Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
Boy, yeah, that would tick me off - how do they even know you have some singles in your pocket for tips when you're only going through the metal detector??
I agree that everything out is overdoing it. However, simplifying it to everything for the infrequent travelers should help speed up the line. I haven't had issues going through with cash even when that was stated. I figure that that's better than waiting behind the couple who insist on asking "is XX okay?" for everything on their body.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Turned away Saturday about 5 pm from the C lounge at SEA, which surprised me. No sign at the door, and lounge appeared to be at most half full. Agent was one of those who seem to take a lot of pleasure in saying no - a species I haven't seen much of at AS in the past - but explained the lack of a sign by saying that they're putting it out only when all three lounges are full. Sent us to D, which was almost empty and admitted us with no problem, and with a more AS-like check-in experience. Maybe now they're trying to reserve the new lounge for members and send the Priority Pass riff-raff elsewhere?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
LAX Sunday (noon)

Concourse was fairly busy, so was prepared to be turned away, but welcomed in with an apology that they were running PP the old fashioned way (carbons). Club fairly full (roughly half).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I agree that everything out is overdoing it. However, simplifying it to everything for the infrequent travelers should help speed up the line. I haven't had issues going through with cash even when that was stated. I figure that that's better than waiting behind the couple who insist on asking "is XX okay?" for everything on their body.
I keep waiting for someone to ask if they have to take off their pants? Oh , I think of this when someone asks about their belt, and watch and shoes and etc.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, Delta, Hilton
9/22/17 LAX 10am Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Sign out at PDX AL at 3:45pm today. Don't believe it was there where I walked by shortly before 3pm.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
So who are all these people who actually buy Boardroom memberships that are crowding it so badly? We've been in several times (in ages past, when buying an F companion fare counted ) and honestly, it's not all that. While it may be a little more comfortable, if you want a drink go to a bar and buy a drink, if you want to eat something other than pancakes, soup, or veggies and dip, do it...we toyed with the idea of buying a membership, but the value is just not there. I think for the 2 of us, even with the Gold pricing, it would be something like $700 for the year?

Of course if my company was picking up the tab I might feel differently, but to pay for a membership out of pocket? no.

And we also have Priority Pass with our credit card...even if no sign was out, $40+ dollars for the two of us? no again.

I guess I'm just cheap.
jackal and mhdena like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
So who are all these people who actually buy Boardroom memberships that are crowding it so badly? We've been in several times (in ages past, when buying an F companion fare counted ) and honestly, it's not all that. While it may be a little more comfortable, if you want a drink go to a bar and buy a drink, if you want to eat something other than pancakes, soup, or veggies and dip, do it...we toyed with the idea of buying a membership, but the value is just not there. I think for the 2 of us, even with the Gold pricing, it would be something like $700 for the year?

Of course if my company was picking up the tab I might feel differently, but to pay for a membership out of pocket? no.

And we also have Priority Pass with our credit card...even if no sign was out, $40+ dollars for the two of us? no again.

I guess I'm just cheap.
as mvpg75 I pay for it as I get access to admirals clubs as well. It's a great price for the product. We always complain to limit pp so it is less crowded in PDX so do ally They Are doing.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by felicidad76
as mvpg75 I pay for it as I get access to admirals clubs as well. It's a great price for the product. We always complain to limit pp so it is less crowded in PDX so do ally They Are doing.
There's a combo AS/AA membership?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
There's a combo AS/AA membership?
AS membership offers access to AA AC's when flying either airline and vice versa.

For what it is worth, my AA AC membership seems to work more consistently to access Alaska Clubs/BRs than my Priority Pass card. When approaching the gate keepers I show all of my cards (AA AC, DL SC, UA UC, PP) and ask what card they prefer today.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
AS membership offers access to AA AC's when flying either airline and vice versa.

For what it is worth, my AA AC membership seems to work more consistently to access Alaska Clubs/BRs than my Priority Pass card. When approaching the gate keepers I show all of my cards (AA AC, DL SC, UA UC, PP) and ask what card they prefer today.
Just brought me back to my former life before my husband retired and we lived in the New York area and then LA, we were Admiral's Club members back then, and I don't know if things have changed (he's been retired almost 20 years) but we always loved the Admiral's Clubs. They just always seemed more substantial (if you know what I mean) than the BRs.

I'll have to look into what an AC membership costs these days...we are LT MM Gold with AA, which meant more when it happened than I bet it means these days.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by felicidad76
So, now we know who is behind PP policy in AS Lounge?🤔 (Just kidding, but interesting you would admit to always complaining about PP members)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth, my AA AC membership seems to work more consistently to access Alaska Clubs/BRs than my Priority Pass card.
Agreed. I don't even try my PP anymore.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle

I guess I'm just cheap.
For me, it is all about having a nice place to work (desk, wifi, and power) and possibly relax with an adult beverage (or three) and light snack such as soup or veggies before my return flights to SEA, or a place to grab a yoghurt or oatmeal and coffee before a trip that is leaving from SEA. At the airports without an AS lounge, there is often a partner lounge I have access to use with similar amenities. At places like ORD it is wonderful to have access to the Admirals club compared to the chaos at the gates. The lounges at airports make the time I spend in airports doable as I often end up back at an airport with 2+hrs before my return home flight. My husband is purely a leisure traveller and he loves going to the lounges or clubs just as a perk he gets from all my business travel.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by ctporter
My husband is purely a leisure traveller and he loves going to the lounges or clubs just as a perk he gets from all my business travel.
Completely agree - if we could have a membership expensed through work or similar we'd be there all the time - paying for a full membership out of pocket, or on an as you go basis, just don't see the value for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.