Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines Visa - Bank of America Easy Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card

For the last few years, the Bank of America has mailed me a physical postcard reminding me to activate/sign up for "Easy Rewards." Alternatively you can check online and enter info like Last Name, Last 4 of Account, and Zip Code to check open offers. There is usually a new offer each quarter.

Examples of past offers:
-Redeem Miles at Alaskaair.com and Earn 2,500 Bonus Miles

-Earn 2 additional miles per dollar spent on hotels and car rentals

Questions:
Does anyone else know what i am talking about? (BofA customer service is clueless even when I point them to their own activation website. I am also sure it is not fraudulent since the offers have always worked.)

Does anyone have a current offer right now? Ever since my card was replaced due to fraud, my offers have stopped coming in. Haven't seen anything for 2017.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I've had the card almost two years and have only ever been notified about the hotels bonus last fall.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had multiple Alaska cards from BofA the last few years, several of them left open a full year, and I never got anything of this sort.

Nor do I remember reading anything of this sort on FT before.

How long have you had your card open (before the fraud-related replacement)? Perhaps your card has to open for well over a year before you get them?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
I've had the card open for 5+ years. The offers have been there for at least 3 years.

I only discovered this benefit because of a physical post card with a registration code that I received. I have probably tossed more than I have read since it looks like typical bank junk mail. Sometimes a card doesn't show up but I check the registration website anyways to see if there is a current offer. I'm unsure how targeted these offers really are.

BofA registration website:

http://bankofamerica.com/easyrewards
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I checked. Didn't work for me.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
I just tried mine and got the following offer. Too bad it appears to be expired. The odd part is that it shows another section of expired offers - this one not included. My card has been open about 1.5 years.

You will receive a $50 flight discount after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases from the day you activate through December 31, 2016.*

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy all of the benefits your card has to offer.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Anything that requires receiving a card in the regular mail and going online and entering a code cannot be called "easy" by 2017 standards.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:28 am

I know what you are talking about. I have been benefiting the offers since last years.
1) 2500 bonuses for 1250 spending on hotels and rental cars (earned 2 times, and 3rd time is active for my current quarter but I won't get it anyway);
2) $50 gift cert for 1000 spending on alaskaair. (Didn't reach it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.