Community
Wiki Posts
Search

crediting AF/KLM miles to Alaska...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat
AF 871 not eligible for AS credit?

I have a trip CPT CDG YYZ on AF. CPT CDG is AF 871. According to the AS web site this flight number is not eligible for AS mileage credit. Is this correct? KLM 597 AMS CPT gets credited on the way down, so it doesn't appear to be a routing rule. Trying to decide whether to credit to AS or DL.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
The eligible flight number ranges for partners tend to get out of date quickly, and for whatever reason it does seem to be particularly complex for AF. If your flight isn't immediate, perhaps contact Mileage Plan and ask them to update the range, since 871 certainly should be eligible. Might be easier than convincing them to credit it after the fact if it doesn't automatically post.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kieron
The eligible flight number ranges for partners tend to get out of date quickly, and for whatever reason it does seem to be particularly complex for AF. If your flight isn't immediate, perhaps contact Mileage Plan and ask them to update the range, since 871 certainly should be eligible. Might be easier than convincing them to credit it after the fact if it doesn't automatically post.
Called AS and they said it is actually AF who updates the flight number ranges. AS has no control over which fights AF wishes to allow AS mileage credit on. I will call AF.

Last edited by economyplusfan; Sep 13, 2017 at 3:48 pm Reason: Corrected DL to AS
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Called AS and they said it is actually AF who updates the flight number ranges. DL has no control over which fights AF wishes to allow AS mileage credit on. I will call AF.
Maybe @missydarlin can get this to right folks at AS to get updated ranges from AF?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:05 am

@economyplusfan Did you ever get any more information on this? I just took the round trip from CDG-CPT-CDG and didn't even notice the CPT-CDG return flight (AF 871) didn't count until I emailed Alaska Mileage Plan about the missing miles. I was counting on those miles to make 75k. Really frustrating CDG-CPT counts for miles, but the reverse doesn't.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by pal02
@economyplusfan Did you ever get any more information on this? I just took the round trip from CDG-CPT-CDG and didn't even notice the CPT-CDG return flight (AF 871) didn't count until I emailed Alaska Mileage Plan about the missing miles. I was counting on those miles to make 75k. Really frustrating CDG-CPT counts for miles, but the reverse doesn't.
Nope. In fact, zero miles have posted to my my Alaska account so far (30 days after the trip ended). I am in the process of photocopying ticket receipt and boarding passes and sending to AS for credit. We'll see what they do with that.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:38 am

I added my MP number when I checked in and 3 out of 4 legs posted automatically within a week. I emailed about the CPT-CDG AF 871 and this was their reply:

December 2, 2017

Dear pal02,

Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care. We apologize for the inconvenience. Upon reviewing the documents provided, we were unable to credit your travel for the flight AF 871. Due to the flight number not being eligible. For additional information regarding flight numbers that would qualify for credit to your Alaska Airlines mileage I have included a link below:

[Link to partner earning for AF]

Sincerely,
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:01 pm

I would call in and talk to a live rep and ask for escalation if it's denied. Seems clear this is yet another case of AS not updating the partner flight # range.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:21 pm

Thanks rustykettel for the advice and the welcome! I'll give AS a call and ask for escalation. Looks like @economyplusfan already called back in September but they told him it was AF that controls those eligible flight numbers. Hopefully that was just a mistaken rep.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by pal02
Thanks rustykettel for the advice and the welcome! I'll give AS a call and ask for escalation. Looks like @economyplusfan already called back in September but they told him it was AF that controls those eligible flight numbers. Hopefully that was just a mistaken rep.
Well, it probably is but at the same time AS may have received updated flight numbers and never changed the website/rep's info, or the partner could have forgotten to provide an update. Either way, that's something AS' partner staff (@missydarlin; called it the loyalty team in another thread) should be able to work out with the partner. It would be very strange that CPT-CDG is intended to be non-earning while CDG-CPT is.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Well, it probably is but at the same time AS may have received updated flight numbers and never changed the website/rep's info, or the partner could have forgotten to provide an update. Either way, that's something AS' partner staff (@missydarlin; called it the loyalty team in another thread) should be able to work out with the partner. It would be very strange that CPT-CDG is intended to be non-earning while CDG-CPT is.
Agree something needs updated, unless AS doesn't want you to return from CPT
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Agree something needs updated, unless AS doesn't want you to return from CPT
I called in and when the rep went to a supervisor they still wouldn't budge. The rep did say she would "put in a request" and took down my name and email. Considering the ill-timed announcement today about the AF/KLM partnership ending, the outcome of this seems quite grim to me. Without this flight I'll be short MVPG 75K by 750 miles! I think it's time for me to look for a cheap American Eagle flight on the East Coast before year's end...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL Diamond, AF Plat, AS 75K, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, SPG Gold
I've done this multiple times in the past through milage request.

I always request miles be it DL, AF or AS. I never put any frequent traveller numbers down b/c I don't know which programme I want to assign to until later.

Usually when I purchase KL marketed and operated flight through AMEX IAP the ticket number comes through beginning in 006 and card charged by DL in Atlanta. There was even an occasion where I purchase on KLM.com and the ticket number still started with 006. I think this is due to the extensive partnership between DL and AF/KL. All my compensation, flight changes, etc due to IRROP on AF/KL were paid and handled by DL.

AS never gave me much of a hard time when I send in my bp and receipts.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Nope. In fact, zero miles have posted to my my Alaska account so far (30 days after the trip ended). I am in the process of photocopying ticket receipt and boarding passes and sending to AS for credit. We'll see what they do with that.
Update: Mail-in request to AS for mileage credit resulted in three of the four flights on KLM/AF crediting after about 3 weeks. AF 871 (CPT-CDG) did not credit, exactly as we suspected given that AS does not list that flight number as allowable for credit. I sent in a mileage credit request to DL for AF 871. We'll see what happens there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.