Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kayexalate
why are there no SFO-FRA flights on Condor availlable using AS miles? The route exists, I can find revenue flights on M, Th, Sa from SFO-FRA from May-Sept.
However when I check AS using miles, the direct flights is not available in any class. Always tries to route me to SEA or PHX then take condor from there to FRA.
The fairly obvious answer is “DE isn’t making the flight available for whatever reason”? Obviously AS isn’t blocking anything- it literally costs them more to route you to SEA or PHX.

Is DE Award inventory searchable on ExpertFlyer? If so and you have a subscription you could search there.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
The fairly obvious answer is “DE isn’t making the flight available for whatever reason”? Obviously AS isn’t blocking anything- it literally costs them more to route you to SEA or PHX.

Is DE Award inventory searchable on ExpertFlyer? If so and you have a subscription you could search there.
I don't have a subscription to ExpertFlyer so don't have any way to verify.
Condor have any other mileage partners I can check availability on? Not sure if it's just Condor not releasing those award seats to anyone, or maybe just not to AS
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
why are there no SFO-FRA flights on Condor availlable using AS miles? The route exists, I can find revenue flights on M, Th, Sa from SFO-FRA from May-Sept.
However when I check AS using miles, the direct flights is not available in any class. Always tries to route me to SEA or PHX then take condor from there to FRA.
DE only loaded the flights for sale yesterday. Give it a couple weeks to show up on the AS site. It took about 6 weeks before the new BA PDX-LHR flights appeared on the AS site for award travel.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07
DE only loaded the flights for sale yesterday. Give it a couple weeks to show up on the AS site. It took about 6 weeks before the new BA PDX-LHR flights appeared on the AS site for award travel.
I see. I wasn't aware they loaded just yesterday I figured since DE has other routes loaded through the summer the SFO-FRA would be loaded by now as well. not sure why that one is taking longer to load (if ever?).
Re: BA PDX-LHR is that something anyone here would be interested in? I presume not given their crazy fees.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
I see. I wasn't aware they loaded just yesterday I figured since DE has other routes loaded through the summer the SFO-FRA would be loaded by now as well. not sure why that one is taking longer to load (if ever?).
Re: BA PDX-LHR is that something anyone here would be interested in? I presume not given their crazy fees.
Surprisingly its more popular than you think.
British Airways Award Flights disappeared
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Because it is a brand new flight that they only announced a couple of days ago.

http://upgradedpoints.com/news/condo...re-us-flights/
Old May 20, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Anyone have any recent data points for how long it takes for revenue DE flights to post to AS?
Old May 20, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Anyone have any recent data points for how long it takes for revenue DE flights to post to AS?
May 2022 - I flew JFK-FRA on Monday, miles posted the following Tuesday (8 days).
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
May 2022 - I flew JFK-FRA on Monday, miles posted the following Tuesday (8 days).
Thanks. I flew 5/11 (Wednesday of last week) and as of today (Friday 5/20) only the AS segment I purchased with the Condor ticket has posted.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Flew SEA-FRA on 14 APR. Miles didn't post within 14 days, so I emailed in receipt and copy of boarding pass. Radio silence from AS for 3 weeks now and still no miles.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebes
Flew SEA-FRA on 14 APR. Miles didn't post within 14 days, so I emailed in receipt and copy of boarding pass. Radio silence from AS for 3 weeks now and still no miles.
I liked your post, but read it as a thank you for sharing your data point. Definitely not liking the experience you are having.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Any of you who have flown DE recently done so on the 330s they added? Report?
Old May 20, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Any of you who have flown DE recently done so on the 330s they added? Report?
Linked a vlog with an A332 J trip report here, it was FRA-PMI so the IFE isn't turned on and the meal service/bedding is obviously different. Does give you a good idea about the hard product.

Condor A330 IFE

You're out of luck for Y/Y+ though.
mildfrequence likes this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 20, 2022 at 4:22 pm
Old May 20, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I saw that too before I asked but thx eponymous_coward
Old May 21, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Anyone have any luck adding your AS number while checking in online with Condor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.