Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2021, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by felicidad76
I have just taken their business class.from sea to fra, and its service was 100 times better to AA or BA. Inflight entertainment, was streaming only. Seats are tilted not 100 percent flat, but food was extraordinary. Not sure about ecconomy class
Surprised they have switched the 767s to streaming. Did they remove all the screens?
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
How long does it take for Condor flight credits to post in Mileage Plan...?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Been a couple of years, but if I recall, I remember our departing flights posting within a few days. Our return flights didnt post and I emailed after waiting a couple of weeks. Once I emailed, they showed up within a couple of days.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Did a search but wanted to double check that it is not possible to use AS miles to book DE on intra-European flights? The website doesn't pull anything, and the award chart doesn't show anything either.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Did a search but wanted to double check that it is not possible to use AS miles to book DE on intra-European flights? The website doesn't pull anything, and the award chart doesn't show anything either.
Didn’t do a ton of searching, but while I can find awards from SEA to PMI via FRA on Condor, the FRA-PMI segment alone on the same day doesn’t seem to be available to book.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan

shows only Aer Lingus and Finnair for Europe to Europe. Maybe BA and Iberia will get added with more OneWorld integration?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Has anyone flown Condor in economy recently? The three economy classes for mileage accumulation on AS don't align with the sale categories anymore. Condor sells "Economy Light;" "Economy Class" while the mileage earnings on AS are Economy Base (50%), Economy Promotion (75%), and Economy Flex (100%). The difference between 50% and 75% accumulation could make or break MVP Gold so I'm trying to figure out if Economy maps at least to Economy Promotion or if I need to buy premium economy.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WarringDanimal
Has anyone flown Condor in economy recently? The three economy classes for mileage accumulation on AS don't align with the sale categories anymore. Condor sells "Economy Light;" "Economy Class" while the mileage earnings on AS are Economy Base (50%), Economy Promotion (75%), and Economy Flex (100%). The difference between 50% and 75% accumulation could make or break MVP Gold so I'm trying to figure out if Economy maps at least to Economy Promotion or if I need to buy premium economy.
Not directly related, but (having only flown DE in premium economy or business) I would never fly them in economy. Even in premium economy the legroom is very bad (for disclosure I'm 6'3").
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankvb
Not directly related, but (having only flown DE in premium economy or business) I would never fly them in economy. Even in premium economy the legroom is very bad (for disclosure I'm 6'3").
Seatguru claims 36” for Premium Economy and 30” for regular economy. PE is really more an extra legroom offering likeEconomy Plus or MCE, while actual Premium Economy products typically have different seats. I was once downgraded from Business to PE on Condor and it wasn’t great. I used to do fine in United E+ across the pond, but nowadays it would pretty much have to be an emergency for me to book anything below a real Premium Economy product. The downsides of aging, I guess

I am looking forward to seeing what Condor will do with their new A330neos.
SF1K likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
DE just loaded their A332 flights FRA-SEA, (ex-EY birds) and what appears to be their 2022 summer schedule. Enjoy the J award space to Europe, kids. Also, be sure to moan loudly about how AS is devaluing, that way it will last a little longer.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
DE just loaded their A332 flights FRA-SEA, (ex-EY birds) and what appears to be their 2022 summer schedule. Enjoy the J award space to Europe, kids. Also, be sure to moan loudly about how AS is devaluing, that way it will last a little longer.
Have we heard about their seat configuration in J, and if it is a new product?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Have we heard about their seat configuration in J, and if it is a new product?
Nope. Per that OMAAT article they don’t get A339neos until fall 2022. I would guess closer to then? Hopefully something nice-ish, like what UA is using?

What we get this year is the old EY product, which from the review Lucky links to seems… perfectly cromulent as a lie-flat for 10 hours to or from Europe, nothing amazing but an improvement over aged 763 recliners?
minhaoxue and mildfrequence like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Looks like May 15th is the magic day?
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG
With the move to the old EY 330's (and soon to be A339 neos), is Condor now the preferred way to hop across the Atlantic using miles? Managed to snag 2 J awards for SEA-FRA in July. Cheaper than AA, and actually has space available!
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by zebes
With the move to the old EY 330's (and soon to be A339 neos), is Condor now the preferred way to hop across the Atlantic using miles? Managed to snag 2 J awards for SEA-FRA in July. Cheaper than AA, and actually has space available!
Condor is great if you are going to FRA but from there you are pretty much on your own if you want to connect anywhere (at least on an award).
frankvb likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Condor is great if you are going to FRA but from there you are pretty much on your own if you want to connect anywhere (at least on an award).
Agreed. A few times I did get a rental car in FRA in order to drive to the Netherlands and Scandinavia. At the time rental cars were significantly cheaper in Germany so it worked out as long as you're going on a longer trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.