Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: Virgin R class eligible for Alaska credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: Virgin R class eligible for Alaska credit.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:09 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
The back-end is struggling with R class, because on AS ticket stock, its an economy class of service, but on VX it represents an upgrade or something like that.

So I'd hold on to your documentation, because you'll probably have to request credit manually for a little while.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:39 pm

I just booked a VS flight through AS and noticed it was R. I called the gold line and she confirmed that R class will NOT accrue. I had them cancel the flight and went with a different route and spent more money.

Annoying.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nateinuk
I just booked a VS flight through AS and noticed it was R. I called the gold line and she confirmed that R class will NOT accrue. I had them cancel the flight and went with a different route and spent more money.

Annoying.
You didn't actually read this thread before posting, did you?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Annoying.
Welcome to Flyertalk nateinuk.

VS and AS do not have a relationship. AS has just acquired VX
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to Flyertalk nateinuk.

VS and AS do not have a relationship. AS has just acquired VX
I meant VX (Virgin America). I called Gold Line to confirm directly a few days ago, and after waiting on hold for 10 mins she said R class would NOT accrue miles on Alaska. Their website implies the same.

I'm hoping to get it cleared up because others here say it will, and I would hope R class would get credit, but from the site and my conversation I was told no. Can someone from Alaska respond and confirm, and ideally update the site.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...n-america.aspx
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I meant VX (Virgin America). I called Gold Line to confirm directly a few days ago, and after waiting on hold for 10 mins she said R class would NOT accrue miles on Alaska. Their website implies the same.

I'm hoping to get it cleared up because others here say it will, and I would hope R class would get credit, but from the site and my conversation I was told no. Can someone from Alaska respond and confirm, and ideally update the site.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...n-america.aspx
The problem is agent is probably looking at that page telling you no. That page only applies to tickets booked directly with Virgin America so the agents and whomever they spoke to have no idea what they are talking about.

R is not a Virgin fare bucket, Its an AS fare bucket so it is up to date. The AS chart applies and specifically calls out:

Eligible flight numbers

1-999
1000-1999 (operated by Virgin America)
2000-2999 (operated by Horizon Air)
3124-3499 (operated by SkyWest)
4800-4999 (operated by PenAir)

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (AS) must precede the flight number (for example, AS XXXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
VX R class.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...virgin-america

I am looking at buying PHL LAX on Alaska web site for the double miles promotion.

I thought that all booking class on VX earns at least 100% miles.

However, the screenshot from Alaska web site says that I am in R class on
Virgin America 1128 and 1129.

But R class is not listed as mileage earning class. what gives?

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It's probably booked as an Alaska codeshare. AS has R class, VX does not.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
It's probably booked as an Alaska codeshare. AS has R class, VX does not.
it wouldnt be a non-mileage earning class, right? it does not say AS xxxx...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Has anyone gotten credit automatically for VX operated VX marketed R class flight on 027 stock via alaskaair.com?

I've flown that a while back and still haven't gotten credit into my Alaska account, wondering if this needs manual claiming. If so it may be a hassle given the VX page on alaskaair.com does not mention R class as miles earning at all
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rownada
Has anyone gotten credit automatically for VX operated VX marketed R class flight on 027 stock via alaskaair.com?

I've flown that a while back and still haven't gotten credit into my Alaska account, wondering if this needs manual claiming. If so it may be a hassle given the VX page on alaskaair.com does not mention R class as miles earning at all
If it's bought on AS stock through the AS site, it's AS-marketed (i.e., it's an AS codeshare) and booked into AS R. Bug them for your miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.