be a full fare Y.
Good question. You would think it might credit at 100% in a OW program but MH is kind of a dumpster fire so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...
Old May 3, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS,TK
Concord EQM & RDM question.. I need to do some miles run to maintain my MVP Gold .. so far I think Condor business class is the most efficient way for me..
I read some posts. Condor Business is 2X EQM which is confirmed.. regarding RDM.. it seems very tricky.. may I know if anyone got 3X RDM (4X with Gold) without elite bonus with Condor business class ?

thanks
Old May 4, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyinstyle
Concord EQM & RDM question.. I need to do some miles run to maintain my MVP Gold .. so far I think Condor business class is the most efficient way for me..
I read some posts. Condor Business is 2X EQM which is confirmed.. regarding RDM.. it seems very tricky.. may I know if anyone got 3X RDM (4X with Gold) without elite bonus with Condor business class ?

thanks
The EQM is 200% as Condor Business has a 100% Class of Service bonus which is also EQM.

The 100% additional bonus is RDM only and is not tied to Status. The Elite Staus bonus is extra to the above totals so while the 200% EQM applies to every MP Member the total accrued RDM Miles for MP Members is as follows.

No Status, 300%, MVP 350%, MVPG 400% & MVPG75K 425%.

James in Santiago.
UAPremierExec and leland like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
No worries as I cannot find useful information here.
Garbage in, garbage out.

What did you expect?

You said you called Condor with no luck.... that's unfortunately the ONLY source where you can get the information you want (which, I believe is your FARE CLASS or BUCKET, on the Condor leg, so you can credit that to Alaska -- because the MH segment has nothing at all to do with Alaska/MP). I can tell you that I work with airline codeshares and IT, and DE has a list of about 9 fare buckets that the other airline aligns with their own - some buckets are linked to 2,3, or even 4 fare buckets on the operating airline. But, that doesn't matter because you will NOT get AS credit for an MH leg sold as DE. MH can tell you *their* bucket you are seated in, and DE should be able to tell you which of theirs you are seated in. Your e-ticket may show your fare calculation line and/or fare code though.
jinglish likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
LH offered to buy Condor

Inhave some business class trip with condor, but it appears that condor is going to be bought by LH as Thomas Cook is selling all airlines in its portfolio. What would happen with Alaska partnership
Old May 7, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by felicidad76
Inhave some business class trip with condor, but it appears that condor is going to be bought by LH as Thomas Cook is selling all airlines in its portfolio. What would happen with Alaska partnership
LH registered their interest, that doesn’t mean that it will happen. They aren’t the only ones interested, and even if they were, it still wouldn’t mean that it would happen. (Hey FI and WW, how’s it going?)

If it does happen, what will happen to the partnership would depend on what the current partnership contracts look like, and how talks between LH and AS go. Even once we know it is actually going to happen, we don’t know yet whether they decide to add the brand to the Lufthansa Group, or fold it into one of the existing airlines. Obviously, I would love for it to all shake out with AS partnering with all LH Group airlines, but that’s just me wishful thinking. There’s just as good a chance they fold DE into EW, and the whole partnership goes away, along with Mileage Plan access to J cabins to Europe without insane fees or routings.

Chances are good nothing will have changed by the time your already-booked travel happens.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
LH needs low fare competition gone. Air Berlin is no more, LH target is now DE.

With strong LH and star alliance partnership, Mileage Plan partnership would be a goner. Enjoy it while we can.

Jiburi
Old May 7, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by felicidad76
The partnership would end. The only question is to what the cut off date will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.