Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I doubted the validity of your report. I was more flabbergasted that the system is so broken that it is not upgrading anyone, or running at all, and even more flabbergasted that an agent would openly admit that to a customer (though I do appreciate their honesty).
Yeah, I know, thus my reporting to the thread. I kind of went hearing that. (I wasn't thinking you were implying my report; I am somewhat skeptical myself. given that people ARE reporting upgrades on schedule in the upgrade thread.)
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
It was strange. Normally I received my upgrade on Monday, but I didnt get the upgrade until today for JFK PDX JFK.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Upgrades have recently been a little wonky for me. Booking a B/M or other auto-upgrade fare with U space available never results in an upgrade for me. I have to call in, and everything is done cheerfully and within 90 seconds of them answering the phone.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Upgrades have recently been a little wonky for me. Booking a B/M or other auto-upgrade fare with U space available never results in an upgrade for me. I have to call in, and everything is done cheerfully and within 90 seconds of them answering the phone.
Are you booking at the Alaska website? Are you hitting the link after purchase that says "request comp upgrade"? Is that giving an error?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Are you booking at the Alaska website? Are you hitting the link after purchase that says "request comp upgrade"? Is that giving an error?
Yes and yes. When clicking the "request comp. upgrade" it gives me an error saying "this reservation is not available for upgrades." Last happened on a B fare with U5. This also happened late last year when I was trying to burn some of my UG certs.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Yes and yes. When clicking the "request comp. upgrade" it gives me an error saying "this reservation is not available for upgrades." Last happened on a B fare with U5. This also happened late last year when I was trying to burn some of my UG certs.
If you try to do it immediately after purchase, before you get the email confirmation, I've discovered the upgrade request doesn't take and I get an error. I have to wait until after I receive the email confirmation (assuming that means after the ticket is issued) to successfully request an upgrade.

However, that may not be the same error you're seeing.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
If you try to do it immediately after purchase, before you get the email confirmation, I've discovered the upgrade request doesn't take and I get an error. I have to wait until after I receive the email confirmation (assuming that means after the ticket is issued) to successfully request an upgrade.
Same for me.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Same for me.
The same thing happened to me using a GGU with U space available. Had to call in and it took 15 minutes on the phone to get it resolved.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
Does this count as an upgrade error? Called last night at T-24 to ask about paid F upgrade space on a VX flight, and somehow my ticket got invalidated during the process... 2 hours and 21 minutes later, AS reps informed me they are giving up. My ticket was cancelled, reissued as some sort of placeholder, and I have to go plead my case to the VX ticket counter tonight.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by pbd456
It was strange. Normally I received my upgrade on Monday, but I didnt get the upgrade until today for JFK PDX JFK.
Same here. Same route, but my outbound was on 2/2. I noticed U space available in F and 9 seats open at T-120, but for some reason I didn't clear at T-120. I gave it a day and still nothing. I didn't clear until T-48. Since it was a half empty plane, I didn't stress about it or bother calling. The same occurred on a similar flight the weekend prior.

Odd thing to happen another day. I decided to switch my inbound from JFK-PDX to JFK-SEA on 1/28 when Ianded in JFK. I booked it 2 hours before departure. Checked F and U space. One paid F available, no U space. I booked anyway and one minute later received an upgrade notification. Did not book an instant upgrade fare. It could be a total coincidence for timing, but it's almost as if the AS upgrade processor used a minimum fare threshold to trigger U availability.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
Same here. Same route, but my outbound was on 2/2. I noticed U space available in F and 9 seats open at T-120, but for some reason I didn't clear at T-120. I gave it a day and still nothing. I didn't clear until T-48. Since it was a half empty plane, I didn't stress about it or bother calling. The same occurred on a similar flight the weekend prior.

Odd thing to happen another day. I decided to switch my inbound from JFK-PDX to JFK-SEA on 1/28 when Ianded in JFK. I booked it 2 hours before departure. Checked F and U space. One paid F available, no U space. I booked anyway and one minute later received an upgrade notification. Did not book an instant upgrade fare. It could be a total coincidence for timing, but it's almost as if the AS upgrade processor used a minimum fare threshold to trigger U availability.
My Flight 5 days from now, U2 and 1 person has been upgraded. I'm going to give it an hour and then call since I've gad a few like this where i did clear. My outbound cleared automatically but this separate reservation is locked from changes for so many reissues so that may be why i have not been upgraded yet.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Did it process, or did you call back?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Interesting that you switched from a JFK-PDX flight with the double miles promotion to the SEA-JFK without the double miles....that would have been tough for me to do.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I learned that if you reissue the ticket too many times it makes it so you cant make any changes online and also it gets stuck in the auto upgrade process. I called in and had my upgrade pushed through for Sunday.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
I have a PDX-JFK flight this Sunday with my upgrade window opening last night. I had to call them last week for a similar flight since no upgrades posted well into the Gold upgrade window. I just got off the phone with them (30 minutes) to tell me that the entire upgrade process is down right now due to a known issue. Apparently, they're working on it right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.