It's Here, Horizon's New E 175

Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I, for one, would love to see some interior pics.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
When they placed the order they said E175s have better economics on routes over 400 miles (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...t-quar-421088/), and yet so far, all 400, 500, 600+ mile Q400 routes are remaining Q400 while E175s are planned exclusively for new routes. Perhaps that will start to change in 2018 when Q400s start being retired, but sucks for everyone on those routes in the meantime. Every time I've heard someone make a comment to FAs on the PDX-OAK Q400s, they've always had to apologize and say E175s are coming soon! No, they're not ...
There's theoretical and there's reality.

Theoretically, the 175 is a more efficient plane. In reality, they have a choice of upgrading equipment on existing routes or expanding to new routes. With the competitive landscape currently, they're choosing to expand.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ptownca
I, for one, would love to see some interior pics.
yes. Me too. I'm hoping it's not as bland as the SkyWest birds but I don't have high hopes.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
Got upgraded on a SEA-SMF Skywest E175 last week; I was impressed they managed a full meal service in F on that flight (only about 90 minutes). It's like another world compared to the Q400; with all the PR around the post-merger rebranding, hopefully the QX E175s will be as good or better.

On the same trip I happened to spot N620QX on the ground at SMF, during one of the many trips it seems to have made that day (crew familiarization, I am guessing?).
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by apodo77
Favorite FC seat (not including lie flats) in domestic F is 1A on the E175. Great ride when no companion.
Was it officially announced that QX would offer FC products? Horizon, to my knowledge, have never offered FC, no? Somehow, I've always thought it would be an all Y seating aboard any QX flight.

Would you care if your flight was operated by OO or QX?

Jiburi
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
Originally Posted by jiburi
Was it officially announced that QX would offer FC products? Horizon, to my knowledge, have never offered FC, no? Somehow, I've always thought it would be an all Y seating aboard any QX flight.

I wouldn't care, apart from an irrational prejudice for QX as somehow more "homegrown" than OO, but that has nothing to do with anything. And I have no insider knowledge, but if I were AS, I would want the fleet to be standardized as much as possible. It seems like it would be an operational nightmare otherwise.

I vaguely remember reading a piece of AS marketing where they mentioned the ability to offer F as a key advantage of the E175, but I can't find it to back me up. In any case that seems to be the trend post-VX-merger.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jiburi

Jiburi
Yes.

http://www.embraer.com/en-US/Imprens...E175-jets.aspx

The E175s for Horizon Air will feature aerodynamic enhancements introduced by Embraer in 2014, such as new wingtips and other technical improvements that reduce fuel burn. The 76-seat aircraft will be configured in a three-class layout, with 12 first class seats, 16 in premium class, and 48 in the main cabin.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:35 pm

Looks like something broke on N620QX cause it was coming back for OKC to PDX when it diverted to Eugene, then hopped up to PDX. From there it went to Fresno, maybe they thought skywest could fix it, and then back to OKC.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:12 pm

Looks pretty nifty^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
Looks like something broke on N620QX cause it was coming back for OKC to PDX when it diverted to Eugene, then hopped up to PDX. From there it went to Fresno, maybe they thought skywest could fix it, and then back to OKC.
The aircraft is currently undergoing proving runs with the FAA. You'll see it flying all over the place, testing various scenarios, including diversions. Nothing broken.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
Got to enjoy this plane for SEA to PDX on Thursday morning. I'd do first on a 175 over a 737 any day.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by SOCguy
The aircraft is currently undergoing proving runs with the FAA. You'll see it flying all over the place, testing various scenarios, including diversions. Nothing broken.
Thanks for the clarification. I did not think about it being a new type for QX and the FAA wanting to make sure they had a handle on plane ops. I hope to see it does SNA way at some point
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr
Thanks for the clarification. I did not think about it being a new type for QX and the FAA wanting to make sure they had a handle on plane ops. I hope to see it does SNA way at some point
The QX E175 will be operating the SNA-ABQ route when it starts in August.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.