Anybody else utilize AS surveys on e-rewards?

Old Feb 2, 17, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Anybody else utilize AS surveys on e-rewards?

Signed up last week and already did two surveys, good enough for $8. Takes $25 to transfer 500 miles. The only setback I see is that the miles do not count towards MVP/MVP Gold tier status.

Just got a free 250 miles for opening the account? This seems a little to good to be true, like MyVegasRewards.
Old Feb 2, 17, 1:55 pm

It's true. I signed up for E Rewards probably 15 years ago when I was in college and working a part-time admin job where I sat in front of a computer and had a lot of free time. Did that and MyPoints and got a lot of free gift cards for gas and other things that were fantastic for a poor student.

My old E Rewards account was closed who knows how long ago but I reopened for the AS bonus and have been racking up the $$ while listening in on conference calls or eating lunch at my desk.
Old Feb 2, 17, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
My old E Rewards account was closed who knows how long ago but I reopened for the AS bonus and have been racking up the $$ while listening in on conference calls or eating lunch at my desk.
I'd rather read FT threads or learn things elsewhere. Has a much greater ROI and isn't as mind numbing.
Old Feb 2, 17, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
It's true. I signed up for E Rewards probably 15 years ago when I was in college and working a part-time admin job where I sat in front of a computer and had a lot of free time. Did that and MyPoints and got a lot of free gift cards for gas and other things that were fantastic for a poor student.

There should be a booklet handed out when you turn 18, listing all the things you should be doing, and could do to make your life easier!
Old Feb 2, 17, 7:34 pm

I don't know how many nights as a 20 year old I said to myself "Well, I guess what's for dinner is whatever this Target gift card gets me". The joys of putting yourself through school. Character building... sure, I'll go with that.
Old Feb 5, 17, 5:19 am
Original Poster

For anybody wondering about doing this or getting back into it, in less than a week I got 250 miles for the first survey done and now 500 miles for a 10/30 minute survey usually everyday (less than a week and I already earned my first reward!).
Old Feb 5, 17, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS DL
Very time consuming but e-Rewards and Opinion Place are possibilities if you have to extend the validity on your AS, WN, UA, or other airline frequent flyer programs
Old Feb 5, 17, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toshbaf View Post
Very time consuming but e-Rewards and Opinion Place are possibilities if you have to extend the validity on your AS, WN, UA, or other airline frequent flyer programs
MyPoints (surveys, videos, actually buying things) is connected to AA. I wouldn't bother though, the time spent is ridiculous for rewards.

Time consuming? The time you spend on the can everyday, you can be earning miles for AS.
Old Feb 6, 17, 12:14 am

Programs: DL FO
I do. I fill out several surveys all month long and I usually have enough for 2,000 miles every 4 to 6 weeks. Also, you may want to try www.e-miles.com. It is not as good as it used to be, but I can usually get another 1,000 miles once a year.
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Still get the emails, but haven't done a survey in 5+ years. Probably need to unsubscribe.
Old Feb 6, 17, 2:51 pm

I used to get a ton of stuff from MyPoints because I ordered all of the office supplies for my company back then and ended up with a few thousand points per purchase. Much more slim pickins these days. I only earn points a few times a year.
Old Aug 4, 17, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Now there is a new survey site to use, Opinion Terminal. Signed up and did the first survey (gatorade breakfast bars) which was only 5/10 minutes and got 400 miles instantly credited to my account.

Have a feeling the rest of the surveys will move at a snail's pace with accumulating miles, but hey 400 miles for 10/15 minutes to sign up and take the first survey isn't bad.

Last edited by SpicyMorale; Aug 4, 17 at 5:43 am
Old Aug 4, 17, 9:21 am

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Plat, AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards
Yeah, I just hooked up with Opinion Terminal too. It's pretty weak IMO after the first survey bonus. I've been doing that one with IHG for some time now. For me, I get kicked out much much more frequently than say Peanut Labs(E-miles) and the Pts/min isn't as robust. The only benefit, it's pretty much instant credit into the Mileage Plan account. Which of course seems to be the crutch for E-miles.

Just can't get back into E-rewards. For years was doing great through IHG than the notifications stopped, caught the dreaded wrong country error for awhile, then deactivation, emailing in trying to open up again, can't get past the automated help.
Old Aug 4, 17, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by archstenton View Post
Yeah, I just hooked up with Opinion Terminal too. It's pretty weak IMO after the first survey bonus. I've been doing that one with IHG for some time now. For me, I get kicked out much much more frequently than say Peanut Labs(E-miles) and the Pts/min isn't as robust. The only benefit, it's pretty much instant credit into the Mileage Plan account. Which of course seems to be the crutch for E-miles.

Just can't get back into E-rewards. For years was doing great through IHG than the notifications stopped, caught the dreaded wrong country error for awhile, then deactivation, emailing in trying to open up again, can't get past the automated help.
I think the next survey offer was for 35 miles lol. I gave up on e-miles & mypoints due to really only accumulating points by buying things.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: