Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Excessive Hold Times for MVPG Reservations Line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Excessive Hold Times for MVPG Reservations Line?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
95 minutes and counting. Time for bed. I guess I will try at the airport in the morning.
The new norm.

I haven't had much luck these days with AS and calling.

The last time I tried to do a callback, the callback took soo long I fell asleep... and missed the call.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
My couple interactions with VX phone staff have been cordial but laughable when compared to AS. Really astonishing how fantastic (and well trained) the AS reps are compared to VX. I smiled and laughed off the VX calls but thought to myself, seriously? They operate an airline with that level of service / knowledge. Oh, brother.
Well VX reps don't actually work for VX, they work for Xerox's BPO call center division or whatever its called. My guess is that's how they started turning a profit. Outsourced everything to the lowest bidder.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
95 minutes and counting. Time for bed. I guess I will try at the airport in the morning.
The "good news" is that soon enough, after an insanely long hold time, when you tell the agent "I've been on hold so long it was still light outside when I called," the reply will be "sir, it is still light outside."
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:35 pm

Just called the regular line — offered a callback in 1 hour 50 minutes!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
The past 3 times I have called in during non weather events and had 30-45 minute holds as a 75K.

I am starting to think that there really is no priority outside of "Elite." I think all elites are in a singular queue, not prioritized by status.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ryandc99
The past 3 times I have called in during non weather events and had 30-45 minute holds as a 75K.

I am starting to think that there really is no priority outside of "Elite." I think all elites are in a singular queue, not prioritized by status.
Agree, doubtful that there is any elite queue prioritizing.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by beckoa
Agree, doubtful that there is any elite queue prioritizing.
Quite frankly, it's a disgrace that they need elite queue prioritizing in the first place. <5 minute holds should be the norm for all elites unless there are extreme IRROPS.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Quite frankly, it's a disgrace that they need elite queue prioritizing in the first place. <5 minute holds should be the norm for all elites unless there are extreme IRROPS.
Never mind elites; until last year, as a non-elite, <5 minute holds was the norm. That may well be why they didn't bother with prioritization amongst elites.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Quite frankly, it's a disgrace that they need elite queue prioritizing in the first place.
It's just not in their blood. AS doesn't think this way, and now that they're getting bigger, they're going to have to start.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
4:30 AM call

Originally Posted by beckoa
The last time I tried to do a callback, the callback took soo long I fell asleep... and missed the call.
I was never offered a call back option during multiple calls last night.

I called at 4:30 AM AK time this morning, 5:30 AM SEA time and was on hold less than 5 minutes and had my issues resolved, so.....call in the middle of the night
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:22 am

I called at 4:30 AM AK time this morning, 5:30 AM SEA time and was on hold less than 5 minutes and had my issues resolved, so.....call in the middle of the night
Glad it was resolved.

Annoying as it was...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I had to call twice today (IT glitch - when I tried to check in for my flight tomorrow, it said my international travel documents were invalid. What? I travelled on the same passport last week and the same passport and KTN have been in my profile for 6 years. And they are showing on the res but the system is kicking it back. But I digress).

First time, I got the option for a call back in 38-43 minutes. I think it took a bit longer than that, closer to an hour, I'd say. The rep thought she fixed it but I had to call back again. This time, no option for a callback but the wait was a bit quicker - was on hold for about half an hour or so.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by mroseman13
I typically call the MVP/Gold line with my recognized number and the standard line with a work phone simultaneously. Surprisingly, my call to the standard line is often answered immediately, while the MVP/Gold usually has a wait.
As a non-elite, can confirm standard line I've only had to wait once out of three times and it was only five minutes. Customer care went straight through as well. Twitter rep has got back to me within the hour, and another rep answered my question the next day. Not bad at all for a top six airline.

You think a unknown number gets bumped up in the queue? That would be interesting.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |

But there are different call centers correct? Or is the elite number confined to one location?

Night!? 4 am that's a prime time to hit the road for a good fishing spot.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Originally Posted by channa
It's just not in their blood. AS doesn't think this way, and now that they're getting bigger, they're going to have to start.
I can't see AS prioritizing the phone queue by elite status. They rarely even prioritize elite groups during the boarding process. All elites MVPs, Gold, 75k, partners, people wearing Russel Wilson jerseys are all lumped together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.