Wiki Posts
Search

Juneau Stopovers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Juneau Stopovers

So, I recently decided to transfer some SPG points over to AS in order to get in on an easier-to-book Alaska itinerary than going through my usual Delta SkyMiles route. To that, I'm trying to work out some of the rules for booking stopovers on Awards.

So, I see where there is an exception in the rules for stopovers, allowing for stops in Southeast Alaska. It also appears that you can have a stopover anywhere as long as all the flights are on AS.

I've been successful in constructing some stopovers where all of my return legs are on AS, but not at all if I have a DL segment. All the AS destinations near me are 5-6 hours away (MSY, ATL, MCO, TPA) and I'm trying to use a DL leg ATL-ECP on my award.

Can I do this and take advantage of the stopover in JNU because of the exception? Or am I still limited to only stopovers as long as all the segments are on AS?

I've never really delved into Mileage Plan before, so I feel a bit lost.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Only pure Alaska awards allow a stopover on domestic itineraries.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Ah, that's what I feared! Oh well, just means that I'll book myself a one way Delta award from one of the AS destinations to get me back home. I was hoping that that maybe the the exception for Juneau would give me an easy way around that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.