Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DUT
Thank you, appreciated.

Hoping Germany protects Condor, it’s great option from Anchorage to Europe!

DUT
As a partner of AS now, I'd like to try this service out. And FI- then I can have a weekend in KEF with the nonstop flight
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
MUNICH/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany has agreed in principle to support struggling carrier Condor with emergency liquidity after the owner of Poland’s national airline LOT pulled out of a deal to buy the airline, two people close to the matter said on Monday.

A 380 million euro ($413.82 million) state bridging loan, that allowed the carrier to be rescued last year, is de facto being extended and Germany will offer an additional 200 million in liquidity, the sources said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22213Z
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
This is enough to get me to not recommend anyone redeem miles for a ticket on Condor past the "emergency liquidity" window. If that even extends past the various travel restrictions in effect. AS would likely cover the miles redemption redeposit, but any pre-paid plans at the other end of the trip would be, at least for me, very unwise while Condor looks for a new buyer or new overall financing.

Sad, though. We had a decent business class Condor flight two years ago using AS miles.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Got this in my email today. No idea how long the funds will last though. https://condor.slgnt.eu/optiext/opti...6%2Biseinufdxo
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
BERLIN (Reuters) - The German government and the federal state of Hesse have agreed to provide Condor with loans worth 550 million euros ($596.31 million), the economy minister said on Monday, after the owner of Poland’s LOT pulled out of a deal to buy the airline.

“The company was operationally healthy and profitable in normal times and has good prospects,” Peter Altmaier said in a statement.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2290Q9
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
just as how Delta has stake at Virgin Atlantic and LATAM, and a few other carriers, I wish Alaska would be gutsy in buying a stake at a foreign airline like Condor.....

I know.... conservation of funds is pretty big right now.....

Jiburi
allthem likes this.

Last edited by jiburi; Apr 28, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jiburi
just as how Delta has stake at Virgin Atlantic and LATAM, and a few other carriers, I wish Alaska would be gutsy in buying a stake at a foreign airline like Condor.....

Jiburi
But how is that 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic working out for Delta right now?

Refineries or oil fields might be cheap right now, too
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Jiburi
It’s pretty bad form to not only take a huge handout from Uncle Sugar and then spend it not to preserve jobs but buy a foreign airline, but to also slap BA, AA and IAG in the face as you’re entering their alliance by deciding to compete for US-EU pax. Which there aren’t a lot of right now.

I would probably say “chutzpah” and “reckless” more than “gutsy”- AS has no special expertise in the German tourist market that Condor specializes in. It sounds like one of those random Qatar or Etihad investments in various airlines... which also turned out to be only one step short of dousing money in Jet-A and setting it on fire.
Old May 3, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
back to topic, earliest return for long-haul Condor flight is now scheduled for June 25 but may change pending German government covid19 health safety directives....

Jiburi
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
back to topic, earliest return for long-haul Condor flight is now scheduled for June 25 but may change pending German government covid19 health safety directives....
I looked for flights on Condor.com for SEA to FRA.

on 5/25 (and other Mondays) I found a flight via MSP. The Condor long haul is “Condor DE2011, operated by Omni Air International”

On 6/26 Condor’s own nonstop returns from/to SEA.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Just booked an award in Y FRA-SEA - tried to select paid seats on Condor site: "We regret to inform you that the online booking of special services is currently unavailable for technical reasons. Please contact our Service Center."
Called, and after a long wait was told that since AS is my "Travel Agent" only they can call to request seat assignments. Bizarre. I told them that wasn't going to happen and there must be some mistake. But apparently this is standard line from Condor? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28354727-post497.html
edit: just saw this upstream:

Originally Posted by tullera
Just in case this is helpful to someone...

Booked a Y redemption for PDX-FRA in July, 2 seats, 25k each, not a great deal but we've got miles to burn. Booked on the AS site no problem, but when I went to get seats on condor.com I got this message every time I logged in with our confirmation code:

We regret to inform you that the booking of special services is currently unavailable for technical reasons.

Called the number on the screen (866-960-7915) and was told they can only assign seats for mileage tickets during 9am-7pm German time. So called back this morning, they had to transfer me, and after about 10 minutes on hold (and some funky hold music, Condor, born to flyyyyyyyyyyyyy) they were able to assign seats, US$77.97 for both.

After many many years of flying from every other west coast city to europe, this will be my first PDX direct. Will report back.

Last edited by spgaston; Jul 20, 2021 at 2:15 pm Reason: found answer in thread
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Are the Condor SEA-FRA flights indeed flying again?

And what's the current earning on paid Condor biz on a FRA roundtrip with the AS EQM promo???
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Platinum Medallion, Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Are the Condor SEA-FRA flights indeed flying again?

And what's the current earning on paid Condor biz on a FRA roundtrip with the AS EQM promo???

Yes they are. I am flying Condor SEA > FRA within the next week. I don't know about EQM promo, but I do know Condor Biz gets 200% earnings.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Ah, the bonus EQMs are just for AS metal. So SEA-FRA-SEA at ~5100 miles yields ~20,400 EQMs from a Condor paid biz r/t (??!!)
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Ah, the bonus EQMs are just for AS metal. So SEA-FRA-SEA at ~5100 miles yields ~20,400 EQMs from a Condor paid biz r/t (??!!)
That’s what I’ve been getting for Condor flights in the past. The seats aren’t great, but when the alternative was some 60k AS miles + $700 for a BA J award, I jumped at the opportunity to earn a bunch of RDM and EQM and skip the LHR experience.
mildfrequence likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.