Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Actually if you are a BR member you can bring your family into the Lounge.
I neglected to mention that I use the BR with my PP membership.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I bring my kids into the SEA BR on PP. It depends on where you got PP as to the guest policy. The one with Citi Prestige includes all immediate family I believe and the one with Chase Sapphire Reserve has an unlimited guest policy. If you buy PP directly, guest policy is much more restricted I believe.

Of course, now if you being in a hoarde they may look a little more closely at how full they are
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I bring my kids into the SEA BR on PP. It depends on where you got PP as to the guest policy. The one with Citi Prestige includes all immediate family I believe and the one with Chase Sapphire Reserve has an unlimited guest policy. If you buy PP directly, guest policy is much more restricted I believe.

Of course, now if you being in a hoarde they may look a little more closely at how full they are
I get PP from AMEX Plat so guests are not free at the AS BR but at The Club lounges, the kids are free.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I get PP from AMEX Plat so guests are not free at the AS BR but at The Club lounges, the kids are free.
I think The Club lounges are owned by PP, so they're a bit more lenient.

I had one Club lounge where they were just booting up and their computers weren't ready, and the lounge attendant just let us in without swiping our cards. No way that would have happened at another lounge where there's revenue at stake.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AA PLT, DL GM, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD, SPG GLD
I wonder if the BR considers the version of the PP when making their decision?

OT a little bit here, but fwiw Lucky did a recent writeup with a chart comparing the different PP flavors that come with various credit cards. Hopefully useful for someone stumbling across this discussion and considering their options: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...pass-benefits/
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AS
Yesterday (2/9) at D SEA AS Lounge. Arrived 3:30pm at Lounge.
While checking in, I noticed others trying to enter with PP. (about 6 and all had PP)
They were told "not this afternoon" due to space restraints. Some had AS boarding passes, others not. They were told to "try" lounge in N Terminal or come back in an hour and try again.
.A women came in and asked if she could buy Day Pass. "Absolutely" was the answer.
I think the impact of many getting new premium CC with PP is having an impact on lounges.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Priority Pass is becoming Standby Pass
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
Yesterday (2/9) at D SEA AS Lounge. Arrived 3:30pm at Lounge.
While checking in, I noticed others trying to enter with PP. (about 6 and all had PP)
They were told "not this afternoon" due to space restraints. Some had AS boarding passes, others not. They were told to "try" lounge in N Terminal or come back in an hour and try again.
.A women came in and asked if she could buy Day Pass. "Absolutely" was the answer.
I think the impact of many getting new premium CC with PP is having an impact on lounges.
So they can sell a Day Pass that 100% of the $ goes to them versus they get less from billing PP.

This capacity control thing has made PP worthless in the domestic market when the airline lounges are far more crowded and hardly any PP's 3rd party lounges exist.

Would be interesting to see how the attrition rare would be come August when the first huge wave of Chase cardholders 2nd anniversary rolls around and the cardholders realize the StandBy Pass is pretty worthless.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
They wouldn't even sell me a day pass last Monday (the 6th) during the snow storm. I had to burn up a 75k pass to get in.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by IStream
They wouldn't even sell me a day pass last Monday (the 6th) during the snow storm. I had to burn up a 75k pass to get in.
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to use a pass you already have (vs buying another one)?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be in SEA next month so I'm interested to check out the lounge scene. My inbound is on DL so I can check out their snazzy new lounge for a bit, and outbound is on AS so I'll be using my PP card at the BR.

Originally Posted by Happy
Would be interesting to see how the attrition rare would be come August when the first huge wave of Chase cardholders 2nd anniversary rolls around and the cardholders realize the StandBy Pass is pretty worthless.
It also coincides (well only 1 month apart) with the Citi Prestige benefit devaluation kicking in, so that might flush out another group of people.

I think many of the Chase CSR cardholders will disappear with the 2nd anniversary and annual fee, especially among the $30k millionaire/reddit/newbie crowd.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

Centurion Lounge at SeaTac will let minors in with parents for free. Of course, that's become way more crowded than the BR.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
[QUOTE=dmodemd;27867954] It depends on where you got PP as to the guest policy. The one with Citi Prestige includes all immediate family I believe and the one with Chase Sapphire Reserve has an unlimited guest policy.

Gary Left wrote a blog saying that the Reserve card allows lounge "discretion" for companions which is why he suggested, and I bought, a secondary card for my wife which costs $75/year on top of the $450/year for the first Reserve card.

If PP is worthless, I'll drop the Reserve card before it renews as I've already got my $300 of "travel" spent this year.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by QT31415
Centurion Lounge at SeaTac will let minors in with parents for free. Of course, that's become way more crowded than the BR.
Due for a 50% expansion to open in April. One month before AS' expansion in May [C BR]

(annoyed I forgot to take the elevator up from the C gates on Tuesday- wanted to see if there was anything visible)
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to use a pass you already have (vs buying another one)?
It was business travel and my company would pay for a pass, which would let me save my ecerts for my pleasure travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.