Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 12:52 pm

I was looking today for flights from europe to NA ( LPA - SNA ).

I am able to book a stopover in FRA. DE is obviously the carrier from LPA - FRA - SEA. AS from SEA - SNA.

Can only get premium economy from LPA - FRA, Business from FRA - SNA, and AS First SEA - SNA. 55k miles + $140.

I know the premium economy and business is not to the level of CX or JAL, but considering how difficult it is to navigate a route between LPA - SNA, seems worthwhile. Especially around new years.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by artieb78
Anyone able to book a stopover, e.g., FRA-SEA on DE, then SEA-SFO on AS (SFO as an example with lots of availability) a week later?

I'm seeing availability for both segments in separate searches, but when I combine them together in multi-city search, I only get AA fares, no DE. Wonder if they just haven't integrated stopovers yet?
Stop-overs work in FRA, could be some block to put back the intent of the AS legs as positioning and not a side trip (the way they always meant it to be)
Old May 17, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Interesting, I was thinking of a mini RTW with 2 one-ways :

YVR-FRA(stop)-MLE on DE
MLE-HKG(stop)-YVR on CX
Old May 17, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Mondays and Thursdays for Business

Definitely takes some clicking around to find availability for the SEA-FRA non-stop in Business Class.

Snagged two award tickets last night for March 2018, but noticed there was actual availability on Mondays and Thursdays, and none I could find on the weekends. I haven't done an exhaustive search, but that was my initial experience.

Interesting that departure times from SEA on the nonstop do seem to vary by day of the week.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by CDKing
Maldives counts as Middle East (which makes sense as Condor Route map classifies it as ME as well):
That would be a very useful redemption if EK doesn't cancel the error fare.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
How do you get seat assignments. Do you have to call to get a seat assignment? Are they free in business class or is there a fee?

Also if flying in business class do you get lounge access in Frankfurt?

Finally, I noticed on the connecting flight it says business class, but the seat map on the 757 is 3-3 for business class.

Last edited by smilee; May 18, 2017 at 11:25 pm
Old May 18, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by smilee

Finally, I noticed on the connecting flight it says business class, but the seat map on the 757 is 3-3 for business class.
Standard European business class is middle-seat blocked. On Condor 757 it is actually pretty bad (and marketed as premium economy) with a 29" seat pitch throughout.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:53 pm

How do you get seat assignments. Do you have to call to get a seat assignment? Are they free in business class or is there a fee?
I had SEA-FRA tickets in Business Class and when I called DE, I was told I had to contact the issuing airline. So I called AS, they called DE, and got me the Business Class seat assignments (no fee; it's part of Business Class).

However, the AS CSR said next time I call DE for any reason, to clearly state I'm in Business Class upfront. Otherwise, they assume you're in coach and all seats there require a fee in advance.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier

Also if flying in business class do you get lounge access in Frankfurt?
Not sure if it's relevant for your reservation but if they gave you a PNR in addition to the DE confirmation number you can pull up the reservation on Lufthansa's website and select seats. I was able to do that for all legs of my PDX-FRA-SZG RT where FRA-SZG is operated by LH.

You do get LH business lounge access in FRA for departures, very unlikely for arrivals though.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by nookanaya
Not sure if it's relevant for your reservation but if they gave you a PNR in addition to the DE confirmation number you can pull up the reservation on Lufthansa's website and select seats. I was able to do that for all legs of my PDX-FRA-SZG RT where FRA-SZG is operated by LH
This was relevant for my reservation, which is DE flights only (SEA-FRA-SEA).

Amazing. I can do much more with my DE reservation on the LH site than I can on the DE site itself, such as select seats, enter passport information, and add contact information. All of that require a phone call or email contact with DE otherwise (one email of which has gone unanswered, three days later, though its receipt was acknowledged).

Nice find. Thanks for sharing that.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Hi. I am going San-MAN via JFK. SAN -JFK is on Jet Blue. JFK-MAN booked on Condor but Thomas Cook Metal. Do I get Alaska miles on the Cook flight MT2849? Returning I go LHR VIE-FRA then FRA-SAN on condor so assume I need to add my Alaska # at FRA? And *A # in VIE? Also I assume I get JetBlue points SAN-JFK but don't want those going to MAN.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Tenniscan
Hi. I am going San-MAN via JFK. SAN -JFK is on Jet Blue. JFK-MAN booked on Condor but Thomas Cook Metal. Do I get Alaska miles on the Cook flight MT2849? Returning I go LHR VIE-FRA then FRA-SAN on condor so assume I need to add my Alaska # at FRA? And *A # in VIE? Also I assume I get JetBlue points SAN-JFK but don't want those going to MAN.
I would bet the MT flight that is a DE codeshare doesn't work, just like an AZ flight that has an AF codeshare won't work... did you check the DE page on alaskaair.com and see if the DE flight number is in the allowed range?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:DE
Old May 20, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Amazing. I can do much more with my DE reservation on the LH site than I can on the DE site itself, such as select seats, enter passport information, and add contact information. All of that require a phone call or email contact with DE otherwise (one email of which has gone unanswered, three days later, though its receipt was acknowledged).
We can also enter KTNs there, but that's probably irrelevant since DE does not participate in PreCheck.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Some of Thomas Cook are under a DE flight number in the earning range but they are through Canada (Halifax to Manchester for example), it might be possible (too early to test). MT comes up as operated by Air Tanker so it would be a no-go.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I had SEA-FRA tickets in Business Class and when I called DE, I was told I had to contact the issuing airline. So I called AS, they called DE, and got me the Business Class seat assignments (no fee; it's part of Business Class).

However, the AS CSR said next time I call DE for any reason, to clearly state I'm in Business Class upfront. Otherwise, they assume you're in coach and all seats there require a fee in advance.
Well, I tried this and both Alaska and Condor refused to book seats for me in Business Class. AS agent called their international partner desk and stated they "don't even have a number to call for seat bookings" - really? I have a business class award booking YVR-FRA-NAP. The first leg I could use the Condor PNR on Lufthansa to book seats but wouldn't let me for the 2nd leg. Issue may be that AS shows European connection as "I" booking class, which is business on long-haul but shows as economy on intra-Europe short/med-haul flights, even though the award availability at booking and in the AS reservation shows both legs as "Business".

Teething problems, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.