Upgrade Processor Glitches

Old May 28, 2024, 2:47 pm

Programs: Yes
I want to take a moment to give AS some credit where credit is due.

In the past, I would routinely fail to populate on the FC UG WL for a flight after changing a flight or exercising a SDC. However, recently I have been consistently added to the new WL in ~ 10 minutes. 🤙🏻🍹
dgreen12, dayone, beckoa and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 2:40 pm

Looks like the upgrade professor is inebriated from 7/4 still..

Old Jul 8, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by anteater

In an attempt to maximize revenue AS is now selling the second jump seat in the F cabin. However, you are required to assist the F cabin flight attendant during service. However Under no circumstances, are you allowed to offer predeparture beverages! (Sarcasm always on)
Old Jul 8, 2024, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
In an attempt to maximize revenue AS is now selling the second jump seat in the F cabin. However, you are required to assist the F cabin flight attendant during service. However Under no circumstances, are you allowed to offer predeparture beverages! (Sarcasm always on)
If you scroll down, you might see how many Checked-Out first class guests there may be.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti

I was on a flight yesterday with 2 available F seats when the gate took control. Was upgraded as a nonrev before revenue pax. The top 2 were a couple traveling together. When they were called up were told only 1 seat available. They mentioned they had seen 2 seats still available and the gate agent gave some elaborate excuse about why there was only 1 left. I didnít want to make a scene after listening to how defiant she was when questioned but once onboard I asked the husband to swap so he could sit with his partner. Havenít bothered submitting anything internally because I know it wonít go anywhere but know how frustrating it is when Iíve gotten upgraded robbed in the past.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 4:40 pm

Flight 1082 tomorrow at 6am appears to have upgrade space available, see below, but when you go to flight status there are 35 people on the waitlist.

samosa likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by daisydog123
Flight 1082 tomorrow at 6am appears to have upgrade space available, see below, but when you go to flight status there are 35 people on the waitlist.

Yup, if youíre anywhere in the list you can call in and snipe it. Itís a bug but you can use it to your advantageÖ
Old Jul 8, 2024, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by daisydog123

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Yup, if youíre anywhere in the list you can call in and snipe it. Itís a bug but you can use it to your advantageÖ
Or use the full website to checkin, bypass the waitlist as an elite or get a paid upgrade for non-elite.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Or use the full website to checkin, bypass the waitlist as an elite or get a paid upgrade for non-elite.
Agreed, full web is the way to go, calling isnít the best ideaÖ
Old Jul 8, 2024, 10:02 pm

I saw something similar on a flight the other day: the status page said "Available First Class seats: 2" even though 16/16 seats had been checked in.

At least on my flight, as of T-40 minutes, the entire upgrade list had cleared and there were still 2 seats free in F. At this point the status page said 14/16 seats had been checked in. Then 2 passengers from the standby list cleared onto the flight in F, at which point the number of seats that had been checked in increased but the available first class seats count stayed the same. Probably just some quirk of how the gate agents clear standby passengers into F?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.