Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by virginflightshavedoom
What's crazier is I was told there's no limits on transactions. She urged me to make my $56 worth of selections and eat them. Then come back 10 minutes later and load up on snacks, wine or beer to go. Claimed a couple did it 5 times over an hour once. Also stated the program and abuse have been going on for 3 weeks and no one has shut it down.
This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
This is why we can't have nice things.
Ding ding ding
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Was denied 8/7/2017 PDX 12pm Lounge next to C4 as sign was out rejecting priority pass.

Big Capers news though.

Went to D terminal for Capers $28 voucher program for PriorityPass. Asked sales associate and she explained that it's $28 pp and per guest. So two people get $56! Make friends at the bar, they are your guests and $28pp.

What's crazier is I was told there's no limits on transactions. She urged me to make my $56 worth of selections and eat them. Then come back 10 minutes later and load up on snacks, wine or beer to go. Claimed a couple did it 5 times over an hour once. Also stated the program and abuse have been going on for 3 weeks and no one has shut it down.

Read the fine print and I don't see anything saying limit once per day.

Personally I made one purchase for $53 with a guest and walked away paying nothing.
On the contrary, counter service at Capers on Friday night told me it was $28/day, no matter the location.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Happy
I so wish PP would have same set up at SEA with the F&B providers like they now have at PDX. To me that is a much better benefit than getting into the AS lounges.
They already have two locations of The Club at SEA so it's hard to imagine PP adding more at SEA. There's too many major airports where they have nothing (SLC, DEN, OAK, DTW...).
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by 91foxbody
On the contrary, counter service at Capers on Friday night told me it was $28/day, no matter the location.
Let's hope that this is now the rule, so the abusers don't get this handsome benefit shut down.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
Let's hope that this is now the rule, so the abusers don't get this handsome benefit shut down.
Agree.

I'd like to try this place out in a few weeks. Don't want to miss out due to others extravagance.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Unfortunately, the nice DL lounge by the A-Gates (next to the Seattle Taproom) does not feature the Beecher's Mac & Cheese, only the pretty nasty marinara pasta.

The S-gates Delta SC is the only lounge in SEA to feature the Beecher's. Kind of a bummer, I know...
So that's what I did wrong. And I spent too much time in the AMEX lounge (well, they do have better food). Went right by the lounge waiting for our AMS flight to board too.

That marinara pasta truly was dreadful.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by dayone
That would be nice since this problem goes both ways. I went there on Friday and picked up about $26 in food. They checked me out as two guests anyway.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Was denied 8/7/2017 PDX 12pm Lounge next to C4 as sign was out rejecting priority pass.

Big Capers news though.

Went to D terminal for Capers $28 voucher program for PriorityPass. Asked sales associate and she explained that it's $28 pp and per guest. So two people get $56! Make friends at the bar, they are your guests and $28pp.

Read the fine print and I don't see anything saying limit once per day.

Personally I made one purchase for $53 with a guest and walked away paying nothing.
I noticed that the Priority Pass website has been updated to reflect the new guest policy (effective August 7th)...you can now bring two guests. I must admit that going from no guests to two guests while they are still regularly turning away PP members themselves seems odd.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-Alaska-Lounge

Last edited by PDXPremier; Aug 8, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
2 guests but....

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I noticed that the Priority Pass website has been updated to reflect the new guest policy (effective August 7th)...you can now bring two guests. I must admit that going from no guests to two guests while they are still regularly turning away PP members themselves seems odd.
DOC blog also mentioned the new policy. But agree that it's worthless if they won't let you in in the first place because of capacity controls. We'll see how this plays out.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by philemer
DOC blog also mentioned the new policy. But agree that it's worthless if they won't let you in in the first place because of capacity controls. We'll see how this plays out.
I think we'll get turned away a lot.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Unfortunately, the nice DL lounge by the A-Gates (next to the Seattle Taproom) does not feature the Beecher's Mac & Cheese, only the pretty nasty marinara pasta.

The S-gates Delta SC is the only lounge in SEA to feature the Beecher's. Kind of a bummer, I know...
I've had the Beecher's at the DL SC in A. Several times.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by philemer
I don't see it as worthless. When they do allow PP members in, it is nice to be able to bring in a spouse at least!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
It was actually nice when the AL's weren't allowing PP members in. I have both memberships. The current AL lounges were designed to accommodate AL membership levels of yesteryear. The growth of AS to more markets, the acquisition of VX and the lack of additional AL's or expansion thereof outside of SEA's C Concourse is diminishing the Lounge experience and the value of a membership.

PDX is a problem. As a paid member, two weeks ago I had to leave (mid-day) - not a single seat to be found. Literally SRO. This includes the cubicles and the glassed-in mini-rooms in the back. Atrocious.

Yes, did report to AlaskaListens and received a disc code () but that doesn't solve the underlying problem.

The PDX AL is going to only get worse, unless they significantly enlarge this space or rethink access policies.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
The DL A SC is huge- but find it impersonal. Like a giant warehouse
Costco is huge- but find it impersonal. Like a giant warehouse.

I like Walmart much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.