Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
We just booked two business class seats on Condor from FRA to SEA for next summer (2018). What is the best way to get our AS miles plan numbers on this booking so we get credit? I did not see anyplace for this in the booking process, but maybe it is in MMB if I go back in now? Does it matter that the payment has not posted to my credit card account yet?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by enzian
We just booked two business class seats on Condor from FRA to SEA for next summer (2018). What is the best way to get our AS miles plan numbers on this booking so we get credit? I did not see anyplace for this in the booking process, but maybe it is in MMB if I go back in now? Does it matter that the payment has not posted to my credit card account yet?
Go to the Lufthansa site and pull up the reservation with your Condor PNR. The Condor website has very limited functionality, and I've found I can access my Condor reservation on Lufthansa's far more robust website, probably because of their prior ownership connection and apparently continued connection of the reservation systems.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I couldn't do it on the Condor website. I couldn't do it during OLCI on the Condor website (only Miles&More). Was told by Condor phone reservations that they can't do it. The Condor gate agent at PDX was able to do it for me and printed a boarding pass showing ASxxxxxx correctly. Still the miles did not post automatically. When I submitted the information (reservation, boarding pass) to AS Mileageplan, they posted it incorrectly (75% credit for business class!). Remains to be seen if they will fix it.

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Go to the Lufthansa site and pull up the reservation with your Condor PNR. The Condor website has very limited functionality, and I've found I can access my Condor reservation on Lufthansa's far more robust website, probably because of their prior ownership connection and apparently continued connection of the reservation systems.
I looked at my reservation on the LH site, but didn't see a way to add my AS number. Did that work for you and did the miles post automatically and correctly?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I looked at my reservation on the LH site, but didn't see a way to add my AS number. Did that work for you and did the miles post automatically and correctly?
I'm afraid mine was/is an award ticket so I did not have to enter my AS MP number. I just had to modify other passenger advance info.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, SPG Plat100
I booked a business class award ticket from SEA->FRA->RHO next summer. The Alaska site showed the award as all business (not a mixed award which I've commonly seen for other carriers).

I called DE to get seat assignments on both legs (their website doesn't allow me to pick seats on the award flights). I was able to pick my seat on the SEA->FRA leg which booked as I class. They said that the FRA->RHO leg is booked in Economy class (shows as I class as well), so they couldn't let me pick seats unless I paid a fee.

Doing further research, I found this on the Miles&More site:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...d=2508915&l=en

It appears that I class on short/medium haul flights is Economy and not Business/Premium. I would have expected AS to either have this leg booked into Y class (premium) or at least show it as a mixed class award. Maybe this is a current limitation in the integration between their systems.

I called the Alaska partner award desk to see if there was any way to force the 2nd leg into Y class. They did some research and said it appears that DE isn't currently releasing any premium space to Alaska on intra-Europe short/medium haul flights.

Hopefully AS can update their system in the future to show these as mixed awards.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
I looked at my reservation on the LH site, but didn't see a way to add my AS number.
Same here -- I have a booked flight on Condor for September, and can see all the details on Lufthansa's booking site, but adding a Frequent Flyer "card" brings up a list of programs, none of which are Alaska
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
I can see our reservation on the Lufthansa website but see no option to add our AS mileage numbers. I can try when we check in at the airport, but this flight is from FRA to SEA so maybe they will not be familiar with the partnership details at FRA.

So I assume we can still claim the credit by submitting our boarding passes to AS after the flight? This is Business Class so we are due quite a few---isn't it 3X?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I can see our reservation on the Lufthansa website but see no option to add our AS mileage numbers. I can try when we check in at the airport, but this flight is from FRA to SEA so maybe they will not be familiar with the partnership details at FRA.

So I assume we can still claim the credit by submitting our boarding passes to AS after the flight? This is Business Class so we are due quite a few---isn't it 3X?
4X RDM according to my math. See this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28415171-post123.html

1.5X RDM according to AS MP math. Dispute underway, of course.

When I checked in for the return flight, the Condor agent at Frankfurt without prompting mentioned that my AS number was in the system. There were quite a few PNW "locals" on my flight to PDX.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edit: Looking at EU 261/2004, I am due a 75% refund for the downgrade within seven days.
Well, I'll give them this: the check for the 75% refund arrived in the mail today. Took about eight days after submitting my claim online, and they accepted my math for the amount without haggling. ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Condor to drop San Diego nonstop to Frankfurt

Just two months after debuting its nonstop flight between San Diego and Frankfurt, Condor airlines has decided to end the route by the end of the summer season, it said Monday.

The decision comes a month after German airline Lufthansa announced it would begin a San Diego-Frankfurt route next year that will operate five days a week.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tom911
Sad to see, but not unexpected with LH at 5x a week.

Stings for KSAN with its investment in the route
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tom911
Looks like they're adding SFO and LAX instead:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...routes-in-s18/
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
Looks like they're adding SFO and LAX instead:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...routes-in-s18/
Interesting.

SFO got more service
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by beckoa
Interesting.

SFO got more service
^

Still would be nice if MT eventually became a partner. Their premium economy sounds significantly nicer than DE's...I wouldn't mind flying it during daytime flights.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, BD, SPG, Hilton

Yes, just add it at the airport or submit BPs.

I recently flew SAN-FRA in Premium and my flight did not post, so I had submitted BPs a few weeks later and it went right up. My connecting flight was on LH, and I separately credited that to UA, also without issue after submitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.