Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Guess I will try the phone route since email seems to be a black hole.

Edit: Made my call. Agent said the case was still open, she would send an email (presumably to DE) and assign the case to herself. Made a to-do list entry to follow up in three weeks.
Ok, never heard back, but the flight now posted. The distance for SEA-FRA is 5109 miles, and what posted appears to be

RDM: 12,772 (250%) - based on the account activity
EQM: 6,386 (125%) - based on my spreadsheet

This makes no sense. The EQM earnings match a Premium Economy ticket (but I was in J). 250% RDM matches nothing on this page.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/condor?lid=airline-partnersartners-condor

Originally Posted by zebes
Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that my SEA-FRA J flight from April 14 finally posted after several back and forth emails with customer care. The bad news is that the miles posted incorrectly at the Premium Economy rate, so I'm missing about 4k EQM and 9k RDM. Looks like more emails in my future.
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Same thing happened to me. Flew Business, posted as Premium Economy. Still waiting on the fix.
Seems like a systemic issue.

Did you get it it fixed?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Seems like a systemic issue.

Did you get it it fixed?
Forgot to come back and post my update. I responded to Customer Care asking for a correction after my flight posted at PE rates. Surprisingly they fixed it within a day of receiving the request. The EQM adjustment is huge, as I'll make 75k for the first time ever this year (assuming holiday flights go on as planned).
notquiteaff and mpeterson78 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Ok, never heard back, but the flight now posted. The distance for SEA-FRA is 5109 miles, and what posted appears to be

This makes no sense. The EQM earnings match a Premium Economy ticket (but I was in J). 250% RDM matches nothing on this page.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/condor?lid=airline-partnersartners-condor
I did SEA-FRA last May in J and this is what I was credited with. The J bonus EQM is 200%

Base miles: 5,109
Bonus: 17,882
Total miles: 22,991

I'm guess there is a class bonus in there some where.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

This makes no sense. The EQM earnings match a Premium Economy ticket (but I was in J). 250%
Are you MVPG75K? The flight distance and RDM activity would indicate so.

Setting aside the wrong fare class posting for a moment, the activity RDM would be derived from

100% base + 25% COS + 125% MVPG75K Elite RDM = 250% of flown miles. 5109 × 2.50 is 12,772. EQM would be 5109 × 1.25 = 6,386.

What should have posted,

100% base + 100% COS + 100% RDM Bonus + 125% MVPG75K Elite RDM = 425% of flown miles. 5109 × 4.25 = 21,714. EQM would be 5109 × 2.0 = 10,218.

Hopefully, after all this time, it is corrected promptly.

James
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I did SEA-FRA last May in J and this is what I was credited with. The J bonus EQM is 200%

Base miles: 5,109
Bonus: 17,882
Total miles: 22,991

I'm guess there is a class bonus in there some where.
The J bonus EQM is 100% + 100% RDM Bonus, so EQM earnings are 2× miles flown, not 200% over the base.

The chart shows 100% Base + 200% Bonus = 300% but the last column shows that the EQM earnings are 200%. The additional 100% Bonus is RDM only.

Your earnings indicate you are a MVPG100K.

James
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Are you MVPG75K? The flight distance and RDM activity would indicate so.
oh, right, completely forgot the elite bonus. doh!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Finally got my early July FRA/PDX business class seats credited today. The AS CSA recognized it was way past the window and manually credited it and she couldn’t have been more helpful. However the whole fiasco turned me off Condor and next springs flight is on AA going over (via Seattle) and BA coming back nonstop to PDX. Going via SEA got the price down to about $1,000 under Condors business class price.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Finally got my early July FRA/PDX business class seats credited today. The AS CSA recognized it was way past the window and manually credited it and she couldn’t have been more helpful. However the whole fiasco turned me off Condor and next springs flight is on AA going over (via Seattle) and BA coming back nonstop to PDX. Going via SEA got the price down to about $1,000 under Condors business class price.
I finally got my Condor flight miles. After months of waiting and then only getting Premium Economy miles for my J ticket I finally got it fixed. It still isn’t done correctly, but this time to my advantage. I will leave it as is and consider the extra miles compensation /interest for the time and effort spent getting the flight posted.

And yes, this fiasco and also fairly unattractive Condor J fares have caused me to look elsewhere or travel for next year.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Did Condor increase its award prices?

Did Condor or Alaska stealthly increase condor's award seat prices?
Just did a award search, and seem to seeing 40K economy seats for routes I've seen 25K prior./..... never mind. Just found some dates at 25K (mostly pre-spring). I don't see 25K award seats for most of summer, sadly.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Nov 1, 2022 at 10:16 am Reason: retracking my findings
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It looks like Condor is going to charge more both in miles and in cash as they get their new A330NEO's. If you look at cash prices they are getting close to BA on their flights being operated on the new planes next spring.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
It looks like Condor is going to charge more both in miles and in cash as they get their new A330NEO's. If you look at cash prices they are getting close to BA on their flights being operated on the new planes next spring.
I suppose that isn’t entirely unreasonable. I hope they continue to not require round trips for their lowest fares. I often combined a lie-flat award going east with a cheap-ish rev seat in their recliner J going west for my European trips.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Has anyone successfully booked business class award travel on Condor recently? Some strangeness going on...
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Just to add another datapoint, after waiting the required 8 weeks after sending in my BP/receipts (long after the flights), I was able to use the SMS chat to get them manually posted. Was disappointed to see that the double miles promo is just double base miles, not accounting for COS bonus (as AS's internal double miles promos have in the past), so only ended up clearing 450% instead of 550% miles for the RT--i.e. just about enough for a one-way J award which will help numb the pain of both the flight experience and the hassle of getting it all credited.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:26 pm

Condor Move to T7 at JFK.

Effective January 5th, 2023 Condor Airlines has moved into T7 with Alaska Airlines. Kuwait Airways and SAS to follow.

AirportNews

SImply Flying

James
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Effective January 5th, 2023 Condor Airlines has moved into T7 with Alaska Airlines. Kuwait Airways and SAS to follow.

AirportNews

SImply Flying

James
Isn't Alaska moving to T8 in March?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.