Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Was she willing to let you use a 75K pass? How crowded was the lounge?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:58 pm

Denied entry as PP last Friday 2/10 at 4PM at the D Board Room. This surprised me as the airport was dead at that time. We were through security in 5 minutes. Was told we could use the N Alaska Lounge if we wanted. As we were flying out of C, we trekked all the way to the club at Sea at the end of A terminal. Very nice club with better snacks. Enjoyed the soup, bread, wasabi peas, and chips.
When we returned on Thursday at 7 AM noted that the sign was out front of the D lounge again.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Sat 2/18
PP was being accepted when I arrived at the D lounge at 6:20am.
When I left at 7:20, the sign was out front and PP was not being accepted.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
New guest limit in PP conditions for SEA BRs

Just noticed something when looking at the Priority Pass conditions for the SEA Board Rooms:

There's now a limit on the number of guests each PP cardholder can bring. "Limited to two guests per cardholder" has been inserted into the conditions.

I know this because I haven't yet updated the Priority Pass app's lounge data (despite its prompting) and neither one of the SEA Board Rooms has that line in the conditions. See the screencap at the bottom, which is from the Concourse D Board Room description on the app. There is the standard "Access may be restricted due to space constraints" language but no mention of guest limits.

Meanwhile the Priority Pass website now has a line limiting to two guests inserted into each of the conditions sections for the lounges.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS
I suspect this will continue to be devalued until only cardholder will be admitted.
Too bad if this happens.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I heard them mentioning this at the PDX board room last week to almost everyone entering (they must have all been on PP). My PP ran out at the end of last year, and I bought an admirals club membership, and they didn't mention anything to me about restrictions due to space.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:24 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Was she willing to let you use a 75K pass? How crowded was the lounge?
Yea it appeared she would have let me use a 75k pass. There was no sign saying otherwise. The lounge was packed in N with people everywhere even with people Sitting on the entry way bench.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ryandc99
The lounge was packed in N
The C lounge cannot open soon enough.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Too bad. Was fun guesting in my family when traveling (3 other pax). They forgot their PP cards.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by infinite97
I heard them mentioning this at the PDX board room last week to almost everyone entering (they must have all been on PP). My PP ran out at the end of last year, and I bought an admirals club membership, and they didn't mention anything to me about restrictions due to space.
They had the sign out at PDX this morning...a Saturday morning...first time I've seen it....If the sign is now going to be up 90% of the time, they probably should just quit being a Priority Pass lounge...I sent a note to Alaska Listens about it.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
They had the sign out at PDX this morning...a Saturday morning...first time I've seen it....If the sign is now going to be up 90% of the time, they probably should just quit being a Priority Pass lounge...I sent a note to Alaska Listens about it.
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I think I agree with the suggestion that the Alaska Lounge should consider discontinuing association with Priority Pass.

Overcrowding in the BRs/ALs - along with the lackluster food and beverage offerings - was of the reasons I declined to renew my Board Room membership in December. It simply wasn't worth the frustration.

If they could fix those problems, then renewing my Board Room/Alaska Lounge membership might make more sense to me. A sense of exclusivity coupled with reduced crowding would both add value to the AS BR/AL membership - and better food wouldn't hurt.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I think I agree with the suggestion that the Alaska Lounge should consider discontinuing association with Priority Pass.
The lounge agent assured me the restriction was only temporary until the new C terminal BR opens (at least at SEA). We will see...
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dmodemd
The lounge agent assured me the restriction was only temporary until the new C terminal BR opens (at least at SEA). We will see...
Assuming folks can find the lounge.

It might be our own private lounge for a while
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
I suspect this will continue to be devalued until only cardholder will be admitted.
Too bad if this happens.
If you have PP from AMEX Plat (as I do), then there are no free guests allowed in the Alaska Lounge anyway....I always have to use the Club at Sea or the Centurion Studio if my kids are traveling with me.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Overcrowding in the BRs/ALs - along with the lackluster food and beverage offerings - was of the reasons I declined to renew my Board Room membership in December. It simply wasn't worth the frustration.

If they could fix those problems, then renewing my Board Room/Alaska Lounge membership might make more sense to me. A sense of exclusivity coupled with reduced crowding would both add value to the AS BR/AL membership - and better food wouldn't hurt.
As a PP person, I really think AS should discontinue their relationship with PP if the signs are going to be out more than 50% of the time as seems to be the case now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.