Community
Wiki Posts
Search

crediting AF/KLM miles to Alaska...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

crediting AF/KLM miles to Alaska...

... if my ticket number begins 006 (i.e. delta ticketed) but flight number is AF/KL (not 4-digit DL code share), can I still credit miles from AF/KL flight to Alaska?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Usually yes, but it won't happen automatically, and you'll need to request missing miles later. YMMV.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
... if my ticket number begins 006 (i.e. delta ticketed) but flight number is AF/KL (not 4-digit DL code share), can I still credit miles from AF/KL flight to Alaska?
It depends.

(We really need a "official AS codeshare partner credit wiki thread" because this question gets asked over and over and over and over again: "I have an XX operated/YY marketed flight, will I get AS credit?")

Officially, no:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ir-france.aspx

(emphasis added)

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below and be marketed and operated by Air France.
In practice, when the marketing carrier is an AS partner and the operating carrier is also an AS partner, it has worked when people send in BPs (many many reports of this in the forum). But the rules give AS an out to say "no credit".

I wouldn't count on this working past May 1 when then AS/DL partnership goes pffft, though.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It depends.

(We really need a "official AS codeshare partner credit wiki thread" because this question gets asked over and over and over and over again: "I have an XX operated/YY marketed flight, will I get AS credit?")

Officially, no:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ir-france.aspx

(emphasis added)

In practice, when the marketing carrier is an AS partner and the operating carrier is also an AS partner, it has worked when people send in BPs (many many reports of this in the forum). But the rules give AS an out to say "no credit".

I wouldn't count on this working past May 1 when then AS/DL partnership goes pffft, though.
If the flight number is AF/KL, that means the flight is marketed by AF/KL, right?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the flight number is AF/KL, that means the flight is marketed by AF/KL, right?
No.

Marketed by = ticket issued by (in your case, 006 ticket, so DL)

Operated by = fly the plane (in your case, AF/KL)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No.

Marketed by = ticket issued by (in your case, 006 ticket, so DL)

Operated by = fly the plane (in your case, AF/KL)
Nope, marketing carrier is indicated by two letter carrier code on the flight number. 006 simply means that DL is ticketing carrier -- and that's all. As long as the flight is operated by AF/KL and AF/KL coded, it should earn miles.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Nope, marketing carrier is indicated by two letter carrier code on the flight number. 006 simply means that DL is ticketing carrier -- and that's all. As long as the flight is operated by AF/KL and AF/KL coded, it should earn miles.
so, as long as the flight number is AF/KL, it doesn't matter if the ticket number starts with 006, and I can still credit AF/KL miles to Alaska?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
so, as long as the flight number is AF/KL, it doesn't matter if the ticket number starts with 006, and I can still credit AF/KL miles to Alaska?
Provided it's within the eligible flight number ranges - for example, KL 200-209 or 400-2369. KL-coded codeshares on another operating carrier are not eligible.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had one of these in December and changed it to my AS number at the checkin counter. The flights ended up crediting to Delta. I emailed the boarding passes to AS and they gave me miles too.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
I had one of these in December and changed it to my AS number at the checkin counter. The flights ended up crediting to Delta. I emailed the boarding passes to AS and they gave me miles too.
The ol' double dip.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
Are you implying that Delta tickets will still get miles on AS after 5/1 as long as they are issued for AF/KL flights?

I would think otherwise...
Old May 1, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat
KLM operated but DL flight number?

I think the answer to this question is 'no', but I thought I would see if anyone found a solution to this problem. I flew in March on KLM on KL506 from SFO to AMS. The ticket was DL ticket stock (006) and with a DL flight number (DL9381). The boarding pass from KLM also listed the DL flight number, not the KLM flight number. After the flights, I put in a request to Mileage Plan, and they gave me credit for my return flights (DL flight number and DL metal) but not my outbound flights on KLM. Any chance I will be successful in getting Mileage Plan to give me credit for the flights?
Old May 2, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by car94102
I think the answer to this question is 'no', but I thought I would see if anyone found a solution to this problem. I flew in March on KLM on KL506 from SFO to AMS. The ticket was DL ticket stock (006) and with a DL flight number (DL9381). The boarding pass from KLM also listed the DL flight number, not the KLM flight number. After the flights, I put in a request to Mileage Plan, and they gave me credit for my return flights (DL flight number and DL metal) but not my outbound flights on KLM. Any chance I will be successful in getting Mileage Plan to give me credit for the flights?
Many people have been successful in requesting credit when both the codeshare and operating carriers are both AS partners, which DL was at the time. Strictly speaking AS' policy doesn't give credit in those scenarios but most peoples' experience, including my own have been favorable. I'd follow up and emphasize the operating carrier flight number and ticket class since that's the one that would apply.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:03 pm

Are you implying that Delta tickets will still get miles on AS after 5/1 as long as they are issued for AF/KL flights?

Hmm, I think I would expect the same as LBJ, in the same way that I would expect to earn for BA*BA on a Qatar-issued ticket, or AF*AF on an Alitalia-issued ticket.

So long as the marketing (code) and operating (metal) carrier is AF or KL, why would the ticket number make a difference?
Old May 2, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

Why wouldn't they? Hell, you can get AS miles on AA marketed/operated flights on ticket stock issued by UA.

It doesn't matter who issues the ticket, in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.